• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good second mains for Peach players?

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I've been hearing that most Peach mains can't really play well with other characters. However, I can't just play Peach all the time, what are some good second mains for Peach players? What second mains do some of you guys use?

Cort

Apple Head
lol @ above post

Anyway, play someone good in tournament. It's awkward to pick up Peach first and then play other characters. I first started out basically playing everyone, and then had a knack for Peach.

Now I occasionally play Marth/Fox in other tournament matchups I'm not comfortable using Peach in.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i think that Sheik and Fox is a good second main because you could always have sheik as a backup if your having trouble with a Marth player or you could and the fox could be if your having trouble with alot of other players like ylink, falco or CF.
Sheik and Fox are my secondaries but im trying to get them to the same level as my peach.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Um, my seconds are like....weird. I've got too many of them, but my best second, ironically is a low tier. Y. Link. Mainly because I still get to spam projectiles, lol. My Y. Link is probably better than My Doc and IC's. The sad thing is I've only been playing Y. Link for maybe a month. *cough* anyway...just try out different characters. Whatever one speaks to you go for it. Just don't make the same mistake I do with shiek and automatically go for the down B. (LOL, funny moments).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you want to cover matchups, Marth, Fox, and Sheik are good for secondaries. But otherwise, just figure out which characters work best for you.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Well I decided to just play around with C. Falcon one day, and this C. Falcon main that lives next door to me started giving me some tips, I had SOOO much fun playing as him, and he said I was so good with him for how long I had started playing with him, that I'm actually considering making C. Falcon my 1st main instead of my 2nd!

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm a Peach/Marth main, and Marth is actually pretty good as a second. He takes care of spacies problems and some other match ups. Plus, a good benefit is on the personal level you might feel more comfortable with one or the other regardless of the match up. Example, I seem to do better with Peach vs Jiggs even though Marth is a much better match up. The only problem is you might have some trouble against Shieks.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
I am a peach main and I like to pretty much play anbody else but that might be because of the fact that I played alot of other characters befor i started peach.

Vts

Smash Champion
i am going to say IC or C.Falcon (moonwalking is just to much fun to do not to play as him:) ).
basicly its just based on your playing style of who you 2ndary will be most will go gannon due to his forward air has close to same start up time, and zelda for she floats and can do 2 air attacks before landing.
dont 2ndary IC requires differnt playing style lol.

-peace vts (Marry Christmas w/o brawl ><)

kry

Smash Rookie
zelda, marth, + PICHU <3

tiny little rodents freak people out :D.. well some people

S2

Smash Lord
Try Sheik.

She play very differently from Peach, but is going to be useful in some matchups.

If you play doubles, Sheik/Peach teams work really well. Between Peach's great recovery and ability to live forever and Sheik's speed/manuverability, you can do some nasty stuff.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
my 2nd is

peach is my main then comes Marth Falco Ice climbers and zelda. peach players can play with who ever they want lol. we main peach cuz we like her we dont need anyone else. i only can play with those ppl cuz my friends can play them.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
I've been hearing that most Peach mains can't really play well with other characters. However, I can't just play Peach all the time, what are some good second mains for Peach players? What second mains do some of you guys use?
Yeah, I posted a topic about this already.
Mods can delete it.
Sorry Broseph.
Even So, I've been second maining Jiggs and Yoshi, and they're working quite well.
;)

Top Bottom