• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab happy C. Falcon

~(Ganondorf)~

Smash Cadet
essen,germany,europe.but im a greek dude^^
hey dudes,
i got a big problem with the fighting style of my friend.i am maining Ganondorf and he is maining C. falcon.and the problem is that i dont find anyway to fight successfully against him because everytime i do a laggy move like the wizards foot he grabs me again and again and not just on laggy moves!he does that the whole game long!:mad:

so please mtv pimp my ride!.....ohh sry i mean please help my guys!:psycho:

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
My friend mains a good Captain Falcon too and he does the same thing.

The first thing you should do is stop using laggy moves. I asume that if he grabs that often then he knows how to use some techniques like shieldgrabbing. If he is getting alot of grabs while on the offense however, then that is a sign that you are probably shielding too much, or at least too predictably. You should try your best to keep on the move, and don't just blindly attack, try to force an openning for your attacks. Also another good tactic for Ganon too prevent grabs is jabbing after an aerial. If you shffl most of his aerials then you can perform a jab almost instantly which helps to prevent shieldgrabbing.

~(Ganondorf)~

Smash Cadet
thanks man first i will stop this laggy things i often do because thats a big reason why he always kicks my a**!!but the other problem is,ok i do much shielding but even if i dont he gets my because he is so fast!!i would say fox is the fastest with his attacks but in running and stuff like that is captain much faster!

so what can i do!even if i dont shielding he gets me!

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
You want to keep moving. A good stage is also helpful. If you can pick one with lots of platforms just get on the move and use platform dashing to increase mobility. Its tough no matter what you do though.

petoo0

Smash Ace
hey dudes,
i got a big problem with the fighting style of my friend.i am maining Ganondorf and he is maining C. falcon.and the problem is that i dont find anyway to fight successfully against him because everytime i do a laggy move like the wizards foot he grabs me
ok for starters NEVER USE THAT MOVE. only tim ethat move is useful is when you are trying to kill a sleeping jigglypuff or if your up by 762372056 stocks and you are going to try edgegaurding with it .Spacing out with Fairs and jabs is easiest way to avoid grabs. Just fair jab fair jab; as long as you L-cancel properly he can NEVER grab you. the match-up i sall abotu spacing. Also trying be more defensive, most ganons that start out try to be all out offensive monsters..trying being a little tank lol.

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
ok for starters NEVER USE THAT MOVE. only tim ethat move is useful is when you are trying to kill a sleeping jigglypuff or if your up by 762372056 stocks and you are going to try edgegaurding with it .Spacing out with Fairs and jabs is easiest way to avoid grabs. Just fair jab fair jab; as long as you L-cancel properly he can NEVER grab you. the match-up i sall abotu spacing. Also trying be more defensive, most ganons that start out try to be all out offensive monsters..trying being a little tank lol.
you can use wizards foot to kill people while they're off the stage...

petoo0

Smash Ace
you can use wizards foot to kill people while they're off the stage...
well you let me know ho wmany times you have successfully pulled that move off ok? ok then. and if you read I DID SAY YOU COULD pull that move off for an edge guard if you were up by lots of stock...but why the hell would you that when you can own Falcon with U-airs????

~(Ganondorf)~

Smash Cadet
i do shffl but falcon is still fast enough to catch i dont know why!and know i tryed just to use fast moves and stuff like that but he realized that very fast and now he is the guy who is shielding to mutch,but after a shffl im not fast enogh to grab him and then guess what...he grabs me agin^^
terrible terrible i just got realy a chance when i play like in trance(i mean like you are one with the ganondorf^^)sounds silly but thats the way it is.i would win much more if i would always use this high konzentration to be one with my character (haha be one with him^^)but its so hard to bring that always!

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
well you let me know ho wmany times you have successfully pulled that move off ok? ok then. and if you read I DID SAY YOU COULD pull that move off for an edge guard if you were up by lots of stock...but why the hell would you that when you can own Falcon with U-airs????
dude theres no need for caps, i've pulled it off several times, of course you'd have to time it right, its basicly for a flashy kill and at certain situations wizards foot is a good choice, w/o having a stock or more than the opponent, you also contradicted your first post, I'm not going to say were, it should be obvious.

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
yeahh i use the wizards foot too as edguard but its nearly impossible to own c falcon with that cuase his Bup stops even this mighty attack....
of course your not going to go wizards foot against cf's **** <.<'''i was just proving that wizards foot isn't incredibly hard to pull of against a cf...

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
u can also use dtilt to knock him up to start some ariels since cf gets pwned by teh uair

and to avoid teh cf **** recover use dair instead of wizard foot

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
u can also use dtilt to knock him up to start some ariels since cf gets pwned by teh uair

and to avoid teh cf **** recover use dair instead of wizard foot
or his uair semi-spike ^.^

okok you helped me very much!but could it even be that i m l-canceling wrong?cuse i found out that if i press l at a special wrong moment in the lag of an aerial he does recover but not that fast as it could!

or did i dream something?^^
remember to shfflc your aerials

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
I find it very useful to use teh c stick it makes it easier to do retreating ariels and I never paid that close attention to see if there is two different lag times between l cancels and none and a different l cancel

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
I find it very useful to use teh c stick it makes it easier to do retreating ariels and I never paid that close attention to see if there is two different lag times between l cancels and none and a different l cancel
if you shfflc too fast while doing an aerial it won't come out, watch some videos about ganondorf, maybe tipman has some instructional vids...
and yes using the c-stick is very helpful

technomancer

Smash Champion
Grabbing is CF's whole strategy. Any time he does any move vs. Ganon it's a grab setup, so he can combo into more grabs and then do the amazing knee->respawn->grab combo. There is no way to not get grabbed vs. CF, you just have to practice your DI (down and away, try to U-air out).

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Fairly sure that many of c. falcon's combos are pretty impossible to DI out of. Watching joe bushman vs jiano reaffirms this belief, as jiano can just uthrow joe bushman into a knee.

Ganon is just too easy to combo. :(.

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
thats very sad i got big problems with the cf of my friend.cf is just so impossible fast i dont know how to deal with that!!terrible!do you know a strategy against cf?
sadly...cf ***** ganondorf to much >.< try a retreating nair>jab...it might limit the space around you and a cf

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
oh no thi game is balanced but the quicker characters still pwn the slower ones ganon is very fast for a heavy weight but still gets owned but he can stand up against them

jotun

Smash Ace
I believe you're confusing the Volcano Kick (up-tilt) with the Wizard's Foot (down-B)

Moiez

Smash Rookie
wow, me and you are in the exact same position my friend.......my friend mains c. falcon and he beats all the time....he grabs alot as well but he also SHAFA alot as well.

Elrodillazo

Smash Apprentice
dont go to final destination you are going to get beaten there go to stage with platforms like dreamland or yoshi story.ganondorf an c.falcon are pretty even if you send him to the ledge he is dead try revers u-air for cheap kills you can kill him with that at like 30 percent

alcheato

Smash Ace
Falcon is one of Ganon's toughest matchups. As other people have already mentioned, you're gonna want stages with plenty of platforms to make it harder for Falcon to combo you as well as to give you more options. Bair and Uair while moving away from Falcon and Throw in plenty of Thunder Punch to stop combo starters and throws. And remember, Falcon's weakness is his recovery -- if you can get him off the stage, reverse Uair to edgeguard and it's done.

El HP

Smash Ace
The u-air is useful to stop his aerials also the f-tilt can be used to keep your spacing and stop him when he jumps to edgeguard use the reverse u-air is your best option.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
falcon, i hate him, but fair is good on him since it's disjointed, also, get on any stage with platforms (preferbly a small one) and stay underneath him as much as possible (from now on AMAP stands for as much as possible), it'll keep you from getting grabbed, FD in this match-up is very, very bad for ganon, it's worse than sheik

Clouded Reason

Smash Rookie
Yes, it's a hard match. BUT there's ways around it.
1. Learn how the CF plays. Unless you're playing some high ranked player (and i doubt you are), learn his patterns and abuse the flaws.
2. Learn key ganon tips and tricks. Go check out the post stickied "Triforce of Power", where Tipman will show you how to not suck.
3. You HAVE to be tricky and use mad mindgames to win this fight. All the skill in shffling still doesn't mean you're going to pwn CF. you have to break out of doing patterns yourself, and release unpredictable, yet effective moves. There's no set way to strategize this, it merely comes with practice.

With that being said, i'd say your bread and butters moves against CF are going to be SHFFL'd F-air (make sure it looks like it's not going to hit him, i assure you it will, **** hitboxes), reverse Vulture kick (B-air) for mad edgeguard, and most importantly, throw in the A poke whenever you think CF is going to make a move. This poke is one of the best in the game, and should be Ganon's most abused move. Best of luck.

Top Bottom