• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GUIDE] Connecting to Brawl/PM Wifi post-WFC shutdown: Occasional server issues are temporary

Smasher Lee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ssblee
3DS FC
3754-9164-7769
When deleting the brawl file, will it matter if I delete it within the game or deleting it by accessing the Wii's memory.

Also, I couldn't connect to basic brawl with the NTSC version of brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
From what I understand NTSC is not supported. I installed PAL just to be on the safe side, and still can't find a match, b/c no one is connecting, lol. This mode is dead. I've given up even trying.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
When deleting the brawl file, will it matter if I delete it within the game or deleting it by accessing the Wii's memory.

I always delete it via the wii's memory, but I don't think it matters.

Basic Brawl for NTSC is not up yet. :(

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
FYI: To ensure this guide's longevity, I am mirroring all the downloads on my own Dropbox. Don't worry about files going down in the future.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
PLEASE READ THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

If you use a Wii LAN adapter PLEASE READ MY NEW WARNING IN STEP 2 AS WELL AS THE ERROR CODE SECTION
YOU ARE AT RISK OF BEING PERMABANNED FROM WIIMMFI IF YOU ARE NOT VERY CAREFUL

This is brand new information and i strongly recommend anyone sourcing my guide to keep up

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm getting error code 20100, currently. Just finished playing with someone an hour ago. Is this maintenance, or something I should be concerned about?

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
I'm getting that error too, and there were a few others in the WiFi thread who got it as well. I'm hoping it's just maintenance. :>

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
If it was working fine and suddenly stopped working it's most likely maintenance

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
Well this sucks, First of all I can't remember my brawl FC and second of all, NTSC isn't supported(basic brawl) which is the version I have. Is there any way I could connect online?

P.S Project M is mainly NTSC so.. whats the point if you can't do basic brawl?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
If you don't know your fc you need a new save file, see step 1.5

Not having basic brawl just means you can't play ffas with random people, you can still face people on your friends list

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
Thanks man.
Brawl and Gecko OS +troubleshooting and you being awesome let me have a new FC and play online basic brawl (weirdly)

ToonCake111

Smash Rookie
How do we put textures with GeckoOS I won't use riivolution because it dosen't load on my wii....

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
FYI: To ensure this guide's longevity, I am mirroring all the downloads on my own Dropbox. Don't worry about files going down in the future.
Watch out, Dropbox can temporarily block your account if there's too much traffic going on with your files.

link2702

Smash Champion
hey y'all I got a question.

I just got a wii U a few weeks back, and I want to make sure can I use the hackless method in wii mode on it?

I don't want to end up bricking my wiiU.

I don't want to really go and have to hook up the wii all over again just for anytime i want to play brawl....

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Thanks man.
Brawl and Gecko OS +troubleshooting and you being awesome let me have a new FC and play online basic brawl (weirdly)
i'm not a man lol but you're welcome glad to hear it's working :p
How do we put textures with GeckoOS I won't use riivolution because it dosen't load on my wii....
please see this guide http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
Watch out, Dropbox can temporarily block your account if there's too much traffic going on with your files.
it's ok i have backups, it'll probably be fine because the entire iso archive on kc-mm for brawl hacking is hosted on dropbox too but thanks for the heads

I just got a wii U a few weeks back, and I want to make sure can I use the hackless method in wii mode on it?

I don't want to really go and have to hook up the wii all over again just for anytime i want to play brawl....
i haven't tested this on wii u, anyone else able to shed some light?

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
Double Posting sucks but..

Wouldn't it be easier if you used the website with FC and reigon? Or did you have do that before may 18th or something?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

I can confirm that it works exactly the same on the Wii U. You need to have a Wiimote from around 2012 or earlier, though. The newest ones don't work with the Riivolution or Gecko launchers.

I used Riivolution, so I can't actually confirm if Gecko works or not. Sorry.

N8George94

Smash Rookie
NNID
N8George94
For the PM hackless wifi method do I add those files to my SD card with PM installed? Because I did that and I'm getting an error message "WFC service has been discontinued. :("

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Double Posting sucks but..

Wouldn't it be easier if you used the website with FC and reigon? Or did you have do that before may 18th or something?
You had to do that regardless of what wifi launcher method you use. Apparently it still works, but if you can't connect after 24 hours of submitting your info then you need a new save which I have also provided.
For the PM hackless wifi method do I add those files to my SD card with PM installed? Because I did that and I'm getting an error message "WFC service has been discontinued. :("
I'll get back to you on this im making a tutorial vid this week.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
sorry if this has been answered before but for hackless pm do i only have to follow step 1.5?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Step 1 question? What FC exactly are you talking about and where can I find it? If its my Brawl FC, how do I find it when Wifi has been shut down? I can't go online and get it through my friends list.

ToonCake111

Smash Rookie
Another question, With Gecko, how do we add Keitaro's hack pack with the wimm server? I was told its different but they didn't tell me how to do it...

Chestosneakoinc

Smash Cadet
This doesn't make any sense. If the error code 23931 means the servers are down cause of Maintenance, then what does the error code 20100 suppose to mean?!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Step 1 question? What FC exactly are you talking about and where can I find it? If its my Brawl FC, how do I find it when Wifi has been shut down? I can't go online and get it through my friends list.
you cant unless you had it written down somewhere. if you have no way to figure out your fc you need a new brawl save, see step 1.5
sorry if this has been answered before but for hackless pm do i only have to follow step 1.5?
for hackless PM just use the hackless PM launcher in step 2 should work fine but i don't know much about PM unfortunately
Another question, With Gecko, how do we add Keitaro's hack pack with the wimm server? I was told its different but they didn't tell me how to do it...
to explain the whole process would go far beyond the scope of this guide, someone with that pack might have to step in here. ive provided instructions in step 2 as to how to add the wifi code to another hack set, but if it's more complicated than that i'm not sure what you'd have to do
have we found the solution to the 20100 error code yet?
This doesn't make any sense. If the error code 23931 means the servers are down cause of Maintenance, then what does the error code 20100 suppose to mean?!
disregard my question im now getting error 20100
i am not sure what this error means, you may have to ask wiimm himself. 20110 generally means that you need to re-do the wifi patching process, but 20100 i'm not sure about

Last edited:

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure error code 20100 means the server was down. I was getting the same code trying to play Mario Kart Wii earlier and when I went onto wiimmfi's website I wasn't able to load any of the webpages that show game server stats (for example, wiimmfi.de/error loaded fine but wiimmfi.de/stat did not).

Anyway, the main reason why I'm posting is because of the following homebrew utility:
http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board...erver-project-english/51831-wiipid-extractor/

From my understanding, that homebrew app will upload your pre-existing friendcode to the Wiimmfi servers so that you do not have to delete your pre-existing Brawl save data. I say "from my understanding" because I have not tested it yet, which also means I have no idea if it works with Smash Stack.

Last edited:

temp.larry

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure why you have linked the dwc_emulator/altwfc source repository under the 'Want to Help' section?
More people running (rather, attempting to run) the server software won't result in less latency as once the initial connection/s are established the game runs an almost entirely P2P session.

Also, that server software is completely unrelated to wiimmfi.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Just checked with wii-homebrew, 20100 is an internal server error, which means if you're getting it don't worry about it, it's not something on your end

mesikoko

Smash Cadet
NNID
vexcain
3DS FC
1075-1191-5811
Question, after Project M inevitably gets an update, will there be some way to manually get wifi back (Replacing a few files) or will we have to wait for a new download in the op?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Question, after Project M inevitably gets an update, will there be some way to manually get wifi back (Replacing a few files) or will we have to wait for a new download in the op?
That's something you'll have to ask the PM devs as im not affiliated with them. I did see one of them expressing an interest in the wifi code on KCMM so you might not have to worry at all. Either way I will provide the newest available PM wifi build at all times

Top Bottom