• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Oaks Havoc tournament tracy, ca

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i am actually haha. i mean, i am way better at melee than i am at marvel

but that game is so beautiful and fun and new hahaha.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shoot this is nice and close to Livermore. :cool:

I might not be able to make it due to previous arrangements, but if I can, I am sure as hell going. Looks like a good time to me!

Ratherdashing93

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit new here but I think me and my friend will be going. It's great to find a melee tournament near Sacramento!

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone should come dressed up for halloween. Im gona go as link and my gf as nabooru. She totaly looks the part mite i say. Giggedy

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey johnknight. Even if u dont make it we should smash sometime. Im in livermore all the time.

Ya man no problem. I live off Portola, but my mom lives off Laughlin/Vasco.

But yeah I'm definitely coming unless s*** happens. The thing I was worried about was yesterday, so it's all good. :cool:

Plus it's the perfect break time inbetween my crap ton of tests. :awesome:

In December I plan on practically living at a tournament, especially once I teach my girlfriend how to actually play good Melee. She saw some Armada combo video and was all "o.O"

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Lol im training my gf too. She saw armada live at genesis 2 and is hooked.

I call a gf money match. No jk she'd hate the pressure

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL yeah that wouldn't be good because she can't even wavedash yet. She can L-cancel though.

But yeah, do you need more set ups=??? I might be able to bring a TV, and I could definitely bring my Gamecube and my Melee disc (although my Melee discs will freeze after the results screen every couple fights, but all ya gotta do is open and close the Gamecube and it runs fine until it does it again).

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
john knight yes please bring your setup. it doesnt matter if the game freezes during the result screen. iv actually encountered read errors often during menu screens and it usually works again the way you mentioned. btw my gf only knows how to wavedash while practicing it but hasnt yet implemented it into her fighting style. do u by any chance go to school at las positas college?

STILL IN BIG NEED OF SETUPS EVERYBODY!!!! if you cant bring a full setup please bring what you can: tv's, gamecubes/wii's, game discs, extension cords and multi-outlet cords, memory cards. i have two setups and a wii that could be used for a third setup, however i question the tournament quality of my tv's so they may be designated to free play.

choknater- huh? did you have a few typos or are you using a slang term in there somewhere er....just...huh?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
body - to kill, destroy
for free - easily, without effort
roni - the girl i want to marry

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
Lol u need to get up on ur terminology skeet, anyhow I'm pretty sure i can bring a full set up for MAAAAAAYLAAAAAAAY! The tv is pretty old, but it works fine and it's what i used to use for melee and its never given me problems before.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
So my car engine overheated and cracked. I no longer have a car. FML

In other news, I don't have work this weekend so if I can borrow a family member's car or get a ride with someone I'll definitely be there (with setups hopefully)

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Damnit. And there goes half our setups! Choknater can u hook him up with a ride. Its kinda critical haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sure, i might be able to.

nick: is there a possibility that i could crash at your house friday night? that way i guarantee you a ride and i am guaranteed practice + slightly less driving and gas (not having to go to modesto) + a place to rest + A TEAMMATE

that's a lot of plusses

i will go to modesto after the tournament as well, so you're on the way.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah that sounds really good. I wanna make sure I get enough sleep before the tournament though so lets not stay up quite so late playing friendlies this time rofl

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah i get you. this is our home turf, so if we get any visitors we need to beat them

WITH LOW TIER CHARACTERS

i wanna see you beat jesse hehe.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Man, I feel so unprepared for high tier characters now. Fox/ Falco/ Marth/ Sheik players will probably own my zelda. I'm definitely busting out the fox for this tournament for specific matchups (but i'll still go mostly zelda)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think for falco and marth you will do fine. falcon is more worrisome vs zelda than they are, especially if you play like me and just run up + shield.

just have confidence in your true main!!!!

pretty sure if you fox ditto someone in tournament you will get bodied! just being honest. stick with the wisdom :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
there you nick, see he's already nerfing himself.

(ah snap, i already revealed the unbeatable falcon vs zelda strategy...!)

but seriously

LOL

run up

shield

bait zelda's kick

uair

free

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
Matt... I'm callin u out lol we runnin sets in SSBM and DPPt! Havent battled in a long *** time haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
zac, i honestly have no idea. i'm just going for fun, free money (if u dont go) and the chance to play more marvel

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pretty sure me, you, and bizz all have the potential to beat him, even in his evolved state. just gotta believe. even if we all lose, it'd be a cool opportunity to get better vs him, and fox in general

if he doesn't come, then it's fair game between me you and bizz!! GET HYPE!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Oh, sounds good. What tournament?

edit: yeah i do need to change my avatar. I've had this one for too long lol

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
How bout another zelda kick. Like a zelda high foot five
Sfat. There are about 10 to 12 of my friends coming from tracy, livermore , dublin, pleasanton, etc. Bout half are comin for friendlies and half are comin to compete. Another 4 r coming late around 5 or 6.

Top Bottom