• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Release to Spike Against Thirteen Characters (Including MetaKnight AND Snake!)

D

Deleted member

And unless hes dumb or caught off guard, he can jump, cypher, escape. He airdodges the rising fair.

Chaco

Never Logs In
the Spike Or Grab Depends On The Luck Of Rps Between The Players. Snake Can Evade Everything Yoshi Does, If He Is Competent Enough To Know What To Do In The Given Situation.
Qft

________

bigman40

Smash Master
How about we start this list with the characters we KNOW that CANNOT get out of it? We were fine there until we started getting into some of the harder CGs.

Mmac

Smash Lord
How about we start this list with the characters we KNOW that CANNOT get out of it? We were fine there until we started getting into some of the harder CGs.
Uh... Wrong thread I think.

Also, I think I found an universal, but slightly more complexed, tactic to make Snake more vulnerable. Early testing seems to work just fine.

Just SH Full Horizontal Egg to break the initial Cypher or Double Jump to take away the momentum, then follow it up with an Fair on Low%'s, or Nair for the Kill. Does work with the Backwards jump too. I'll get a video on it

J4pu

Smash Champion
Uh... Wrong thread I think.

Also, I think I found an universal, but slightly more complexed, tactic to make Snake more vulnerable. Early testing seems to work just fine.

Just SH Full Horizontal Egg to break the initial Cypher or Double Jump to take away the momentum, then follow it up with an Fair on Low%'s, or Nair for the Kill. Does work with the Backwards jump too. I'll get a video on it
Dang that's actually a really good idea, do yoshi's normally use it to edge-guard? sounds like it would be somewhat effective against all characters that don't like being off stage, I mean obviously don't use it against MK but if Ike is trying to come back from the side this would give him a large obstacle and possibly make him fail his recovery all-together. Afterwards you still have a huge DJ with super armor and then even more UpB's so your recovery shouldn't be an issue unless you get foot-stool'ed.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Dang that's actually a really good idea, do yoshi's normally use it to edge-guard? sounds like it would be somewhat effective against all characters that don't like being off stage, I mean obviously don't use it against MK but if Ike is trying to come back from the side this would give him a large obstacle and possibly make him fail his recovery all-together. Afterwards you still have a huge DJ with super armor and then even more UpB's so your recovery shouldn't be an issue unless you get foot-stool'ed.
Could work, maybe. I'm not sure about Link, or someone similar because the have a lower flight patch on release. I'll probably test this more tomorrow. I think it will only work on Snake though, because his Recovery is linear and stiff

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Lucas: From Release, you can Short Hop Dair him, which is inescapeable. He will have a Tough UpB back to the stage though, which is still quite possible to do

*Update* Turns out it's not escapeable :( . Still effective though

You crossed out the part saying it's inescapable, but than you wrote that it's not escapable, which means the same thing.

did you mean to write that it's escapable?

Mmac

Smash Lord
You crossed out the part saying it's inescapable, but than you wrote that it's not escapable, which means the same thing.

did you mean to write that it's escapable?
Yeah. English Fail :(

Incorporating the "Egg Tactic", it actually works very well against Bowser, and does ok too against DK and Charizard

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
does this not work against wario? when i grab release a cpu one he just goes straight up.. maybe i dont quite get it
Yoshi can not grab release -> spike Wario. However, Yoshi can infinite chaingrab him and follow it up with an inescapable Usmash for the KO. You should check the chaingrab thread for more details.

Top Bottom