• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Traverse Smash - June 25th Traverse City, MI

rsr2

Smash Lord
(Worklng on a banner >_>)

Welcome everyone to the new smash tournament Grand Traverse Smash. This is my first tournament myself and my friend John is hosting and we hope to host more. The venue is nice enough to let us use the back room so we will be separated from the store and also if you are in to Magic the Gathering, there is a major tournament going on just outside in the store. Also, the store closes before 11 so that limits us time so there might not be a doubles tournament. Sorry for the problem.

Location and Contact Info

Grand Traverse Mall
3200 South Airport Road West
Traverse City, Michigan, United States

Contact info
rsr2/Randall - 231-258-7828 (Calls only)
John - 231-350-3933 (Texts only)

Times:
10:00am - 11:30am - Registration
Noon - Singles Play Begins

People can decide a side event that can be played if there is time left.. More than likely it will be doubles but it needs to be done before 11pm because that is when the venue closes.

PRICES AND PAYOUTS

Venue Fee - $5*
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $10 per person (If it Happens)
*Venue fee will be refunded to anyone bringing a full setup who stays for the entire event. A full setup is a TV and a Wii with a copy of Brawl with all characters and legal stages unlocked.

Payouts will be:
Singles, >= 15 people
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Singles, < 15 people
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Doubles (If it happens)
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

THE RULESET

We will be running the Unity Ruleset ver 1.2 please click the link below for more info.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

There are a couple simple rules that the venue asks.

1. Please pick up after yourself. You are in a mall and there are many food places to eat at. (Buffalo Wild Wings really close to the venue but not in the mall ) You are allowed to bring food in but please pick up after yourselves.
2. Be kind. It's not hard to do :p
Simple enough right?

The tournament organizers and the venue are not liable for anything stolen so please take care of your things and watch them. I will do my best for this not to happen but take care of your things.

Housing Info:

I am renting out a room at the Grand Traverse Resort and I can get 5-6 People to stay in the room. If you are staying contact me. If you like, there is a Comic Book Convention going on the next day after the tournament and it's $10 to get and have a good time. I went last year and it was a blast.

I am also trying to find a couple people that can house anyone coming up as well. If I have to, I can house a couple people but it's 25 minutes away from the venue. Which I can house 3-4. But I will keep everyone updated.

Sorry for this being late. I had everything posted on Allisbrawl and I planned on putting it on here last week. Problem was that my internet died and I recently got it back. So sorry for posting the info late.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I approve of Northern MI trying to get something going.

11 days before the tournament though..needs more time to be properly advertised.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yeah I know, like I said, I talked to Ori for help at the end of May but then my internet died and I just got it back a couple days ago.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I want to come RSR2 but I have 2 grad partys of my best friends this weekend and I found out about them while I was in Cincinnati so I have to pass sadly maybe the next one?

rsr2

Smash Lord
No problem. We do plan on having another tournament sometime next month. (This time it will be on here way earlier in advanced :p)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hope this works out regardless. More than likely not adding this to the PR thread however. Depends on who shows up. Too bad 90% of our scene is Metro Detroit...:(

:phone:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Thanks man appreciate it. I hope to get a majority of the locals here but haven't heard a word from my friend about who he knows is showing up. But thanks again :D

Top Bottom