• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm curious, as this is my first game, there's a way to input cheats correct? It was included,not debug, so where do people find the codes other than hacking? I'm curious because there are some codes on gfaws, including "precision mode" and i'm wondering what they are.

Cowboy, when you finish if you still want a challange, there's a code for hyperspeed. Not sure how fast that is, but i'd like to see TDWDTG or TtFaF on that, i haven't looked at it yet.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for the PC version, on the grounds that someone will eventually (the day it comes out) figure out how to mod it to make their own music. You could do that for Xbox, but it's a pain in the *** and requires you to mod your box, wave your warranty, and possibly get xbox live banned.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
ChRed, Hyperspeed doesn't really make the game any harder, because it spreads out the notes as well as speeding up. If anything- I'd say it's easier.

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I already use Hyperspeed 3. Big help.

Managed to crank out the rest of the bonus songs. Only a couple of 5-Stars elude me; Mauvais Garcon, The Way it Ends, and TtFaF.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
I'm waiting for the PC version, on the grounds that someone will eventually (the day it comes out) figure out how to mod it to make their own music. You could do that for Xbox, but it's a pain in the *** and requires you to mod your box, wave your warranty, and possibly get xbox live banned.
Why not just download frets on fire then?

Wuss

Smash Champion
I got this game on Sunday and I LOVE IT!!!
I played the second one at best buys at their little demo stations, but other than that, this is my first time owning it. I'm going through on hard, but I'm stuck at the last venue. I'm sure I'll be able to beat them but they are soo hard. I think this one is harder than the last one. I beat every song on the little demo thing on hard, and could beat most of them on expert, now, I can't even beat encore of the first set on expert :( I love "one" but the solo after the extreme triplets has me owned. as for the triplets, I just move my fingers really fast, and strum really fast, and pray I hit most of them...

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I already use Hyperspeed 3. Big help.

Managed to crank out the rest of the bonus songs. Only a couple of 5-Stars elude me; Mauvais Garcon, The Way it Ends, and TtFaF.
I don't even know how you can beat TtFaF, let alone 5 star it. I've beaten the game on expert...yet I maybe get 1-2% into TtFaF before I fail...lol

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
I can't beat Lou yet because every freaking time he gets the first BP phrase its ALWAYS friggin' lefty flip =(

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I want this game so bad :(

But of course, I don't have the money as of yet.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Just got it for the wii, and it's my first time owning GH, although I played GHII for PS2, but of course, I'm still a noob. Medium my first time through >_> Battling online is awesome, but I'm going to need to log alot more time before i'll be at any of your levels. Any tips for getting used to it besides just practicing?

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Just got it for the wii, and it's my first time owning GH, although I played GHII for PS2, but of course, I'm still a noob. Medium my first time through >_> Battling online is awesome, but I'm going to need to log alot more time before i'll be at any of your levels. Any tips for getting used to it besides just practicing?
Master your hammer ons and pull offs. I guarantee they will be your best friends. They will make everything muuuuuch easier on you when you get to the harder levels. Also make sure you actually strum the fast parts, instead of just pushing down on the strum bar as fast as you can.

Somasu

Smash Ace
I have come to the conclusion that I HATE Raining Blood!

I mean, ****! I beat TtFaF fater than this song!

Those hammer-ons in the beginning... there's just too many of them.. you miss one note, and throw your timing off for even a second, then there goes your song.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wii and PS2 have no DLC

PS2 has no online play.

PS3 and 360 have all of that and good graphics- but often come with effed up guitars,

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I have to say I rarely notice the graphics, as long as they have the fretboards correct, I'd probably live. I rarely notice what's going on in the background XD

And does anyone know where to get extra wii guitars? I want a second, but apparently the gamestops in my area still only have the game bundles. I notice that the wii will not have downloadable content initially. Does that mean there will be in the future?

[Cowboy]

Smash Journeyman
Good God; I managed to bang out 500k on TtFaF and still 5-Star. I will get it tonight. I'm still suprised that I managed to 5-Star The Way It Ends before this one. It's the last thing I have to 5-Star. T-T

In the meantime though, I'm just working on FCing a bunch of random crap. I kind of suck at FCing, though, no matter how easy a song is. I always manage to miss one random note and quit the song because it's so boring. Tiers 3-5 are usually where I get the easiest FCs; good mix of easy-FC-ability and not-very-boring-ness.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Good God; I managed to bang out 500k on TtFaF and still 5-Star. I will get it tonight. I'm still suprised that I managed to 5-Star The Way It Ends before this one. It's the last thing I have to 5-Star. T-T

In the meantime though, I'm just working on FCing a bunch of random crap. I kind of suck at FCing, though, no matter how easy a song is. I always manage to miss one random note and quit the song because it's so boring. Tiers 3-5 are usually where I get the easiest FCs; good mix of easy-FC-ability and not-very-boring-ness.
I FC'd Slow Ride my first time through XD

I'm not gonna take the time to FC everything though, some songs its just gonna be too hard to do so, especially TtFaF.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
God I'm such a noob at this. I'm really impressed with the people that are as good at this as they are,I'm stuck on Knights of Cydonia. I'm dyin' over here XD

Somasu

Smash Ace
Knights of Cydonia is one of my favorites <3

I'm just now working on beating Lou.. He's a real ***** with those lefty flips

Not many 5 stars, and no FCs yet.. haven't really been working on those records. Just trying to finish beating the game.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Just beat it on medium >_>
Dude, I just can't keep up with the solo's once it gets to like tier 5/6 on.
I got a 97 percent on Knights of Cydonia after practicing Ammending Chorus and Galloping Triplets like 6 times a piece. Just beat Lou so I have to go back and beat like three more.
HARD IS COMING SOON, IM ASCARED GUYS! I SUCK TOO MUCH FOR HARD XD

chiizu

Smash Rookie
Can anyone confirm if they're having surround sound issues with their Wii version?

Top Bottom