• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Techreading with the Forward-B

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
If you honestly can't get down techreading with the forward b. It's pretty simple. Do it a couple times and watch for a pattern in the way he rolls. After you do 2 or 3 techreads with his pattern try going the other way, if that works he's probably going to do a getup attack, in that case Shield, Jump, forward B. when he finally realizes that he can just stay down...D-tilt. And on occasions I've done an U-Tilt and it landed.

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
As much as a guide to techreading would be helpful, I can't help but think that techreading is something gained from experience, rather than something that can be read about.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
when you read which way a person techs and punish it. Ganon can do this over and over again(yes like nelly) with his forward-b because it has a set knockback.

chrusher97

Smash Cadet
rofl like nelly.

So even if they roll away from you you can still hit a sideB from shield? If your still standing in the same place from the first one you landed?

Magus420

Smash Master
No need to jump really since the shield drops incredibly fast now compared to the ~1/4 sec it took in Melee. Just release shield and forward B.

If they DI away you want to hold forward to walk and take a step or two to get more ontop of them before shielding so you can follow a roll away better. If they DI away and roll away it's harder/impossible to follow and catch them if you don't get ontop of them first.

Top Bottom