• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GR< Fsmash

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Now Im not sure if this was already known as its not posted anywhere, but Tyrant the other day was telling me that Marth has GR< tipper Fsmash on MK on Rainbow Cruise once the stage starts moving right. He can do it anywhere during that time which also happens to be where the smallest blastzones are. I believe you also have usmash as well if im not mistaken so theres some free killmoves.

Lastly how come few Marths GR< Nair? I never understood that. Are ppl SDI ing it on you guys?

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
As far as I know, you can't hit MK in a GR with nair2 without hitting him with nair1. And that would make it impossible to do GR>tipper nair consistently.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
kinda old, people do it on the moving sv platform, I never do it on RC bc i never play there anymore with marth LOL

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Didn't you love RC for Marth vs MK? Or was that just a mindgame to get MK's to not CP you there?

Regardless you can even regrab on the sv platform. Idk about RC. GR>Nair has very strict timing. Two implict problems, one player dependent and the other opponent dependent. It's hard to time correctly, and tourney pressure can screw you up as you have to be on point. But that's just practice. The other problem is SDI, since Marth must do a rising nair to hit on GR, it is unsafe on SDI. If the MK SDI's up then it's a free dair essentially, but that's where the mindgames come in, FH nair will cover this option. The main reason Marth's do not do GR>nair is probably b/c they can not do it consistently.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
just to clarify, minty NEVER knew about the grab release tipper on rainbow cruise but in fact only said so in hopes of more recognition from the world forums of smash.

I think it's pretty ****, it opens up a lot of options. you can also do some grab release shananigans off of the hanging carpet thing that moves around.

As for Grab Release Nair, you can sdi punish it after the first hit. it's good but situational.

Enzo

Smash Lord
just to clarify, minty NEVER knew about the grab release tipper on rainbow cruise but in fact only said so in hopes of more recognition from the world forums of smash.

I think it's pretty ****, it opens up a lot of options. you can also do some grab release shananigans off of the hanging carpet thing that moves around.

As for Grab Release Nair, you can sdi punish it after the first hit. it's good but situational.
What part of this stage does GR -> Fsmash work?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
of course he didnt know Mike, people like to pretend theyre good for some unknown reason. Anyways you can do it anywhere once the level starts moving to the right i believe (the 3rd section). During that time, ANYWHERE basically u grab him so long as ur grabbing him on the right side you have this option. Also as Mike said you can do it on the carpets.

I think its amazing, im mean guaranteed GR> tipper Fsmash particularly on the part with the smallest blastzones along with other GR stuff ( utilt, regrab, blah blah) u can destroy MK on that section. I mean u get a walk off cg. Also i need to test GR>first hit nair>regrab its worked for me before however im wondering if its guaranteed.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Useful tip, should have figured moving platforms are all usable. Thanks for the note!

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
lol Susa, I learned this from Mike and Tyrant from when i play with them. So of course any vid of Mike doing it/ this thread. Step yo game up

Top Bottom