• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Combos

Karmie

Smash Cadet
After reading the wonderful Guide here I saw a few DK combos so I was interested and mastered em.

I'm craving for more combos! Could anyone name some DK combos they use that they've dabbled with or found?

And please don't give me that, "There are no combos in brawl". Not trying to be technical...

Smash Apprentice
What I'm using quite often is dtilt+dtilt to down b.
It will work max. once or twice your enemy isn't paying attention, but it's a very good way for getting some room for other actions.

Another one is just one jab+sideB+anything that ***** enemy.

Ultit+Utilt(+Utilt, depends on weight of enemy)+Uair

DK doesn't need combos

10smashspams

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
D-tilt+d-tilt+d-B=around 30%=best combo you should know
U-B to X works well
Sakurai combo
Bair+Bair, Bair+F-tilt
My contribution for now

i1337

Smash Ace
Bair>bair>uptilts>uair. If Giant Punch was used after the uair it would be pretty sick, if not you could just uair twice.

Also, (offstage) bair>bair>jump>dair.
also, if you miss the spike start your upb right next to them beacuse the initial knockback will usually kill them :chuckle:

Mith_

Smash Champion
UTilt juggle is my favorite against heavy characters. I can usually follow it up with an USmash, which is even sweeter icing on the delicious cake that is DONKEY KONG.

At higher percents (60 percent or so), I do a Jab>Cargo Throw> Fair Spike. Not much of a combo, more like a good follow-up on moves, which is really good to know how to do in Brawl since you can't really "combo".

Dash Attack can set up for many of DK's moves depening on how the opponent DIs. If they go forward, follow up with a FTilt. If they DI towards you, you can either DSmash (I hear OOS DSmash is faster), DTilt to FTilt, or Giant Punch. If they DI upwards then you can UTilt, or UAir, or tech chase into a Giant Punch.

DK rules kek.

Dk1337

Smash Rookie
i dont know what you guys consider a combo...maybe i can set it straight; a combo in brawl is any sequence of moves which, once started, usually cannot be stopped until completed. i write "usually" because there are always exceptions (i.e. the weight of the opposing character, the damage he/she has suffered, etc--thus, the percentage range during which a given combo is possible).

combos i use-

bair>bair>ftilt = 36% (if they trip, then a dash-attack or down-b. used at low percents, roughly 0%-15%, depending on opponent size)

dtilt>dsmash>uptilt>upsmash=56% (very efficient combo at low percent, but becomes less effective and eventually impossible at mid percents))

d-throw>ftilt = 17% (good quick starting/follow-up combo, low/mid percents, about 0%-40%)

(on stage ledge) bair>dair usually = ko (best use of DK's dair meteor smash, but I found it difficult to master...it's amazing once you do. Effective 0%-30%)

bair>bair>uptilt>bair>bair = 66% (excellent starting combo, but only usable at 0%)

dtilt(trip)>forward-b>down-b = 46%-32% (a personal favorite, but suffers decreased effectiveness past 30%. 46% = opponent < 30%, 32% = opponent has 30% or greater)

dtilt(trip)>foward-b>up-b = 50%-54% (perhaps DK's best combo, due to its large percentage range, and it's increased effectiveness at mid-percents. 0%-55%)

Mithx mentioned juggling...which is not really comboing. While i agree that it is extremely effective against many characters, there's no required skill. Also, DK's dash attack should only be used at the end of a combo, so as to eliminate it's long recovery period.

Dk1337

Smash Rookie
name thief =O lol
name thief...lol...u can't patent the term 1337 man. besides, maybe u should contribute something...cause truthfully, the DKs on smashboards blow, judging by the videos ive seen.

Karmie

Smash Cadet
I found a new combo.

Cargo Throw > Cargo Release > anything quick

Since the Cargo Throw release acts like a grab release but can't be jump breaked I believe, it sets up for other attacks.

Mainly I do Cargo Release > Dtilt > Dtilt (Trip, if it trips) > Down B/ Another Cargo Combo

i1337

Smash Ace
well alot of people already use that lol...

but anyway, it can also be used as a "semi-infinite" on ness/lucas since it IS escapable but very hard to do so.

jogues_street

Smash Cadet
D-tilt+d-tilt+d-B=around 30%=best combo you should know
U-B to X works well
Sakurai combo
Bair+Bair, Bair+F-tilt

i find these are the best ones

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
name thief...lol...u can't patent the term 1337 man. besides, maybe u should contribute something...cause truthfully, the DKs on smashboards blow, judging by the videos ive seen.
want to run that last part by me again??? lets see a video of a better DK than me, darkrain, or bum that isn't on smashboards

Top Bottom