• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab happy C. Falcon

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Dont main ganon
Are you kidding? Get out of the Ganondorf forum.

Don't ever listen to people like that, Ganon can be made in to a very formidable adversary. The only time you can use the wizards foot is when your foe is vulnerable, like after a d-throw (not the best technique, as it can be DI-ed and countered) If you miss an aerial, make sure you l-cancel and jab right away, otherwise you can be grabbed.

children of the monkey

Smash Rookie
well, i think that if you cannot beat cf in final destination you will be forced to run till the end of times. ganondorf is a good offensive character, but is an excellent defensive character. i fight a cf too, and even if its not the best there is, it is an annoyance, but far from unbeatable. jab is your best friend, and i know is weird to hear this,but dodge him. from an aerial like fair, shffle and inmediatly dodge, its gonna be easier to dodge him than jab him if you fail the shffle. run,grab him. if he can grab you so much is because he has learned your moves, surprise him, if you run toward him and tackle, then run and grab him. combo him as much as you can, you got the weight factor on your side, sooner or later he will start to fly more and more,juggle him. if hes at low percentage hit two straight jabs, for cf, 10% can be the difference between reaching or not the plataform. and most importantly... stone cold, wait for the moment, and hit, wait and hit. eventually he will fall, on one-on-one dont do the wizards foot, he can reach you easily. on the edges practice the dair, its a mortal move, and apply it to cf is easy, very easy, plus he will get mad and start attacking aimlessly, theres youre chance. cf players are usually nervous guys (obviously), so, make his blood boil!

hope this helps even a bit.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
just b/c you are shffl'ing doesn't mean you can't get shield grabbed; you might be starting the move too early, so the hitbox isn't out. also, whoever said the stomp is useless is mistaken.

how is your mobility w/ganon? do you wavedash/land (also on/off platforms) at all? it's absolutely necessary to do this, otherwise you will be overwhelmed by falcon's speed. use your ftilt to counter his shffl'd approaches.

edit: @mood: how do you rate this matchup? it's certainly not an easy one, but i feel like it's largely stage dependent. i look at it this way: a so so falcon destroys a so so ganon, but a good ganon is fine against falcon (again depending on the stage).

Top Bottom