• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm going to have to wait until the Gecko OS version comes out as that's the only thing that's really working for me atm. I can't get Riivolution, or DOP-Mii to work for the life of me. (Using v-Wii on Wii U, but managed to Smash Stack it into recognizing every hack/mod/hb from my old Wii.)
There are currently no known plans to support gecko. At this time it's looking even less likely than the hackless launcher
Thanks for the servers and all the hard work!!

But, if it isn't too much of a hassle if the creator of the wiimmfi app make USB support please?

My Wii's SD card is broken so I use the USB to act like a SD.

I'm alittle to unpatient, don't want to wait for the Riivolution fix :O

And just wanted to say thank you to smashboards !! All of you are awesome!! I always came to this site for TUTS,Awesome Textures, and even when Phantom Wings was active. Never bothered to make an account but what these guys did here is just amazing :D
Read the OP, usbloader was the first method supported
Error 60000 is as far as I can go :(
Please see the op for error codes aand explanations
Does a "condensed Brawl" .iso fit on 8gig flash for USB loading? and can that be modified to work with PM for the servers? Is there any place to get help on this?
That's cutting it close, I'm not sure if 8gig will fit it but you can certainly try!
What about just using the Project M Loader on the homebrew channel? Can it work through that?
From whaat I understand the pm launcher depends on a certain file having a certain # of lines of code, and this mod changes that number of lines, which is why they're working on its integration right now.
I'm sure they're currently looking to rectify this, do they have an estimate of when they might have the patch fixed?
No estimates

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone confirm if NTSC-U Basic Brawl works? Refer to this thread: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board...english/51700-multi-game-support/index10.html

Apparently, people have had success finding players on PAL BB, but haven't heard anything about NTSC-U.

For what it's worth, I've been searching on BB for the past several hours, and regularly get an error 81010 disconnect after about a half hour of searching.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
For those of you who need a new save: check the OP, I have a new update for you

FenrirFlame

Smash Cadet
NNID
FenrirFlame
3DS FC
2852-9227-4498
So, I don't really understand, if you put your friend code in manually before the end of May 18th. It already works and you can connect to the server along with any registered friends? or do you actually legit have to start modding your wii to even try to connect to it?

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Homebrew + Wiimmfi Patcher:
  1. Download this file: http://chadsoft.co.uk/downloads/autowiimmfipatcher0.3.zip
  2. Extract its contents (apps and bslug folders) to the root of your SD card.
  3. On your Wii, set your primary DNS to 176.9.146.163, and the secondary DNS to the IP address of your router (you can find this in Windows by running CMD and typing "ipconfig /all", it is the value for "Default gateway") - This step may not be necessary, but if you end up not being able to connect, try it.
  4. Put the SD card in your Wii, launch Homebrew Channel, insert your Brawl disc. Run the Auto Wiimmfi Patcher.
  5. Done!At th

You must run this app every time you want to use Wifi.
At the bottom of the post it says a method for PM isn't available... Would this work tho? Or is this specifically for Brawl, not for MKW, PM, or any other WFC games?

Edit: Nvm, looks like thats a no-go. At least patching vBrawl is fairly hassle free with a USB Loader

Last edited:

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
I've got this working...sucks no PM tho!! Anyone wanting to try brawl out let me know.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
So, I don't really understand, if you put your friend code in manually before the end of May 18th. It already works and you can connect to the server along with any registered friends? or do you actually legit have to start modding your wii to even try to connect to it?
See step 2, a hackless method is not available and I discourage people from waiting for one

Last edited:

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Damn. No more textures and custom music online, can't use Gecko with this. And I don't really want to try Riivolution. :/

Also interested in the NTSC-U basic brawl problem. I'll be looking for people all weekend to see

Edit: Getting error code 31020 after spending about 2 hours. Got 81010 twice while waiting, every 30-40 minutes. 31020 is good news because Bean said that means they are working on it

2: Now back on and still getting 81010 every 40 minutes about

Last edited:

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
I'm planning to hack my Wii since there may not be a hackless method anytime soon. Do I need an older Wii remote to start the hacking process? I'm just a little skeptical about doing this so before I do anything risky, I just need to know what I really need.

Adrik

Smash Rookie
A friend of mine has a bit of trouble with this private server. He has the PAL ISO patched and it conects to the internet, but sometimes an error 91010 shows up and he gets disconected from wifi and he has to reconect. This happens sometimes while he´s online but especially while playing with another player (version NSTC patched of the game). However, it seems that when he plays with me it goes fine. Do you know why this error appears, and how to solve it?
If there´s any information I can add I´ll edit
Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine has a bit of trouble with this private server. He has the PAL ISO patched and it conects to the internet, but sometimes an error 91010 shows up and he gets disconected from wifi and he has to reconect. This happens sometimes while he´s online but especially while playing with another player (version NSTC patched of the game). However, it seems that when he plays with me it goes fine. Do you know why this error appears, and how to solve it?
Many thanks in advance
Sometimes to get the error 91010(Disconnect) when im in a match and it happens every like 2 matches.

Andy1997

Smash Rookie
Thanks again guys,

hope that riivolution methods comes out at some point thou. I hate using USB Loaders when I already have the disc but whatever, I should be happy that I got to play some smash online today, basic brawl with only one other person but eh , better then nothing... it was like 1am so I was suprised I actually got into a match, and only like 27 people were online at that time according to the server stats.

You know what the creator of the Sever Statistics website should do!! Make like a Xat Chat or some sort of chatroom on the Sever Statistics website so people in Basic Brawl or Mario Kart can chat with each other. That is if people join it, I know I would.
EDIT*

Anyone wanna add me ?
Name: Andy
FC: 4215 0680 0617

Last edited:

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
I should be happy that I got to play some smash online today, basic brawl with only one other person but eh , better then nothing... it was like 1am so I was suprised I actually got into a match, and only like 27 people were online at that time according to the server stats.
Wait, are you PAL or NTSC-U? Because basic is only working for PAL last I heard

okboy

"The Okayest"
NNID
syntheticweenie
3DS FC
1418-8005-4521
Can't smash stack be used to open the wiimmfi homebrew patcher app for a simple hackless method?

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
So Project M actually does currently work online at least with the Homebrew + Wiimmfi Patcher (that is hosting and having players join your lobby. I doubt matchmaking works.)

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
there was a very unfortunate update for those of you waiting for riivolution support, please read the OP for details and what you can do about it

Damn. No more textures and custom music online, can't use Gecko with this. And I don't really want to try Riivolution. :/

Also interested in the NTSC-U basic brawl problem. I'll be looking for people all weekend to see

Edit: Getting error code 31020 after spending about 2 hours. Got 81010 twice while waiting, every 30-40 minutes. 31020 is good news because Bean said that means they are working on it

2: Now back on and still getting 81010 every 40 minutes about
I am not sure what 81010 means... however according to this it might mean that the patcher did not work properly for you, but it seems unlikely since some people are reporting it happening between matches :/
I'm planning to hack my Wii since there may not be a hackless method anytime soon. Do I need an older Wii remote to start the hacking process? I'm just a little skeptical about doing this so before I do anything risky, I just need to know what I really need.
I don't think it matters how old your wii (i'm assuming you meant wii and not wii remote, if you meant wii remote it doesn't matter, my wii motion plus remote worked fine in modding my most recent wii a few weeks ago) is, I've gotten it to work on 4.2U and 4.3U
Many thanks in advance
I unfortunately do not have any info on this error at this time beyond what I said to the first quote in this reply :(
Ah, so the wii needs to be hacked no matter what in order for this to work
As of right now and for the foreseeable future, this is the case
Can't smash stack be used to open the wiimmfi homebrew patcher app for a simple hackless method?
If someone wants to try this and report back they are more than welcome to do so, I don't own a vanilla wii
So Project M actually does currently work online at least with the Homebrew + Wiimmfi Patcher (that is hosting and having players join your lobby. I doubt matchmaking works.)
I got it to work with usbloader but it also only connected to lobby, no updates on matchmaking yet

Last edited:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
So, nobody has any direct answers as to why NTSC-U Basic Brawl/matchmaking doesn't work, or if it ever will? Was Wiimmfi even advertised as having that ability?

Daily searching in Basic Brawl disconnects me every half hour or so, usually with an 81010 error (though a few days ago, I'd get 81310 instead).

It's just weird to me, because, as I said, PAL players, though far and few between, are able to connect to each other, so I can't understand why it doesn't work for NTSC regions. I can't shake the memory of reading somewhere that you had to forward certain of your Wii's ports before anonymous matchmaking can work... Any input here?

Skybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skybunny
So, nobody has any direct answers as to why NTSC-U Basic Brawl/matchmaking doesn't work, or if it ever will? Was Wiimmfi even advertised as having that ability?

Daily searching in Basic Brawl disconnects me every half hour or so, usually with an 81010 error (though a few days ago, I'd get 81310 instead).

It's just weird to me, because, as I said, PAL players, though far and few between, are able to connect to each other, so I can't understand why it doesn't work for NTSC regions. I can't shake the memory of reading somewhere that you had to forward certain of your Wii's ports before anonymous matchmaking can work... Any input here?
Hey, I'm Bunbun from the forum link posted earlier. ^^

Unfortunately, we haven't got a reason as to why we can only find people on the PAL version and not the NTSC-U version yet. :( I also experience random 81010, 91010, (dunno about 81310) errors when searching in both NTSC-U and PAL versions after a while of searching (half an hour to 3 hours). In the PAL version, when I find someone (which takes forever because I don't think there's many PAL users searching in basic brawl) we usually disconnect with a 91010 error after a few matches and this has also happened when playing against friends. I shrugged this off because I just assumed it will be fixed sometime in the future as the servers are still under development. So basically, we're just waiting for a response from Ciapa (from that forum). Me and another person from that forum dumped some packets for him. Hopefully he can figure out what's going on.

If you were able to play basic brawl/team battle on the official servers without forwarding ports (or didn't experience any times where you couldn't connect to a friend) then you're probably fine. But just to be safe, it wouldn't hurt to port forward. xP Easiest way is to just set your Wii to DMZ in your router.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm Bunbun from the forum link posted earlier. ^^

Unfortunately, we haven't got a reason as to why we can only find people on the PAL version and not the NTSC-U version yet. :( I also experience random 81010, 91010, (dunno about 81310) errors when searching in both NTSC-U and PAL versions after a while of searching (half an hour to 3 hours). In the PAL version, when I find someone (which takes forever because I don't think there's many PAL users searching in basic brawl) we usually disconnect with a 91010 error after a few matches and this has also happened when playing against friends. I shrugged this off because I just assumed it will be fixed sometime in the future as the servers are still under development. So basically, we're just waiting for a response from Ciapa (from that forum). Me and another person from that forum dumped some packets for him. Hopefully he can figure out what's going on.

If you were able to play basic brawl/team battle on the official servers without forwarding ports (or didn't experience any times where you couldn't connect to a friend) then you're probably fine. But just to be safe, it wouldn't hurt to port forward. xP Easiest way is to just set your Wii to DMZ in your router.
Hey! Thanks for clearing some of this up. I know it's already huge for normal FC matches to even be working at all, but With Anyone was/is probably my favorite aspect of Brawl (being able to play against random strangers online), so I hope they can figure out how to get it working soon. The lack of clear answers started making me wonder if it was even being addressed period.

Last edited:

Andy1997

Smash Rookie
Hey guy,

So I used the USB Loader method and patched my iso and tryed it on the dolphin emulator and it worked.

Here's a Video:

Althought I didn't show myself playing with others, I just tryed to see if it would connect which worked.

*EDIT

nvm the lag and ****ty fps was causing issues, I was actually able to fight myself using the laptop dolphin emulator and my wii :D

Also I noticed when I was in a basic brawl on the wii for about 20mins and then I actually went on basic brawl on the
dolphin emulator and waited like 10mins I noticed the 81010 error popped up at the same time for both wii and dolphin.
So I guess when u find someone it disconnects you from them... hmm

Last edited:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Hey, yeah, it's been established that you can enter Basic Brawl. You just can't find anyone. :glare:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
How did you connevt to wiimmfi via Dolphin?

Andy1997

Smash Rookie
How did you connevt to wiimmfi via Dolphin?
I got dolphin 4.0.2

I got my SSBB iso and used the USB Loader method in your post. I just used wiimmfi patcher to patch the iso then I just ran it by dolphin it works perfectly.

I found a video a guy made about how to do it on the Dolphin Emulator

I don't know if this would help the guys who are debugging and doing maintenance on the servers but I think the debugger in dolphin can maybe explain why NSTC brawl users can't connect to each other. It displays a-lot of commands and errors that I don't understand but may be useful to the wiimmfi guys.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I got dolphin 4.0.2

I got my SSBB iso and used the USB Loader method in your post. I just used wiimmfi patcher to patch the iso then I just ran it by dolphin it works perfectly.

I found a video a guy made about how to do it on the Dolphin Emulator

I don't know if this would help the guys who are debugging and doing maintenance on the servers but I think the debugger in dolphin can maybe explain why NSTC brawl users can't connect to each other. It displays a-lot of commands and errors that I don't understand but may be useful to the wiimmfi guys.
putting this in the op thank you!

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
HEY!! I'm still waiting for a Damn Hackless method and it's taking Forev- I'm just joking! Keep up the good work guys! I'm sure we could have donated some money to Nintendo so that they could afford keeping their wifi services running. That way we wouldn't have to deal with any of this hard work to continue playing online!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
HEY!! I'm still waiting for a Damn Hackless method and it's taking Forev- I'm just joking! Keep up the good work guys! I'm sure we could have donated some money to Nintendo so that they could afford keeping their wifi services running. That way we wouldn't have to deal with any of this hard work to continue playing online!
My friend is going to let me borrow his non-hacked wii and I will be attempting a hackless method myself

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
As of now, is it possible to get on wifi AND still have codes on (such as custom music, infinite replays, etc.)? Or do you have to play without them? :/

Preferably I'd like to have them on so that I can save replays. If not, then oh well. =P

Andy1997

Smash Rookie
As of now, is it possible to get on wifi AND still have codes on (such as custom music, infinite replays, etc.)? Or do you have to play without them? :/

Preferably I'd like to have them on so that I can save replays. If not, then oh well. =P
Ok, so to be honest the only way to use cheats right now with Wiimmfi(correct me if Im wrong).
Is to use the Homebrew+USB Loader method and apply cheats using the USB Loader.

As for custom music, I suppose your referring to patching the game files like how Riivolution does.
Im not sure but I think the file patcher code for brawl can be used with the USB Loader( I think I'm wrong thou because the I don't remember right but I think I tested it before, I think the file patcher code requires the original disc in the Wii Drive in order to work)

The only other way to do it (At this time) is to use Wiisrubber and patch the iso files then run it with USB Loader.

I think its better to wait until the Riivolution Devs respond..

Last edited:

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
Anyone know a way to get my Brawl Friend Code? The only way to access it is to connect to WFC...

UltraJake

Smash Rookie
I seem to be doing something wrong when patching the iso. Is the iso itself bad (even though it works fine to play using USBLoader) or am I making a silly mistake?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
"Invalid Wii partiton"? That's odd... My guess is a bad ISO, but I don't know enough about the patcher to be certain.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
BIG HUGE AWESOME ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EDITED INTO THE OP!

I will provide more useful instructions for newbies later. I have to go to sktar this weekend and am leaving tomorrow. See you all Tuesday

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
>mfw this awesome ****ing announcement

Yes. Yes. Yes. Hell yes.

Last edited:

Zerudahime

Smash Apprentice
hmm..i seem to be having an issue..along with many others as well..there is a disconnect every two games?
anyone having this issue?
i followed everything posted in the guide...recommendations?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
hmm..i seem to be having an issue..along with many others as well..there is a disconnect every two games?
anyone having this issue?
i followed everything posted in the guide...recommendations?
Me and a friend have been playing for a while without being disconnected. As the host, I just leave and start a new room after every two games. Been working swell so far.

Nevermind, just disconnected us after... almost an hour. Longest I've ever been on without it disconnecting me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom