• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

BrawlyDude

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if basic brawl will ever work for ntsc? I just bought an as card thinking there will be people playing basic brawl till I found out that it doesn't even work...

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if basic brawl will ever work for ntsc? I just bought an as card thinking there will be people playing basic brawl till I found out that it doesn't even work...
According to this guy, Basic Brawl works. The problem may just be that there is no one actually looking for people to play with over Basic Brawl.
omg omg omg
I FOUND SOMEONE ON BASIC BRAWL

Last edited:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
The Wiimmfi devs are, in fact, aware of the issue with non-PAL Brawl matchmaking, but since Wiimmfi itself is a Europe-based project and none of them have NTSC Wiis, they don't really know how to fix it at the moment. They say they'll look into it eventually and hopefully find a resolve, but as of right now, they're focusing on other things.
According to this guy, Basic Brawl works. The problem may just be that there is no one actually looking for people to play with over Basic Brawl.
I'm pretty sure PKBeam is PAL. His location says Australia.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to debunk any misconceptions. :upsidedown: I've been avidly keeping track of the devs' progress with NTSC BB, and I'm as eager as anyone else for it to work.

Last edited:

mesikoko

Smash Cadet
NNID
vexcain
3DS FC
1075-1191-5811
Uhh, I was playing Project M today, and I got disconnected. I have tried reconnecting and I see that the error code is 23901, which apparently means im temp banned. Can anyone tell me why..? I was just hosting a room and waiting for my friend to join, and this happened all of a sudden.

EDIT: I can connect now. That was strange, though.

Last edited:

CheapMovieMonster

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendaryLink17
3DS FC
1891-1579-9718
Just wanted to debunk any misconceptions. :upsidedown: I've been avidly keeping track of the devs' progress with NTSC BB, and I'm as eager as anyone else for it to work.
Hopefully by the time they fix it Smash 4 won't already be out for the 3DS :p, although I'm willing to wait for it so long as it's capable of keeping stable enough connections when it's ready for use.

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
error code 80430 here; friend of mine and i tried it. he can never see me online and when i try to join his room that's the error code i get (no matter if it's PM or brawl)

Help?
I'm just now having this same problem. I was able to play with my friend a few days ago (we had added each other before shutdown) using the Wiimmfi Patcher. Now I'm trying it with the Gecko code and some different friends, and this is the exact problem I'm getting. Both of them say "Awaiting Registration" on my list, but they can see me online and making rooms. They get 80430 when trying to join.

Edit: We tried completely shutting off our Wiis, readding each other, etc.
Edit2: I also tried using the Patcher again instead of the code, nothing.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'm just now having this same problem. I was able to play with my friend a few days ago (we had added each other before shutdown) using the Wiimmfi Patcher. Now I'm trying it with the Gecko code and some different friends, and this is the exact problem I'm getting. Both of them say "Awaiting Registration" on my list, but they can see me online and making rooms. They get 80430 when trying to join.

Edit: We tried completely shutting off our Wiis, readding each other, etc.
Edit2: I also tried using the Patcher again instead of the code, nothing.
Hmm. My friend and I tried readding each other; I managed to add him, but for me, his still said awaiting registration. Strange.

@ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one is there anyone else who can help troubleshoot? Seems like this isn't just me. :/

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. My friend and I tried readding each other; I managed to add him, but for me, his still said awaiting registration. Strange.

@ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one is there anyone else who can help troubleshoot? Seems like this isn't just me. :/
So far nothing has come from it yet, but I'm in the situation your friend is in. I have the DNS setup, primary being the server and secondary my router. I don't really know what else there is though xD One of my friends who I'm trying to play with I had added about a month ago, but before I tried deleting and re-adding him it said he was offline, even though he wasn't.

Edit: After some researching, I found (specifically for Brawl):
Monday, June 9th 2014, 4:42am
Thanks for knocking out the 91010 error.

We've still got the Friend List updating issues though. Very weird behavior that didn't exist on Gamespy servers that I've detailed in earlier posts.

Ciapa: As said in the first post, this is just for development issues. But we know this bug and a QuickFix for it: just let everyone login again and this will be gone.
------
Well, we tried that so this new issue must be different.

Edit 2: More research! I think it must be a server GPSP issue:

Server GPSP
Server GPSP is used to retrieve information about friends. The Wii connects and disconnects frequently using TCP. We use Nintendos GPSP server to retrieve the profile_id and nick pairs.

Last edited:

Sir Bedivere

Smash Cadet
I downloaded the hackless wifi PM file that Rood linked and extracted it onto a blank 2gig SD card, but whenever I go to stage creation nothing happens. Anybody know what I'm missing here? :(

Liduso

Smash Rookie
Literally made an account JUST to ask for other peoples friend codes for Project M.

My code is : 3313-1249-5761
I play with the Fire Emblem Cast basically, and occasionally Captain Falcon.
Anyone? :D

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Literally made an account JUST to ask for other peoples friend codes for Project M.
Welcome to the forums. This isn't the thread in which you should post challenges or friend code requests, but since that was said on an earlier page, I can't blame you for not getting the memo.

With that in mind, please refer to this thread if you are looking to play P:M on Wiimmfi with others:

Last edited:

yoyowoodchuckguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1538-9247
Is it possible to access Brawl wifi with one of the methods in the OP, while using an SD card that also has PM on it? The reason i ask is because I only have one SD card not in the SDHC format.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Is it possible to access Brawl wifi with one of the methods in the OP, while using an SD card that also has PM on it? The reason i ask is because I only have one SD card not in the SDHC format.
I want to know this too.

What I did was backup my P:M files on my computer, delete everything off my SD card, and get the wiimfi on my SD card.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'd say yes. If you just use the Wiimmfi Patcher app through homebrew, it won't load anything more or less than Brawl with the Wiimmfi patch. I doubt it works if you load the Wiimmfi patch for Brawl by means of Gecko or Riivo, however, since those rely on loading gct files to get the ball rolling, and the gct for P:M (obviously) differs vastly from any gct typically used for vBrawl.

I'm not sure about hackless though, if that's what you meant. I'd affirm not since hackless P:M and hackless Wiimmfi both get booted from stage builder.

mesikoko

Smash Cadet
NNID
vexcain
3DS FC
1075-1191-5811
I got it to work through homebrew. I just threw the PM launcher in my apps folder lol.
Also, since the launcher works, I now have the regular patcher alongside it, So i can play either brawl or pm, if thats what the above were asking about

Last edited:

mesikoko

Smash Cadet
NNID
vexcain
3DS FC
1075-1191-5811
I got this error code today
23915 (Banned: Abuse using of a console identifier)

i dont even know what a console identifier is <_<
help?

xanthan

Smash Rookie
So, I completely lack a 2 GB SD card and instead only have a 4 GB. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but that does mean I can't play Project M online?

Also whats the actual reason for needing to use a 2 GB SD card anyway, seems like a pretty odd limitation.

If anyone wants to add me for normal brawl my FC is 1595-1380-4337

Last edited:

ArcticVolta

Smash Rookie
Is there any onther way to get the DNS? and where exactly do I change the DNS on the wii?
also I can get Brawl to work online But project M doesn't load when i enter the stage builder, why?
(i format my SD, but the files in and does not work for PM for me. Also, before this i had PM wifi safe and It did work when loading so It can't be stages etc.) Can anyone help me?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I got this error code today
23915 (Banned: Abuse using of a console identifier)

i dont even know what a console identifier is <_<
help?
never seen that error code before, i don't know :( you might have to ask on the wii-homebrew forums

Top Bottom