• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good colleges for smash?

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
Really, UCI? Although a lot of people play smash over there, but IIR, there was hardly any tournaments, let alone smashfests [unless it's like in dorms] on campus. So, everyone goes off-campus for good smash or maybe I'm left out on all the fun :(
I feel the exact same with UCSD. :(
I think we have a decent/good melee scene?
There's Winter Game Fest, though I don't know whether to call it a 'scene,' as brawl is pretty much dead otherwise. ;-;

Or am I being left out too? ;-;

greenblob

Smash Lord
It depends on
1. Whether you're talking about Brawl or Melee or SSB64
2. If you want campus-sponsored tournaments or people from around the area
3. How far you're willing to travel

QUIVO

Smash Master
Did you even see who attended that tournament? No one attended that tournament (note worthy). Everyone was in springfield that day.

QUIVO

Smash Master
In that case, my little cousin should be acknowledged for beasting through tournaments with his friends.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LMAO @ Q
btw tell t-800 to challenge me in a money match at the next tourney we're both at
for every match he beats me in he gets two dollars.
if i win i get five.

see how that goes lol, if he's any good he'll have no trouble w/ me.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
UNC-CH and NCSU are both good schools for finding a good population of smashers in NC.

But you should go to UNC-CH, because they have a better basketball team.

I'm not biased about this, either.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Can you play today/this week!? I need your number fool.

Also, I'm afraid of you lol. Jerm says you're too good now..

Gnes

Smash Master
Can you play today/this week!? I need your number fool.

Also, I'm afraid of you lol. Jerm says you're too good now..
LOL me and him go pretty even I just somehow pull it out in the end. I know it frustrates him, just like razer frustrates me.

Also my number is 832-545-5957. Yeah im free on wednesday and friday.

Gnes

Smash Master
Actually Quivo i just changed my schedule at work...im free pretty much any day but wednesday lol. I work from 8am to 12:30am...ill get home probably around 1 or 2 each day.

WAHAHAHA working at college rocks.

QUIVO

Smash Master
dude gimme a call 513 288 3109 im free every day but weekends (sometimes i should be free though)

forechunkukee

Smash Rookie
Really, UCI? Although a lot of people play smash over there, but IIR, there was hardly any tournaments, let alone smashfests [unless it's like in dorms] on campus. So, everyone goes off-campus for good smash or maybe I'm left out on all the fun :(
Hahaha...I heard about this. I know Zhu is over at Irvine. And then the FUSION club there has some pretty strong (AFAIK, not notable however) melee players...

Most of the smashers I know of played in the dorms, and we'd go hall to hall...then when tournaments rolled around, people would show up outta no where. No one is personally organizing melee tournaments there though :( You wanna help with that?

urfaselol

Smash Rookie
uci for sure

we got mango, zhu, psychomidget, kira, conner the kid, whatisfear, macd, etc etc etc. You guys also get direct tournament access to norcal too.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Umm. I can help somewhat. I am helping a friend who's opening a business called Active Gamers. Essentially, we're trying to become the hotspot for smash tournaments in California and later spread around. Hugo and I are helping out as much as we can.

We've hosted various Brawl and Melee tournaments for a while now. Stop by and try it.
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6485

I was dealing with the same problem. But I met this guy and I gotta say, the future looks pretty bright for people who have no place to attend tournys. :)

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha...I heard about this. I know Zhu is over at Irvine. And then the FUSION club there has some pretty strong (AFAIK, not notable however) melee players...

Most of the smashers I know of played in the dorms, and we'd go hall to hall...then when tournaments rolled around, people would show up outta no where. No one is personally organizing melee tournaments there though :( You wanna help with that?
Well, I don't know much about running tournaments. If anything, we need to find a place and just hold weekly smashfests or something so we can get some UCI smashers together in one place :laugh:

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
NYU baby.

Their actual Smash scene is kinda small but we all know and hang out with the pros of the best **** Smash city in the whole effing planet.

Top Bottom