• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

grab-Fair chain

Scala

Smash Ace
I have been trying to pull off the move where you:
Grab with popo
Downthrow
Fair with nana (spike)
Regrab with popo (or smash)

When it comes to Fair with nana, I always hit it late and send the enemy out an an angle instead of straight down. Could someone list the button order on the controller to correctly time it right?

I thought it was:
Grab
Jump
C-Right
Down
--correct?

HolyChef

Smash Ace
i
grab
down
jump
c stick
grab then repeat

note: when i fair, i hold the control stick in the opponents direction . it helps connect the fair by nana and gets popo in position to grab again

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
After I grab i hit down and jump at the same time. That way when your enemy pops up nana is already in the air. Then i hold forward on the stick to di nana closer to enemy then forward air. Then popo regrab.

pixcalcis

Smash Cadet
who are you trying to do it on..ive found the timing is slightly different, especially on the bigger characters. If you try to jump first with the bigger characters, bowser, Dk and suprisingly yoshi with his big head then you will either hit them at an angle or miss altogether as they will still be in the throw animation. Just try different timings between your down and jump. Try down first, then jump and swap and then press down and jump just a little later..until you get it down. But like i said you will have to do it slightly different depending on the size of the character

Miller

Smash Lord
Try using forward A in the air since your thumbs already in that posistion from jumping, it should go alot faster and give you better timing

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Everything must be done very quickly else Nana will hit the enemy out instead of down.
After you press down, immediately have Nana do the fair. If you space the down and fair apart too far Nano will catch the edge of the enemy and send him out instead of hitting the enemy from the top and sending them down.

Top Bottom