• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden bowser

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
its from the game...he is wondering if what he did was accurate to how Bowser is in the palette swap in Brawl...

I think it is...although I gotta double check the hair...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
its from the game...he is wondering if what he did was accurate to how Bowser is in the palette swap in Brawl...

I think it is...although I gotta double check the hair...
I actualy just found this out, I havn't seen much E For All footage so I had no idea that this was one in the game. sorry about that. It looks acurate to me but The picture wasnt clear in the screen shot I saw.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
From what I saw, It looks like they may have been trying to make his colors look similar to Morton Koopa Jr.

Why him, I don't know, but that's just what I first thought. (Also, the video wasn't of that great of quality, so maybe the colors were a bit off...)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
arite I saw the vid again and everything is fine...except the hair is a bit darker from what I saw and those spiked things on his arms are also golden...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Black Bowser (known by my friends as Metal Bowser cuz he's metal \m/) and Golden Bowser (Pimp King) are the colors Ill most likely use when I play as Bowser...unless Dry Bones is an unlockable alternate costume if alts. are in Brawl...

Foxy

Smash Master
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mo64aIfCFxU&mode=user&search=

That's the video that's got golden bowser. I checked it and your colors look very accurate (although could use some fine tuning, especially the shell color).

I took a picture out of that for a color reference (darkened it and made it easier to see too).

As you can obviously see the colors are messed up from the video quality and the screen. You can tell that what is white shows up as light-blue, so we can reasonably say that everything is blue-tinted.

At least we know that his shell is more of a silver/white with pink highlights, and the shell edge is golden. He has black skin and dark red hair.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mo64aIfCFxU&mode=user&search=

That's the video that's got golden bowser. I checked it and your colors look very accurate (although could use some fine tuning, especially the shell color).

I took a picture out of that for a color reference (darkened it and made it easier to see too).

As you can obviously see the colors are messed up from the video quality and the screen. You can tell that what is white shows up as light-blue, so we can reasonably say that everything is blue-tinted.

At least we know that his shell is more of a silver/white with pink highlights, and the shell edge is golden. He has black skin and dark red hair.
no...Ive seen a pic in better quality, it is most definatly gold, It was realy awsome looking. check the"officail recolor/alt costumes thread" or something like that.

TLHM

Smash Cadet
so you think it's more like this?

I'm not sure really, as the video quality isn't that good and etc, it could easily appear different from the in game version. As they call him gold bowser, I'm inclined to believe that the shell is in fact golden. I dunno though.

Foxy

Smash Master
so you think it's more like this?

I'm not sure really, as the video quality isn't that good and etc, it could easily appear different from the in game version. As they call him gold bowser, I'm inclined to believe that the shell is in fact golden. I dunno though.
That's pretty accurate. I believe it actually is a bit more white-tinted gold with a gold border in-game, to stand out a bit less.

alphameric

Smash Ace
How about basing the image off my color correction of the video?
There shouldn't be a blue hue, more of a light reddish one.

I'm pretty sure that's about as close as it is going to get, unless someone can find a HD video featuring gold bowser.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Im pretty sure the one in the 10th post is the most accurate one...remeber theres camera quality you have to factor in and everyone else who has tested Bowser at E4All said it was gold....so yea...

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
The gold color you have for his armbands and shell rim seems close to what I remember the shell being. It wasn't pure white, but it wasn't the dull yellow you guys have in the first two pictures in this thread.

Remember, he's the Pimp King and his shell is the prime feature. It's not a dull yellow, it's a shiny goldish white because it's his bling.

QuantumCat

Smash Rookie
Is this recolor I made accurate? Just want to be sure.
there are gold straps around the arms. His hair is gold too. There is something different about gold bowser's face too. Looks good so far though.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
My lord that video of him laying the smackdown on Link is a thing of beauty. I wish I was an artist, I would totally draw an O.G. version of Bowser with a pimp roll in one hand and courvoisier in the other and a platinum medallion of Peach in a thong, sitting on a red velvet throne. And wearing sunglasses with a crown. I've thought too much about this haven't I.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no you havent......trust me....I can come up with weirder crap than that on the spot...

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
This Bowser is so badass. He really is a pimp lol! Too bad he's probably going to be overused like Pink Luigi. Other than that, I like the idea and I have yet to see an accurate pic of it. Could someone post one if it exists?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
That one's the best so far. Maybe we'll get a closer look in some sort of "Alternate Costumes" update.

Top Bottom