• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GOH-T3 GreenOaks Havoc Tournament "Wii R the Champions" JAN 13th, Tracy CA

The Game II

Smash Champion
Matt,

(I'd hate to make this about me, but) I'm not leaving the tournament scene. Really. I thought I would, but I realized that it's better if I just change direction. That's what my Web site is for. And I'll make it more public on Saturday when my book is officialy for sale.

Anyway, the one thing I wanted to mention is that you're not just competing with the sacra-biweeklies, but there's also a tournament in Bakersfield run by jihnisus, who I haven't seen mention it here yet, but it's out there. Bakersfield has caught my attention since I've been told there's no real tournament base there, but rather massive h2 and gt4 communities. So this tournament they're having is a test to see if they can get a real community going, and I'm interested in seeing what talent they have.

Although, I still don't know which tournament I'm going to. I've been really busy as of late, so I'm still trying to get everything sorted out as far as events; there's some h2 events I believe on teh same day as well. But I'll let you know. Don't let your tournament ride on me, tho.

--GCII

BattlePenguin

Smash Rookie
Imma try and make it to this. Depends tho if my ride wants to take me (and most likly a couple others) though. Hopefully by then I'll hav a wii, and if so i will bring it.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
well sac tourney is moved to the 6th, so i think it will skip over the 13th.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
yeah thank god tc1 changed it. hopefully thatl mean you and teamscape will be there?

Game II- i understand your busy and have you own schedule and may not make it. thats kewl i wont hold it against i just wish you could make it. of course the tourny wont ride on you of course. if anything u taught me to be in charge of my own tourny and run it how i want to so im gonna do that. hopefully you can make it.

BattlePenguin- excellent always good to meet new smashers. and also its geat you may bring a wii. let me know asap how many people might come and wether u definately will or not. thanx

STILL NEED MORE EQUIPMENT!!!

The Game II

Smash Champion
Matt, I realized that I need to do something else besides melee right now, so I plan on going to this. I'm kinda worried if I bring my wii, but I'll risk it and just have knives on hand.

--GCII

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
awesome game glad you can make it and bring a wii. i make sure that ALL TV's are on with the system going at all times. that way its harder for people to steal. you can keep your wiimote and nunchuk in the kitchen where my fiance will be so its not just lying around.

delphiki i hope you can bring lots of people. bring some equipment too. if you dont bring a set-up at least bring a copy of smash so w hen the wii's stop being used from wii sports they can be used for smash.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
OH YES forgot to mention......I GOT THE GRUB! this time around tho im selling snickers, MnM's (regular and peanut), skittles, starbursts and 3 musketeers instaed of redvines. i will still be selling the same chips as always (frito lays variety pack), as well as lil ceasars pizza cheese and pepperoni. and a variety of sodas and water.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
just 3 more days folks! everyone should be finalizing plans such as rides, money, equipment, pre-reg's and so on.

NEED EQUIPMENT! TV's AND WII"S IN PARTICULAR!
(bring copies of smash even if you dont bring anything else as the Wii's will be used for smash after wii sports is finished and not all my friends bringing wii's own smashbros)

The Game II

Smash Champion
How is whitey getting to this? You convinced your mom to take you 2 weeks in a row?

matt, send me your e-mail

dreamcastremix at cs dot com

--GCII

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Sorry Matt, not going to be able to make it. Got too much stuff going on this weekend :(

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
1 more day!!!!

I REALLY NEED TV's. alot of the equipment i was relying on my friends are iffy so i need TV's! Cam bailed so thats one less wii and tv. and three of my friends work so they may not be able lend me there systems or tvs.

BRING WHAT U CAN! TV's, WII'S, GAMECUBES, COPIES OF SMASH OR WII SPORTS!

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
thanx glenn! if you have any extra copies of smash or extra cubes thatd be kewl too O_O;

im really startin to worry about equipment. BRING ANYTHING PEOPLE. even if just a copy of smash or cube

BattlePenguin

Smash Rookie
Im comming for sure with 2 friends, maybe 3. Unfortunatly I couldnt get a wii, but ill bring my cube and a copy of smash. I might be able to bring a TV but im not sure. C ya tommarow!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ehhh................................... my sister MIGHt be able to take me and meep to this, but shes our only hope. and its only 50/50. i hope i can make it to this tmw.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
for buttluvs sake people ><
seems like everyone is having issues making it. either people accidentally ask for fridar off work and get scheduled for saturday. or rides fall thru, or last minute things pop up. AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!! i know for most its not ur fault cause **** happens but its just frustrating. anyways....to those who are still showing, hope to see you all tomorrow. i will start setup at 9am and anyone is welcome to show at that point. anyone bringing equipment please show early to set up. sign ups are at 11 and i wanna try to start by 11:30 or 12 but i have a feeling people will show late thus we will have to start late. anyways cya all there.

DELPHIKI- there is absolutely no1 willing to drive you if you payed them O_O;
KFC-if ur sister cant take you either A) get on knees grab her leg and dont stop begging til she gives in or knocks u unconscience. B) get a deathgrip round her head til you pry her keys from her hands. or C) take the hopper to tracy for $1.25. i believe it picks you up from the mall in stockton and it will drop you off either EXACTLY in front of the tournament or at the bowling alley around the corner, in wich case is a 10 min walk, if that. call me for directions.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
so many people did not make it >: (
i was BARELY able to get an 8 man bracket for wii sports. 11 for smashbros. ill give full results later but this is 1st 2nd 3rd....

SSBM
1st-Meep
2nd-KFC
3rd-Kawn

Wii sports
1st and 2nd still need to play
Winners bracket finalist- Bacon (my fiance. **** she amazed me)
losers bracket finalist-Whack
3rd-Superskeetbro

i lost money because i bought so much food to sell and no1 showed so i might hold goht4 in a month or month and a half.

full brackets, matches, and scores later......

The Game II

Smash Champion
I was going to have full results on my site (Get Your Tournament), but the pictures didn't turn out. So ya. There is a write-up, and pictures and a podcast interview with matt.

A brief interview with meep to be up on Monday on the podcast section.

--GCII

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok so whack and Bacon finished there matches.

Whack came back from the losers bracket beating Bacon 3-0 of the events. the score for each events were: boxing (2-0), bowling (170-128), and tennis (3-0)

then they did another round of best out of all 5 events. Whack won again this time only 3-2 of the events. it was really really close. the scores for the events were: bowling(177-146) Bacon won, boxing (2-1) Whack but she came sooo close, golf (-1;+3) Whack, baseball (1-0) Bacon, Tennis (3-0) Whack

1st place - WHACK
2nd place- BACON
3rd place- SUPERSKEETBRO

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Brackets????

edit: If you can't get them on the comp give me them at the next SBW. But can't you just scan them or take a picture of them or something?

Top Bottom