• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed thing on Diddy

Coffee™

I need it....
Dunno if anyone knows this but I've never seen it mentioned. Anytime Diddy throws a Banana and it hits Pit's shield, wheter it be Glide tossed forward, backward or simply throw normally Pit can Up B OoS from the ground and use a FF'd Fair to grab the Banana and possibly hit Diddy. It's particularly effective if Diddy Glide Tosses forward as the Wind Push from Up B pushes Diddy back enough that he "shouldn't" be able to follow up with anything. Haven't tested it with other aerials or looked at Diddy's options from this position really but with Fair it's 100% guaranteed that you'll grab the banana and I'm pretty sure Diddy can't hit you with anything afterwards.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I want vids of this to verify the use, instructions, and when to use this thing.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Very, very old. It is the same principle as when a banana hits a regular shield and you jump oos and air attach catch the nana. Or when MK just shields and Up-B's oos to punish a forward glide tossing Diddy. BTW, it is not guaranteed.

Coffee™

I need it....
this is old x_x
Never seen it mentioned and I don''t see any Pits doing it so I put it out there. If its that old Pit players should be using it more.

Or when MK just shields and Up-B's oos to punish a forward glide tossing Diddy. BTW, it is not guaranteed.
I'm not really talking about it using it to hit Diddy. What's guaranteed is actually catching the Banana, nothing else.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Z button next to a flying naner does wonders too...... Maybe something more creative and more beneficial to us is what we'll be needing. GL on the research of this, however.

Coffee™

I need it....
simply stated: if you're flashy, you're not smart.
It has nothing to do with being flashy. It has it's uses. It's not something you'll be using often but Up B OoS is not just a gimmick akin to arrow looping.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Alright kids, who cares how useful we each feel this is. What matters is it was brought to our attention and that we all now know it and, if we choose, we could utilize it. God, I hate useless arguments. Thanks for showing us this, R@vyn.

kown

Smash Lord
when i said this is the equivalence of arrow looping, i meant upb to fair (catch nana). not just upb from the ground.

@phaigne: okay? lol? u could say the same thing about arrow looping. It was brought to our attention. Some ppl chose to utilize it, and look how far back pits metagame became.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I do apply the same thing to arrow looping. I just want people to shut up about it. Who cares if some people see it as useless and some like to use it? It's all about how you want to play.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
This little trick is more useful than arrow looping IMO. I like it and its acctually pretty legit.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
WoI OoS to Fair can be used for laggy dash atack as well =)

Exemples:
Ike, Pit, Ness (?), DK, Marth.

I do that a lot. And it really works.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
WOI OOS is 2342394832x better then arrow looping and should never be compared again wtf lol....Like ravyn said ur not gonna do it A lot but its def helpful....has mindgames and up B to nair (or fair or bair) fast fall jab, grab, or UP b again wrks...

Top Bottom