• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Jesus Christ don't talk about listening when I've mentioned at least twice im out of state at sktar

RE-DAZ

Smash Cadet

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
ok, so has anyone had any success in finding a with ANYONE match (not with friends) and if so, are you running NTCS or PAL

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
ok, so has anyone had any success in finding a with ANYONE match (not with friends) and if so, are you running NTCS or PAL
This is a known issue for NTSC consoles. People should register here and express a stronger desire for the Wiimmfi team to get it resolved on this thread: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board...ver-project-english/51700-multi-game-support/

In short, only PAL matchmaking works, and just barely. It probably has something to do with the fact that Wiimmfi is a European-based project (Dutch, I believe).

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
WHICH... leads us to the reason why we need a video showing us how to do all this complicated stuff! Anyone listening to me?
Hang in there man. I know you are probably just as excited for this stuff as I am, but pidgezero_one has been keeping everyone updated despite being away from home and gave a time estimate for a thread update on Wednesday.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm making a tutorial video right now expect it asap

Thor

Smash Champion
Wi-fi w/ friends had been pretty great (lots of desyncs and disconnects - probably about 1 every third match... but VERY low lag) until today, where there was a lot of high lag and still lots of disconnects and desyncs. Was there a problem that surfaced today, or were a lot of people using the servers today, or what?

[was using hackless method]

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Wi-fi w/ friends had been pretty great (lots of desyncs and disconnects - probably about 1 every third match... but VERY low lag) until today, where there was a lot of high lag and still lots of disconnects and desyncs. Was there a problem that surfaced today, or were a lot of people using the servers today, or what?

[was using hackless method]
I'm not sure, there's only one server so it can be subject to blips

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
What's up with the hackless method video? It's been removed! Re-upload again please??

Last edited:

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
Man! Finally! I think I'm ready to play Me some brawl wifi style! But questions:
Do you still need the DNS with hackless method?
Did you use a remote with Wii motion plus or regular remote?
Will hackless method delete your save file or not?

Thanks man! (or woman. you sounded like a woman in the video. lol)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Man! Finally! I think I'm ready to play Me some brawl wifi style! But questions:
Do you still need the DNS with hackless method?
Did you use a remote with Wii motion plus or regular remote?
Will hackless method delete your save file or not?

Thanks man! (or woman. you sounded like a woman in the video. lol)
don't know if you need the DNS, it's set up on my wii by default. I used a wii motion plus wiimote but i do not think it makes a difference either way. The method has no bearing on whether or not it deletes your save file, if the connection gives you a 60000 error code it means you need a new save file (See step 1.5 of my guide if you get this error. It is extremely easy to get a new save file and requires no hacks)

and yes i am female lol

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Excuse the n00b question, but how will I know if step 1 didn't work?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, or if it's old information, but the launchers for Gecko and Riivolution only work with the older non MotionPlus Wiimotes and Gamecube controllers. The controller will disconnect, and won't reconnect unless you unplug and restart the system. I can confirm this for the Wii U.

Again, sorry for a useless post if everyone already knows this. Still, this is amazing how you guys were able to make the server available to hackless users. Thanks so much!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Servers down for maintenance today? Hallelujah. Any guess on when they might be back up?

Last edited:

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, or if it's old information, but the launchers for Gecko and Riivolution only work with the older non MotionPlus Wiimotes and Gamecube controllers. The controller will disconnect, and won't reconnect unless you unplug and restart the system. I can confirm this for the Wii U.

Again, sorry for a useless post if everyone already knows this. Still, this is amazing how you guys were able to make the server available to hackless users. Thanks so much!
I'm still using my Motionplus Remote! Pidgezero just said that it's fine to use any remote. I'm not sure if your referring the Wii U or the original Wii. This is the Old Wii we're talking about. If you can show a video to prove what you are saying, I must see it. otherwise, I don't believe it! Also, you can just disable the motionplus feature.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

the video i made was with a wii motion plus wiimote but it was on a wii
Servers down for maintenance today? Hallelujah. Any guess on when they might be back up?
I'm actually not involved with the technical side of the server at all so unfortunately i can''t answer that :(

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm still using my Motionplus Remote! Pidgezero just said that it's fine to use any remote. I'm not sure if your referring the Wii U or the original Wii. This is the Old Wii we're talking about. If you can show a video to prove what you are saying, I must see it. otherwise, I don't believe it! Also, you can just disable the motionplus feature.
I said that I could confirm that for the Wii U, so that means I'm using the Wii U.

Anyways, while I can't provide video proof, I can give you this: http://smashboards.com/threads/got-to-the-gecko-screen-but-wii-remote-seems-to-be-act-dead.343417/

It does the same thing with Riivolution. Here's a link, and it doesn't directly state whether the newer ones work or not. It does heavily imply that some new Wiimotes don't work, however. http://rvlution.net/?page=thread&id=1400
the video i made was with a wii motion plus wiimote but it was on a wii

I'm actually not involved with the technical side of the server at all so unfortunately i can''t answer that :(
This may mean that it doesn't work on Wii Us. :c Oh well.

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
I said that I could confirm that for the Wii U, so that means I'm using the Wii U.

Anyways, while I can't provide video proof, I can give you this: http://smashboards.com/threads/got-to-the-gecko-screen-but-wii-remote-seems-to-be-act-dead.343417/

It does the same thing with Riivolution. Here's a link, and it doesn't directly state whether the newer ones work or not. It does heavily imply that some new Wiimotes don't work, however. http://rvlution.net/?page=thread&id=1400

This may mean that it doesn't work on Wii Us. :c Oh well.
It seems like some people on the first link have stated that only the new remotes that were made before 2011-2012 should be able to work whether it has motionplus or not! I have a Red Wii and got it in 2010(25th anniversary edition)! Perhaps my motionplus remote can still work for riivolution!

mesikoko

Smash Cadet
NNID
vexcain
3DS FC
1075-1191-5811
Will a homebrew-enabled project M be released? or is there a way to get it already that im not aware of

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Do NTSC patched Brawl images work on PAL Wiis?
I keep getting 30210 error code.
I have no idea - if 30210 isn't in the OP then I don't know it :s
Will a homebrew-enabled project M be released? or is there a way to get it already that im not aware of
You'll have to ask the pmbr

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I keep getting 30210 error code.
I'm getting 31020. Don't know what the **** that is or why exactly I'm getting it. I can't recall exactly what code I was getting yesterday, but this one is certainly different. Getting it when I try to connect on P:M. Can't tell what the issue is right now.

Edit: Nevermind. Just connected to wifi via Riivo on a different SD card for vBrawl. Guess perhaps I just set up something wrong on my P:M root. Dammit.

The pinned post here might be able to help you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ProjectMWiFi/
Reading over these instructions... is this for connecting by going through the Wiimmfi patcher then booting hackless P:M? I need one for the P:M launcher.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I actually did something right for once!:estatic:

And actually you CAN use FPC with the code, given you use the gameconfig.txt, as it allows something like 8192 (or is it 16384?) lines of code.

Last edited:

genandnic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6683-5828
This CAN NOT be used with Phantom Wings' file patch code, because the GCT file would exceed 256 lines. You cannot use this code and custom textures/music/etc at the same time.
Devastated.
And actually you CAN use FPC with the code, given you use the gameconfig.txt, as it allows something like 8192 (or is it 16384?) lines of code.
How does one go about generating a GCT file that large?
EDIT: Found one solution. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20040

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Last edited:

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
I dont know whats going on I keep getting this 31020 error and I havent changed any of my files it was working fine this morning.Well nvm just read its server maintenance.

Last edited:

genandnic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6683-5828
Generate a GCT like always. (I use Code Manager, the one with the skull) Use the brawl gameconfig.txt. And there you go.

e~ And just FPC + Code = 240 lines, which will fit in a 255 line limit.
I must be using an outdated version of Ocarina Code Manager then, it won't let me export files more than 256 lines long. There's no issue though, I have everything working just fine now.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
It was working fine, then it says "Server is down"
I try again "Unable to connect"
I try again, the game crashes.
My friend is experiencing the same problem.
PS it always crashes after the "Unable to connect"

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Yeah what Pikmin1211 said. I keep getting Error code 23931, and just now, when I try to connect it freezes me.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Top Bottom