• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Oaks Havoc tournament tracy, ca

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I forgot to mention that I got a new job, and although I haven't started yet I'll probably be working by the time this tournament rolls around (or worse, have work training all day on the day of the tournament). I know that I'm gonna be working weekends but I'm not sure what hours specifically. With any luck it'll be earlier in the morning though and I'll still be able to make it to the tournament around 1pm

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Idk andre, it seems like project $tyles doesn't like you very much. Every time you show up to a tournament he promptly leaves.

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
It's been a long time since I played Melee in a tourney lol lookin forward to it. Also Gravity Squeezin everything!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I actually got done with work training already so although i'll probably be working the day of the tournament there's about a 75% change that I'll still be able to go

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
get yo **** done on weekdays!

haha moon we'll team with you only if you use young ganon.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Man we need to do the Triforce challenge thing we were talking about at the CGC. How many stocks can people take off of the League of Bizzarro yet Stylish Geckos when friendly fire is off? :)

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Bizzarro u think u can rally the merced smashers. im not familiar with who is out there or if they kno its goin down in tracy in 2 1/2 weeks

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm pretty sure they know

bizz said something about the merced smashers giving midterm johns but hopefully some of them will pull through

but yeah

tafo/bizz/styles/69/gk crew

HAS TO HAPPEN

all our characters get blown up mad hard by fox though LOL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well i know they are good at it

but i'm just saying, purely matchup wise

we are all disadvantaged

that's why we need powers that go beyond physics

the powers of the triforce

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
I wana try my new format for crews. choknater and gk i mentioned this on the other thread but for everyone else this is how it goes.

Each crew has 3 players with 4 stock each. At least 3 matches will take place. What makes this format unique is that characters are selected at random within a tier. Tiers divided by low mid and top ( roughly 8 per tier$.

Starting off, a tier is randomly select by selecting a random character. Whatever tier that character is, thats the tier played first. This is not neccessarily the character anybody must use.
Next each crew selects a player.
Then both players select random until their token lands on the appropriate tier. After both sides have done this each player may choose to stay with that character or select random once more. They are stuck with what it lands on except the character they just changed from.
Stage is selected at random and each player can ban one stage.
After the match the winner keeps track of stock just like normal but both players switch out for two new crewmates after a new tier is selected in the same manner as before, excluding the tier just played. Character and stage select is the same. Play the match and repeat again with the last tier and last crewmates.
If one crew won all 3 matches its over. If not then the one remaining player must fight the remaining two rival players with the remaining stock that each player had at the end of their previous fight.
The tier is no longer selected randomly. The tier is determined based on what neither player has played yet. So if player A who won in low tier goes up against player B who won in mid tier, then the tier selected is top.
If the one remaining crewmate manages to win against both rivals his crew wins.

Another way i thought about doin this was if the players are chosen after the character select.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, that's so random

the problem with tier-based things is that tiers are completely arbitrary....

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Its still fun. And this way people cant say they lost cause a fox ***** their mewtwo. Also if players r selected after character at least the crews can pick a player that knows how to use them well. At least if the crew is wellrounded in the game

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Marvel vs capcom 3 has been confirmed. My friend jon will be running that. He should be posting info here soon

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
My friend gabe is bringin like 4 peeps from sunnyvale and some of my friends from pleasanton r comin

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I went over to smash with some people I'd never met before from Modesto (friends of a friend). I was told they all played melee but it was no real surprise to me when in fact they all played brawl. 2 of the guys did play melee however and were decent (had a little bit of techskill). I let them know about the tournament but I doubt they're gonna show lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wonder if this will be free money for me

or if i will even go

honestly i'm hoping for both

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
So is project styles gonna be there? If he is an I have to play him in tournament, I'm busting out the fox :D

Hero_Of_Time25

Smash Rookie
I will try to go but I live in stockton and never have been to tracy not sure how long the drive is lol will still think about going though if im not busy.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I think it's less than 20 you should go mang!

I'm mad hyped though, I'm putting in a lot of practice for this. I'll be here in full force, coming for that normal ice.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yo guys so

i think i'll most likely be coming to this

i'm in my illustration class right now and our current assignment is to do a flyer!

i'm thinking of doing one for this tourny hehe, i mean i might as well do a real event! haha.

could i do it, skeetbro? (as of right now i'm assuming i can hehe)

also so who's going for sure? moon? alan? project styles?

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Ya go for it. I was contimplating making one myself. send me the flyer when ur done and ill hand em out around tracy as well. U should include the address to the thread in small print or something like that.

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
Marvel vs Capcom 3

General Info:
$5 entry fee + $1 for venue
Prizes will be 60%, 25% and 15% respectively for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Tournament starts at 2
32 man max don't want it to be too big. Should be 2 set ups total.
PS3 only!

Rules
Standard 99 second match
Best 2 out of 3 with Double Elimination
Losers, Winners and Grand finals will be best 3 out of 5.
All characters are allowed
Loser can switch their team
Winner must keep the same team with the same assists
And no SIMPLE MODE

Additional info: Bring your own controller/stick. There will not be any spare controllers are sticks on site. Wireless controllers are allowed, and controller must be turned off when not in a match.

Pause during match will result in a forfeit the round IF its between players. Pauses caused by a wireless controller of someone NOT participating in the current match will be DQed.

Any other questions please contact me.

Top Bottom