• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun Illustrator Passes Away

goldensun.jpg

We're sad to report that Hiroshi Kajiyama, the artist behind Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and various entries of the Shining Force series, has passed away. The news was shared by Kajiyama's son on Twitter on July 14th, 2018. No additional details are known. All of the writing team give our condolences to any impacted by the loss of Hiroshi.

Author's Note: As a huge fan of Hiroshi Kajiyama's work, this brings me with great sadness to report. Have you ever played Golden Sun? Have you enjoyed the Golden Sun content in Super Smash Bros.? Were you a fan of Hiroshi's work? Let us know in the comments below.

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

We also lost Kaori Fujita around the same time. What has this world come to? Maybe a tribute to Golden Sun in Smash would be nice to keep his spirit with us (it would at least be nice).

Last edited:
And here I thought having a Golden Sun headline on the frontpage was a good thing </3 R.I.P. to the guy, I enjoyed Golden Sun a lot thanks to it's design choices. He did a great job.

"Death truly is unpredictable" ~Kraden (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

Shocking news indeed. That said, however, we all have to kick the bucket sometime. I'm just glad to have been able to behold his excellent work. Part of living life is all about creating something that will outlast you.

D
Sad to here may he rest in peace and be remembered.

Damn. I hate to complain, but why are we losing so MANY amazing people in this world? Just why?
Maybe is because we are a bit older now; and many artists too. Its a shame; but everyone finds their end in one way or another.

Farewell Mr. Kajiyama; and rest in peace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom