• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a vid up, rip me apart.

takieddine

Smash Master
I guess the most basic and important start is to watch pro videos, observe what they do technically then apply that.

Once you master tech, then you can be comfortable enough to be able to read and react to your opponent's moves (i.e. mindgames)

If you must, you can read one of the fox guides floating around here, those are only useful for learning and understanding match-ups however.

Good luck.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I watch pro vids everyday, and i've already read every guide on Fox on smasha nd other sites I won't name (they suck)

Like I said, that's an absolutely awful video. Fairly old, I miss almost every L-Cancel, don't wavehsine or anything at all, miss a bunch of shine spikes, my wavedashing is crap. That's from the week I lost my smash mojo 0.0

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
we all have off days i s'pose. It doesn't really help that the Falco spams dash attack alot.

You have to practice your tech skill though. Everything comes after that, as I've said many a time.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Man... that was awful. Make some improvement on your tech skill and post another vid (with better quality if you can)

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Lol I'm just trying to get a better quality video. The dig cam I need to use has terrible quality when zoomed and if I don't zoom it needs to eb close to tv, blockin' my view. I'll keep trying to get some better stuff though.

Btw, I know it was terrible Osk, you aren't contributing anything by saying that :p

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You suck, kill yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, kidding. you need to work on general skill, shuffls, waveshines but more importantly you missed an easy edge guard at 0:42. That should have been a kill, instead you waited way to far from the ledge and charged a smash. Who were you expecting to hit?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Don't charge for edge-guards. Stand there and read returns for easy bairs or dsmashes.

There is an easy way to find out if what you're doing is worthwhile or not. I do it all the time:

Do the pros do it? Lol.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
When he dashes, short hop nair, it works, I play with a lot of noob falcos. Also, when he does a full hop and hasn't hit dair yet, try a uair, or if you can land it, a utilt. It helps. Also, if your at the edge (cried when you missed the oppurtunity), jc grab and uthrow, then shine him, he'll fall behind you, and you can go for an easy shine spike. Or at least thats my opinion.

Hell, or RainX, I watched some vids and see you waveshine nair and follow them, does that only work on floaties like samus and such? (I tried it on C. Falcon, didn't work, but I might be screwing it up on a technical level). Thanx in advance.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
follow them? What do you mean?

If by follow you mean string more nair shines..then you can only do those on characters that don't fall down from the shine and that have a mid-lvl of traction.

Even then...the nair pops characters up into the air...so maybe i was hitting with the tip of the nair and it didn't send my opponent that far? :s

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I was more talking about Hell's matches with D ick, he will wave shine, the nair, then still have them close enough to shine again and nair again, and will follow them no matter which direction the di. It just looked odd to me, I've never seen a fox do it before ( ? ) I'm currently trying to get a hang for it, it seems extremely effective, especially if you can mix it with the dair. Now, off to record a video to see if I get ripped apart. ^.^

EDIT: I looked closer, I think he's using fairs and waveshine comboing him, then nairing him at around 50 or 60 percent. I am not sure though.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Its not logical. If the nair hits they'll be bounced into the air and the shine will just hep regain their balance and shield+roll. The reason he's stringing so many together is because the Marth keeps blocking the aerials but shieldgrabbing after each one. The parts where he does get hit by like 3 nair shines...thats just bad di. that shouldn't happen.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
0.0 lol anyways guys thanks for the help

I know I screwed up at 00:42, that was sloppy controlling on my part.

Killress

Smash Ace
Pretty nice. Against falcos, full jumped nairs work VERY well. Work on your edge hog/guard (Shine spikes, and down smash work very well.) Not bad, i also commented on youtube :)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Maybe i said this already but...

basics first. I saw very little WDing or SH anything. You also bthrow'd alot. Try uthrow to utilts usmashes. Bthrow+fthrow when you're near the ledge.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I hate Fox's fthrow near the ledge, doesn't work nearly as well as his back throw. :/

I'm uploading the other vid now, I'll post the link tomorrow. It's a bit better, still not my best, but better.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lmao@ the guy w/ the french comment.

A6M holy gawd you have the weirdest song choices ever. 0_0

Your Playing: I saw a dthrow usmash in the first match. Don't try that. :D Overall, I didn't see any uthrow combos. I say like a 2 second snippet of a chainthrow string in the 2nd match, but that was about it. Wheres the uthrow utilt? uthrow usmash? uthrow anything? Vs .Falco you need to abuse the grabs. I also didn't see many aerial -> shines. Nair shines, drill shines. Those are the things you should be practicing. :)

I'll tip more later.

unknown522

Some guy
work on ur edgeguarding and recoveries. Both u and the other dude need alot of work on that alone.

Also, never run in with a dash attack. Work on ur L-cancels, and try to chase techs. If u shine him away, try to follow up and possibly do a thunder's combo or something in that nature.

Shine spikes are always good if u feel confident that u can do it, and know that u can tech.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've got the 3rd vid recorded and edited and made. I couldn't upload it last night cuz my internet was sketchy. I'll do it now and post the link soon. This one has 3 matches in it, I shinespike him twice in the second match and fall apart and manage to lose. Ahwell, the camera was rolling...

GOTM

Smash Champion
There's many things you need to work on my friend.

1. Learn to SHFFL into shines.
2. Learn to waveshine.
3. Learn to do something else besides shine their recovery.
- i.e. - At 1:39, you could have killed him, but you went for the shine and he survived. Learn to ledgehop bair, or something similar.
4. Learn to chaingrab.
5. Learn the Thunders Combo.
6. You don't always have to kill them horizontally, Fox might be the best vertical killer in the game. Try going for more uthrow-uair combos, or uthrow-utilt-chaingrab-uair combos. They work on a lot of characters.

Overall just practice. Watch videos of technical Foxes and try and emulate them. Some people to watch would be:

Silent Wolf
Mew2King
PC Chris
Korean DJ
Lunin
Chillin

Top Bottom