• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great tip for Luigi's Mansion.

NDS

Smash Rookie
Apparently, this has discovered. But this place is obviously filled with its fair share of ignorance *** bad kids who jump at the chance of a quick post count +1 by skimming through a post, and illustrating their ignorance through their posts.

So, for the dumb *** kids who simply were not able to read my whole post, make sure you at least read the next sentence next time, as I specifically included this note at the end of my post at the time I created it:

"* Please excuse me if this has already been discovered. I have personally not noticed this idea being brought up, so I assure you my intentions are only to help fellow DK users.".

Now, on to this little mini-guide, because I'm sure there were newcomers to DK who may not have known this;

While this tip will not guarantee a victory, it can indeed help out a lot during a match. When on the bottom-most level of Luigi's Mansion, simply down-b people trying to approach.

They will be knocked up (no, not that kind of "knocked up"...) into the ceiling, bounce off, hit the ground, and repeat. If you're lucky, you will get them about 3-4 times in a row with this move.

There are a few advantages to this:

1. Your opponent will be scared to approach you as long as you are in that area
2. You will cause a lot of damage to them very quickly, ultimately increasing their chances of being KO'd
3. Potential combo set-up

Having problems? Well, don't rely on that area by camping it 100% of the match. Remember that you have other areas of the Mansion to avoid pressure, such as projectiles. This is best used as a surprise attack. It's valuable, so don't try not to become predictable.

Moves that can lead up to this move, resulting in a combo:

1. Dthrow to downb
2. Sideb to downb (even more damage)
3. dtilt to downb

* Feel free to include this in any DK guide that is posted on this board.
* Please excuse me if this has already been discovered. I have personally not noticed this idea being brought up, so I assure you my intentions are only to help fellow DK users.

D0N

Smash Ace
Thanks for attempting to help, and even going out of your way to put up a picture, but im afraid this is known by many already.

daisho

Smash Lord
Sorry but this is already known. And also, you should try U throwing to down b. And this stage is usually banned.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
hey welcome to the DK boards. yes this is known but its great that you are contributing. why not go throught the metagame thread and help us out there with any little things (or big things) you do as DK.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
old idea is old

btw for those who are unaware, opponents can tech the ceiling when they hit it and punish in the air, so its really not as good as it sounds. besides, LM is already a better stage for some of DK's already hard matchups like MK and Olimar

i1337

Smash Ace
SRY BUT DIS IS OLD BCIDES U CAN TEK NAO U GTFO DK k

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░░░ ░░░█████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░██░░ ░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░█░ ░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░ █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░█░ █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░█░ █░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████░░░░██░░ █░░░░░░░░░░░██▓░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░░░ █░░░░░░░░░░░█▓▓░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░░░░░░░░█▓░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░█░░░░░░░░░██▓░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░██░░░░░░░██▓░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

lol :p

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
the guy only has 2 post his new to the boards cut him a break...

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
DK may be like the third best on this stage behind MK (unless you constantly punish with SA punches) and Olimar since aerials approaches and teching can somewhat ruin this tactic. Good stuff though; nothing better than an easy 50% to put people in KO range a few seconds into the match.

You can also Up-B brake too if you manage to hit at least two walls; I think you just mash Up-B after you richochet a couple of times.

Top Bottom