• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good secondaries for Meta Knight

Does Meta Knight needs secondaries?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters

Kulty

Smash Ace
Basically the title of this thread: What are some good secondaries for Meta Knight in PM? You can leave me other suggestions outside from characters that I've not mentioned below. I decided to create this thread, since it seems that there's no thread dedicated to this specific topic. In my case, I'm more interested to play these characters, because I have more fun with them (not in a particular order)::warioc::ike::ganondorf::pit::mario2::roypm:.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Meta Knight doesn't really need a secondary tbh. His hardest MUs are vs Fox, Roy, and Samus, and they aren't even that bad (45-55 in their favor), so unless you wanna counterpick a few specific characters, then I wouldn't reccomend a secondary for Meta Knight.

Reference: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vinpf09oTN7z_tsu9Muz3U30xKtJvDMdTowpFxbxIKY/edit#gid=0
Someone actually told me about this MU community chart. That person says that this chart is not accurate, because there's lack of high level tournament experience and many people didn't take the time to learn the MUs. I think Meta Knight does have more bad MUs than you think. They might be duable, but I think there's a lot more. It's just I'm trying to look for a fun secondary that can actually help MK for some MUs. At this point in time, I'm deciding between::mario2::ganondorf::warioc::roypm:? What do you think about it?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
MK is very MU proof, he has some losing MUs but nothing that warrants using a secondary. Either choose a secondary if you are personally more comfortable with them in a particular MU, or if you simply enjoy how they play. Otherwise, don't bother.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
The community MU chart is currently a pile of ***. If you want to know who MK struggles with, ask top players who have played top players in those MUs. If you want a secondary, then take a look at what MUs you have trouble with. So, Kulty Kulty , what MUs do YOU have troubles with?

Kulty

Smash Ace
The community MU chart is currently a pile of ***. If you want to know who MK struggles with, ask top players who have played top players in those MUs. If you want a secondary, then take a look at what MUs you have trouble with. So, Kulty Kulty , what MUs do YOU have troubles with?
I don't have any MUs experience with Meta Knight, since I'm new to Project M. I'm just trying to learn the characters. Sorry :( !

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I still have a lot of matchups to learn but I highly doubt MK players will need a secondary in the long run. I personally think Diddy may be one of his worst matchups but even then it's probably only like 60-40, so it's still doable... just a little tough.

I do play Wario as well and would use him in tournament if the situation ever called for it but I think MK is one of those characters who will be able to hold it down solo in placing at majors.

Top Bottom