• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphix Gaming 7 (MD) - 3/5/11 - Thumbs, Vist, CK (vids coming soon)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Graphix Gaming Thread

SINGLES:
1. Thumbs (Captain Falcon)
2. Vist (Luigi)
3. CK (Fox)
4. Winston (Marth/Luigi)
5. The Boy Who Cried LAG aka Chival Ruse (Ice Climbers)
5. Wenbobular (Captain Falcon)
7. ScrapMettle (Marth)
7. UltimaScout (Link/Marth)
9. Bones (Falco)
9. DJ (Marth/Samus)
9. Mahone (Jigglypuff/Falco)
9. Wenz (Dr. Mario, Fox, Luigi)
13. MooseEatsBear (Falco)
13. Nil (Fox)

CREW BATTLE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCLNhX8mv0

BigWenz

Smash Ace
yo fun tourny. crew battle was alotta fun. i like the idea that for smaller tournies all matches are 3/5. i think more people should do this. however for teams bones if ur gonna do 3/5 brinstar and cruise have to be legal just for banning purposes since theirs not enough stages to really do it. for singles its fine cause u have pokemon and kongo still legal and 5 neutrals. but 5 neutrals and 1 CP doesnt really work for 3/5. teh

also technically speaking i went fox/doc/luigi haha but if ur only counting matches i won then only doc is correct.

Bones0

Smash Legend
yo fun tourny. crew battle was alotta fun. i like the idea that for smaller tournies all matches are 3/5. i think more people should do this. however for teams bones if ur gonna do 3/5 brinstar and cruise have to be legal just for banning purposes since theirs not enough stages to really do it. for singles its fine cause u have pokemon and kongo still legal and 5 neutrals. but 5 neutrals and 1 CP doesnt really work for 3/5. teh

also technically speaking i went fox/doc/luigi haha but if ur only counting matches i won then only doc is correct.
Actually, KJ wasn't legal for singles. You're definitely right though, I can't believe I didn't realize when I was going over stage striking in my head that players would have to basically CP themselves for game 3... my bad. I will probably use these stages next tourney:

SINGLES
- BF
- DL
- FD
- FoD
- YS
- KJ (counterpick)
- PS (counterpick)

DOUBLES
- BF
- DL
- FD
- PS
- YS
- KJ (counterpick)
- Brinstar (counterpick)
- RC (counterpick)

Might as well get rid of Brinstar and RC and just say no bans, but I'm sure that's too radical of a change for people to wrap their minds around, but w/e it will end up the same. lol

You should announce non-standard stuff you're doing next time ~_~
It wouldn't have been an issue if everyone else would just realize that my ruleset is clearly superior and should be standardized. :awesome: But yeah, I'll make sure people know next time. (lol @ pounding cause you thought you won then you lose 2 more games; disappointed you had to go beast mode and 3-stock me the last game though XD)

No other results...? Like Doubles or Crews?
I can't add the Doubles RR bracket because people didn't fill in some of it, and I don't know what the placings were beyond 1st and 2nd. Crews I just didn't keep track of. Why do you care? You didn't even get to play! >:O (dat teams Ganon though; jeez)

ScrapMettle beat Mahone? Man ...
Mahone went Falco... and HE CAN'T EVEN FF HIS SHed LASERS...

HOW CAN YOU BE THAT BAD, MAHONE? HOW?!?!

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Crews results (not really sure how to format, but here it is):

Wenbo :fox: (4 stock) vs. :fox: Nil (4 stock)
Wenbo :fox: (3 stock) vs. :jigglypuff: Mahone (4 stock)
Vist :luigi: (4 stock) vs. :jigglypuff: Mahone (2 stock)
Vist :luigi: (4 stock) vs. :falcon: Thumbs (4 stock)
Winston :marth: (4 stock) vs. :falcon: Thumbs (2 stock)
Winston :marth: (3 stock) vs. CK :marth: (4 stock) (god damnit)
Bones :falco: 4 stock) vs. CK :marth: (3 stock)
Scrap Mettle :marth: (4 stock) vs. CK :marth: (2 stock)
Drug :fox: (4 stock) vs. CK :marth: (1 stock)
Drug :fox: (4 stock) vs. Chivalruse :popo: (4 stock)
Drug :fox: (1 stock) vs. BigWenz :fox: (4 stock)
Quinn :falcon: (4 stock) vs. BigWenz :fox: (3 stock)
DJ :marth: (4 stock) vs. BigWenz :fox: (1 stock)
DJ :marth: (4 stock) vs. MooseEatsBear :falco: (4 stock)
DJ :marth: (1 stock) vs. CTL :jigglypuff: (4 stock)

uhh, CTL wins with some amount of stock left (I think 3).

BigWenz

Smash Ace
crews results was easy. CK ***** with marth. the end. lol but moose has the entire list so whenever he uploads the crew battle ull find out then.

edit: what winston put up was correct. CTL wins with 3 stocks left. and lol at the CK vs Winston line of dat results.

Nilhil

Smash Rookie
Even though I spent the better part of 9 hours being anally violated, I had a pretty good time. Everyone was really informative and helpful with advice; I didn't pick it all up, but I did learn plenty of essentials that didn't make much sense to me before, like DI and crouch cancel. Applying them is a different story of course... I'm feeling much more motivated to practice my skills when I have the time. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Even though I spent the better part of 9 hours being anally violated, I had a pretty good time. Everyone was really informative and helpful with advice; I didn't pick it all up, but I did learn plenty of essentials that didn't make much sense to me before, like DI and crouch cancel. Applying them is a different story of course... I'm feeling much more motivated to practice my skills when I have the time. Thanks for the tips everyone.
Lol'd. Ahhh I remember those days. They last a good while. T_____T

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Man, crews make me so nervous when everyone is watching, but it's definitely a ton of fun, especially with trash talking.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Still think you should have went in as Sheik against CK. It couldn't have been any worse than me getting gimped 4 times while he camped the ledge... >_>

kidneybeans

Smash Apprentice
Brown shirt! The anchor gets the most pressure in crews. Everything is up to that person. EVERYTHING.
For some reason I was laughing at the first statement, and my officemate asked what was funny, and now he's officially going to start calling me brown shirt kid.

Top Bottom