• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Oaks Havoc tournament tracy, ca

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Gkinfinity or choknater. Can one of you bring a laptop for running the brackets? My roommate has a laptop but doesnt have anything to run brackets on... At least conveniently. Also will u guys be able to make it by 10 to set up and discuss who will be taking signups, placing players in brackets, announcing matches, and any other random other tournament tasks

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes

we gotchu

i always feel a certain pride repping my own region so i'll definitely help TOing

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Gkinfinity or choknater. Can one of you bring a laptop for running the brackets? My roommate has a laptop but doesnt have anything to run brackets on... At least conveniently. Also will u guys be able to make it by 10 to set up and discuss who will be taking signups, placing players in brackets, announcing matches, and any other random other tournament tasks

Yeah i always bring my laptop for recording/tio. We'll definitely help you out

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
we got this

aaaa f***en r***

DUDE, THAT'S ****!!

i just called project $tylez on the phone, seems ilke he's pretty hyped too. he's really good at the ic's matchup and he said he's excited to play garlen again as well as get farther in the bracket than choknater

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
john knight yes please bring your setup. it doesnt matter if the game freezes during the result screen. iv actually encountered read errors often during menu screens and it usually works again the way you mentioned. btw my gf only knows how to wavedash while practicing it but hasnt yet implemented it into her fighting style. do u by any chance go to school at las positas college?
Yeah it's not too bad. You just need to open it and close it. I'm going to clean it with toothpaste tonight so it doesn't do it as much, or even at all.

I'll bring my multiple outlet cord too. I can't find my two little mini TVs, sadly. I'll check my mom's house for them.
I probably left them in my family's trailer.

The only one I have is broken, or HD ones that lag like hell.

Yeah I've been going to Las Positas since like... Fall 09.

Also, anyone wanna have some low-tier friendlies against my Ness for the lulz=???

Maybe we can get some crap tier friendly action going at some point... :troll:

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Haha did u see any of the plays! I was in them. My names matt hofstad. I have a feelin i kno u. Hang out in the cafeteria much.
Aldo dont use toothpaste. That ruins em. I got disc cleaner ill fix it tomorrow.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Haha did u see any of the plays! I was in them. My names matt hofstad. I have a feelin i kno u. Hang out in the cafeteria much.
Aldo dont use toothpaste. That ruins em. I got disc cleaner ill fix it tomorrow.
LOL the cafeteria. If you hang out in the cafeteria, I'm pretty sure someone has ***** you by now. :laugh: :chuckle:

But yeah, I go there occasionally. My girlfriend goes there a bit more often than I do. Her name is Marisol.

Did I see you at the Melee tournament there a year back=??? I believe Oni held it (if you know him, which if you've seen him, you know him).

But yeah, I go by John not so mysteriously... >.<

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Doors open at 10 tomorrow. Anybody with a 3ds bring one for streetpass. Also anybody down for first or forth gen pokemon battle let me kno

Johnknight Lol ya i kno oni. I remember that tourny altho i didnt go. Ya cafeteria peeps r weird but u can always geek out with em. I used to bring my setup in the cafeteria and play.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nick and i will be on our way soon

edit:

1. Bizzarro Flame (Ganondorf)
2. choknater/Project $tylez (Ice Climbers, Young Link, Falco)
3. Armand (Marth)
4. 69% (Link)
5. STK (Game $ Watch, Fox)

lol. idk the rest

i had a good time... i just hope that they don't make another crazy vid of jason calling me free again LMAO

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! Had an awesome time! First off!!!! Has anybody found my ocarina of time 3ds cartridge? Its small and grey and i dropped it on the ground.

Congrats bizarro flame, choknater and armand.
Shoutouts and comments later. I ate now must sleep.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Thanks for hosting SSB.

Great matches chok. our ironman matches were so fun... and my puff was so free haha

Armand: you have a unique marth. keep at it and work on the ganon match-up.

69%: I got your back.

STK & GKLL: Great work guys

Mr. Yaah & GK Infinity: Sevens Forever!!!

The rest: thanks for coming. i wanted to play against everyone, but i got caught up playing with choknater... this guy is too fun to play with, be it tournament, friendlies, or even ironman matches

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah i agree haha. your 0-death and flashy moves style is really something else. but after the tournament nick and i ended up hanging with a few of the new people (johnknight, skeet bro, danielle, brock, patrick) and if i go there again i'll be interested in teaching the nubs a thing or 2 about smash bros melee

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah man haha. tracy/pleasanton coming into the spotlight!

i mean with cgc's gone, it's so great to have a tournament series like this rise up. shoutouts to skeet bro for not giving up

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
GG. Hopefully we can get an actual MvC3 tourney going. Fun times. I'll try to post the full results/bracket when I get a chance.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
are u the dude behind the laptop?

yeah i'm down for more mvc3

def need more setups next time haha

and even if its a few people, let's just run the tourny anyway! or at least a round robin/swiss or something, to keep things interesting

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
Yea, i was runnin the brackets. Was gonna do a Winner take all tourney but 5 entrants didn't really feel worth it. Forgot where you're from chok, if it's pretty close to Tracy I'm down to play some friendlies sometime for either game.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well i go to modesto on the weekends, my family lives there. however i'm currently living in alameda (close to oakland) for school and probably even afterwards. i'm gonna be there for a while haha.

pleasanton/livermore/tracy are not bad drives at all though, but probably can't go very much for just casuals and stuff :C

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
Also, ONE PIECE FTMFW! lol and anyone have an idea of when the videos will be posted? if they are can i get a link plz

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Ya guys that sounds good! Like i said before january is prolly the earliest i can host again but just about any day off i can have people come out to my house and get some friendlies. Im home all today in fact if anybody is up for it lol.
Btw found my game!

Choknater amd gkinfinity- thnx for all ur help promoting, bringin setups, recording matches etc. If it werent for u guys this prolly woulda flopped like last time and id never do ir again haha. So thnx. Congrats chok and thnx for the friendlies gk. They were prolly the funnest i had that day.

Mrtakeiteasy- so close.... So close. GG

Armand- nice job dude. Wish we coulda played. I was surprised to see u in the finals. Not based on what id seen but what i hadnt. Hope to see you and danielle soon. ( btw for anyone reading, his gf danielle is different from my gf danielle)

Bizarro flame- congrats dude. Sorry for the random seeding but take a look at the top 7. Everything worked out exactly as should have...... Waits for backlash posts about who is better than who lol.

Foxmccrack aka mosstah- thnx for helpin me run brackets and bringin the old crew. Since they stopped playin i havent been able to get any good practice.

Thnx again to everyone for coming. Be ready for the next one! Foxmccrack shoild have full results up soon and hopefully gkinfinity will have some vids for us.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well, for the first in a tournament series in a long while, the random seeding actually does make sense to me now. but if there is a GOH 4, at least give me and bizzarro seeds since we took top 2 at this tourny. as well as armand if he comes back.

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
NP. Thanks for the link. I got a friend in Alameda who plays, he's more competitive in the more traditional fighters. He's one of the top SF/MvC3 players in norcal. So if I'm ever up there and you wanna get some casuals and stuff going that'd be cool. What's ur PSN, we can play online if you want haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
whoa sick haha!

i actually don't even have the game mvc3 LOL i just play a lot whenever i get my hands on it

i'm suuuper down for casuals though. who is the top player that lives in alameda??!?

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Bizarro flame- congrats dude. Sorry for the random seeding but take a look at the top 7. Everything worked out exactly as should have...... Waits for backlash posts about who is better than who lol.
nah you don't have to apologize to me. it's just that my friend, Mr. Yaah, was so excited to play GK Infinity because he only played one person out of four (i think it was you) who was not from merced. but then he felt bad because he had to play STK instead whom he faced for the 10th time in a tournament.

otherwise, the result is pretty accurate. thanks for hosting again, and hopefully we'll see each other soon.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Thanks for hosting the tournament Matt, it turned out to be pretty legit. The venue was really nice, there were plenty of setups, the turnout was good... etc etc. We should definitely have another one in january.

I'd definitely be down to smash with any of the people that I met at the tournament too, but I'm pretty busy with work and school, not to mention the fact that my car's broken down now. I'll post here to let you guys know if I'm ever able to drive over for some smash though

Youtube vids will probably go up over the next 2 weeks. There's no commentary this time so honestly it should all be done by this weekend, but it all depends on my internet. I queue up videos overnight usually, and if my internet dies at some point all the videos in the queue that weren't fully uploaded are cancelled.

Shoutouts (haven't done this in a while)-

The Bizz - I got wrecked this time around, and even though I was playing really badly, I can tell that you still would've 2-0ed me even if I was playing at my best. You looked really on point at the tournament. Keep improving man, it'd be great to see you climb the ranks in Norcal and show everyone there's still some **** players in the 209.

Chokdre - Even though I kinda regret staying up so late playing friendlies before the tournament, it was extremely fun. Thanks again for the ride and practice. Too bad we didn't get to team though, I was looking forward to it.

STK - You seem like you improve a lot every time I play against you. Good job making it so far into the bracket with G&W (even though you used other characters too haha)

Mr. Yaah - It was too bad we didn't get to play in tournament, but our friendlies were still fun. You're fox is pretty good. Definitely 100 times more technical than mine. Reverse short hop double lasers all day sonnnnnnnnnnn

JoeMang - GGs at the tournament. Also, i just watched part of a set you had against bizz on youtube and it was pretty damn amazing. I'm liking those flashy spin attacks onto the ledge

Mr. Take it Easy - I'm still raging over losing to your roy lol

Jake (assuming you read this)- Idk how you did in the bracket but you're one of the better people I played against. It'd be cool to get some friendlies in against you whenever I happen to be free

Skeetbro - Our friendlies were pretty fun. Some pretty crazy stuff happened in some of those, and I liked that game we had on mute city. I miss that stage

FoxMcCrack - GGs man. I'm salty over losing to you, but it's okay because I'll beat you next time TROLOLOLOLOL. But seriously your luigi is pretty good. I think it's personally my worst matchup so it'd be cool to smash with you some time so I can sort of figure it out. I play a bit of mvc3 too although I'm kinda rusty atm. Oh, and try to get that bracket uploaded if you can so i can get the descriptions right for the video uploads.

Johnknight, Danielle, the samus main I played in tournament (who's name I can't remember right now), and all the other people I played against/ other people I know - GGs

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
I keep wondering which danielle everyone is talkin bout mine or armands lol. For the record mine is the half mexican chick and armands was dressed in green

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I was talking about your Danielle. Unfortunately I didn't get to play armand or his girlfriend. I really wanted to play Armand because the marth matchup is one of the only matchups I ever practice.

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
@ Chok: LPN, he's prolly like the best Bison in norcal, but he plays like every character in every game so good to learn different matchups from him.
@ GK: Wouldn't mind some rematches haha, tbh my Luigi is pretty rusty, I'm passed my prime in SSBM haha. The Luigi match up is pretty weird. Playing against Zelda pretty weird too tho haha gotta play kinda patient so I dont eat f/bair

FoxMcCrack

Smash Cadet
Results according to tio is as follows:
1. BizzarroFlame
2. Choknator
3. Armand
4. 69%
5. GKL
5. STK
7. Mossta
7: Jake
9: GK Infinity
9: MrTakeItEasy
9: DirtyHumans
9: MrYaaah
13: Duckey
13: JRock
13: Nu-Neo
13: DTR
17: JohnKnight1
17: SuperSkeetBro
17:Charizard
17: Felix
17: Zeek
17: Kevin
GGs everyone, hopefully we can get another one soon!

Top Bottom