• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand OTL Tournament! GRAND FINALS! DABUZ WINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Awesome stuff Holy. It will finish.

Long time no see Pro. How ya been?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I have a feeling a lot of the people that entered are casual/bad players. A lot of them are 1 posters, and to get this many people so fast?
o__o

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I've returned!
I submit a request to Glyph.
Now we play the waiting game....

Hmm, so how are we going to decide over who goes in which bracket?
I thought it would all be random, besides the top 10 seeded players of course. We'll need to discuss that this weekend or something
This tourney is better finish unlike the other one I never got my wii points.

Sign me and Ally up, fc is the same obviously since we're brothers.

HolyNightmare - Holy(R.O.B) - 3609 0908 8206
Ally - Ally(Snake) -3609 0908 8206
Don't worry, there is 6 of of, and this is the biggest tournament OTL has ever. This will succeed and you will get your Wii points, assuming you win of course ;)
Ally and HolyNightmare are bros? Wow, what a **** family. Someone beat them!
Shocked me when I found out too xD

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I wonder how many people were attracted by the huge amount of money, haha.

I couldn't care less about that, I'm just using this as a chance to make my title "Random Ike Guy".

Still, 128 man tourney should be nifty, can't wait.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I declare a meeting on Saturday. Grand tourney directors only :evil:

Barge

Aim.........
OR, we can just have a private xat chat. Easier and quicker.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I bet Zeon is busy with offline tourneys, or other things lol
Oh well, his loss :ohwell:

And I don't have Aim....
Well, actually I do, but I never use it, and I forgot the password....
I don't even know if I need a password....
Xats chat works for me

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Not for me xD
It's actually better than usual xD

Barge

Well it's better now, it was taking forever to load pages all day for me

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
This tourney is better finish unlike the other one I never got my wii points.

Sign me and Ally up, fc is the same obviously since we're brothers.

HolyNightmare - Holy(R.O.B) - 3609 0908 8206
Ally - Ally(Snake) -3609 0908 8206
wow seriously??

screw you guys, whyd you have to ruin my life

:urg:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
We should have 128 people by tomorrow =D

Still so much preparation ahead, but I'm ready =D

Hyper-Marth

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling a lot of the people that entered are casual/bad players. A lot of them are 1 posters, and to get this many people so fast?
o__o

xD.... now now i may have a small amount of posts but i've played a good amount of smash bros at LAN party tournies. I've been a member since Sep 2008 i just never ended up using the site like i do now.

i just need to get used to online delay, speaking of which how are you guys planning on handling lag for this massive tourny?

Hey Hot ArmS are you going to be at the tourny at EMU?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I find myself searching for a new character to use for some reason.
I can't get over the fact that all of the characters that I regularly use are not high on the tier list. Peach being the highest.

I usually don't like to go by the list, but high tier seems to be the way to go. But I feel so lost xD

I gave up on IC's btw lol

But I did some searching and wrote down a few things, and I came up with the conclusion that of all the "Higher tiered characters" I enjoy using Dedede, Falco (Sort of) and Diddy.
I tried Diddy before but he is so difficult online unfortunately....

But I also feel like I should just stick with the Characters I use now and try to get better with them. I'm losing faith in my Luigi, he feels so.... limited now (<-- Best explanation I got right now xD). But I feel that my Peach can become beastly if I work at it.

Zelda and Jiggz are just for fun xD

But even after all this, I still feel like I should at least pick up one of those 3 "High tier characters" as a secondary to handle the match ups that Peach has trouble with.

I don't expect anyone to help me with this, I just felt like typing out my dilemma =D

Hyper-Marth

Smash Cadet
I can't get over the fact that all of the characters that I regularly use are not high on the tier list. Peach being the highest.

I usually don't like to go by the list, but high tier seems to be the way to go. But I feel so lost xD

But I did some searching and wrote down a few things, and I came up with the conclusion that of all the "Higher tiered characters" I enjoy using Dedede, Falco (Sort of) and Diddy.

But I also feel like I should just stick with the Characters I use now and try to get better with them. I'm losing faith in my Luigi, he feels so.... limited now (<-- Best explanation I got right now xD). But I feel that my Peach can become beastly if I work at it.

But even after all this, I still feel like I should at least pick up one of those 3 "High tier characters" as a secondary to handle the match ups that Peach has trouble with.

I don't expect anyone to help me with this, I just felt like typing out my dilemma =D
Hmmm, well you could just try a highish-tiered character and maybe try and discover something new with them. Olimar is pretty promising as long as you can avoid being gimped on your recovery... although that's kinda hard i guess :p. Mess around with b-sticking and some random button setups and possible combos :p, i'm sure you already do that when you're testing people though. I've just kind of always used Marth since melee and all of my online nicknames have to do with Marth so i forced myself to get good with him and i don't really play like a lot of other marths according to Irsic, i always played with my friends and at backwater LAN parties where the other people weren't all that good so i got some nice goodies for my computer hehehe. I know what you mean though, i'm having trouble finding a second character, i kind of like Zero Suit but i'm having trouble getting things to flow like they do when i play Marth.

I suppose i was lucky that the character i ended up getting used to the most was pretty high up, i'm not against tiers but i think anybody can be faked out by mindgames if you know what you're doing regardless of who you pick. Maybe i should just take a psycology class or two :p

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

:metaknight: .

fedex14

Smash Rookie
can the price be in like... paypal money or st? cause wii points are kinda useless... **wink**
even though there won't be winner here lol

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
can the price be in like... paypal money or st? cause wii points are kinda useless... **wink**
even though there won't be winner here lol
Of course Sir. If you could just send your bank account details to nigeran_scammer@fraudster.com, I'm sure we can sort something out.

Also, there will be a winner. By beating other combatants in the bracket and winning the final, you will be declared the winner.

You're not going to win this one though, I can assure you.

:017:

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.

I usually don't like to go by the list, but high tier seems to be the way to go. But I feel so lost
But I also feel like I should just stick with the Characters I use now and try to get better with them. I'm losing faith in my Luigi, he feels so.... limited now (<-- Best explanation I got
Learn to Buffer and crawldash makes Luigi more fun and better.
Although its harder online. <.<

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i think SamusBrawler should go back to his old main
:lucario: lmao

lol but srly
if you really want to be good with luigi then practice Buffer and crawldash
Yes it may be harder to do on wifi but it isn't impossible
Alot of people tend to give up when someone else says"it's hard to do on wifi"
really just needs experience and multiple attempts