• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Release Shinanigans

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Aight so me and R@vyn decided to test some grab releases you can do against some characters. if anyone has something to add to a character allready done or about a different character not tested, just post it and i'll change it. Thanks

Wario - Against Wario our options are numerous. In grab releases on Wario, we want him to Air Break. If he does, you can follow up with these attacks:
  • Bair - It's harder to do, but can be sweet spotted out of the air break. Good for setting up that already hard to get kill
  • Fair
  • Dair
  • Uair
  • Nair
  • Fsmash - If done as soon as Wario air breaks, you will miss the first hit and connect with the second
  • Slightly Charged Fsmash - If you charge a Fsmash for about a second after he air breaks, you will connect with both hits
  • Usmash
  • Utilt
Metaknight - We only have one effective grab release against The Tool:

• Dash Attack - If MK air breaks, we can follow up with the strongest point of thedash attack. This kills MK fresh at 130%
Diddy Kong - This little guy works the same as MK in the grab release game:
  • Dash Attack - If Diddy air breaks, we can follow up with the strongest point of thedash attack. This kill percent not yet found.
Ness -Who doesn't have a grab release on this kid. These are all for Ness's ground release:
  • Regrab
  • Fsmash
  • Dsmash
  • Dtilt
  • Dash Attack
  • Jab
Any new information on these Characters or new ones will be added. GIVE FEEDBACK

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Incredible x) Thanks for the tips.
Can you check out Ness grab release? I'm pretty sure that we can come up with something.

Coffee™

I need it....
On Ness' Ground release we can regrab, Fsmash, Dsmash, Dtilt, Dash Attack and Jab.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
So... Pit's not tall enough to make characters air break. Are we talking about holding characters over platforms or something?

<-- is interested

Coffee™

I need it....
Check Squirtle. His grab release animation is terrible.
Pit might be able to regrab squirtle but it looks like you'd have to be near frame perfect. Either way regrabbing him is pretty useless except for a few extra pummels.

He has can also hit him with Dash Attack to kill, not sure at what percentage though. Probably around 120ish.

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
If we grab release ness/ lucas, we have a lot of time to react before they can do anything.
Such as free hits or another grab.

But if we do that to DK, its an opposite effect.
You just said the same effect as Ness/Lucas, which blew my mind >_>

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
All I know is that you can do an F-air, reverse B-air, a D-air, Usmash, and even an Fsmash on a Grab-released Wario, but the Wario has to struggle out first, for we really can't force him by default unless we find a way to grab him over the ledge somewhat.
I remember doing a D-air on Wario at like 170%, which could be fatal to em, well to me, since I do have a bit of problems with doing the reverse B-air on them.
Hopefully the Warios you guys do this on isn't that aware of this.

EDIT: This has been tested on a lv9 Wario set to Attack, and hope this actually works, since Wario is one of Pit's bad matchups.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
hey so ive been testing this out with Lucas hopefully it can help

grab>pummel>ground release>Fsmash doesnt work but....... grab>pummel>ground release>stutter step Fsmash does work :)

i found this out against tyson you might know him he also goes as Magitek_Knight

other pits should try this out if they would rather not take my word for it but it works

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Seiya get out of here with your Grab Release stuff!!! GRRRRRRRRR

By the way, i am going to Phase 3 this weekend and am going to give your controller to Razer

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
wtf name searcher! lol

o sweet thatd be really cool ill be sure and get it from him, text me if you plan on attending hobo21 we can prolly do wat we normally do if i house pplz :)

Top Bottom