• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gravitational Pull

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
So did anybody learn anything special about this move.

Like somethings I wanted to know is what happens when she does it near pikachu's down b (thunder)? Or what happens when she does it in front of Megaman's forward smash (charged shot). Or Olimar's pikman toss. Does she suck them in and make them disappear like any other projectile.

Here's what I know that I bet you guys didn't find out. XD

When rosalina does her down b near a lot of projectiles, they circle around her forming a barrier of sort that actually protect you and damage opponent's. I did this a small distance away and below a staryu and it looked freaking amazing and all shots hit the person below me. It also brought 2 items near me

2nd thing. I'm not 100% sure about this one because I did it without realizing but realized it later when I got back in line before they shut off the demo :(. When she does Gravitational Pull somewhat away from the ledge I think it actually increases the magnet for her to grab the ledge. I was pretty far away from the ledge when I did it and I was like wtf just happened. I tried looking at the stream but my matches weren't recorded.

I had a match where I pulled of an infinite for her but its not in the stream video :(......Really freaking sad :(. I yelled infinite and no one cared. XD

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately most gameplay videos I saw of her had the player randomly using it in the air away from items, and then never using it when it would be logical to use it. Jeez...

Anyways great findings, I look forward to practicing and uncovering everything that move has to offer. Also having it double up as a force field is awesome, I can't wait to use that to my advantage, though I must ask:

Did you KO anyone by deflecting a projectile? If you did, did it count as your kill to the original shooter's kill?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Unfortunately most gameplay videos I saw of her had the player randomly using it in the air away from items, and then never using it when it would be logical to use it. Jeez...

Anyways great findings, I look forward to practicing and uncovering everything that move has to offer. Also having it double up as a force field is awesome, I can't wait to use that to my advantage, though I must ask:

Did you KO anyone by deflecting a projectile? If you did, did it count as your kill to the original shooter's kill?
Unfortunately, I did not K.O. anyone by using the down b to hit someone with the shot. If they died is what by other means.

I've just been wondering about the 2nd thing I said about Rosalina's Down-B. If anyone discovered something similar. Her being able to latch onto the ledge from a distance like what happened to me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty sure that Gravitational Pull would render most projectile games ineffective. That'll basically force projectile gamers to have to attack Rosalina directly, instead of attacking from a distance.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Having a reflector doesn't always make projectile games useless. In practice I don't think a Rosalina player is going to react to every projectile with down b. Even then, there's a period of time where the move isn't responding to projectiles anymore, but she's still in lag so she can get hit. The same thing happens with other characters that have tools for getting rid of projectiles. I could be wrong though.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm looking forward for this move! The Staryu thing is amazing! There are so much tings we still need to learn about this move!

Also, I wonder what the custom movesets will change for this move... It's a very unique one

Top Bottom