• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GOH-T3 GreenOaks Havoc Tournament "Wii R the Champions" JAN 13th, Tracy CA

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! its time for another GOH-T! In spite of the Wii coming out nov 19th i wanted to have some Wii events as well as the definate smashbrosmelee competition. i put some suggestions further down and will most likely take a vote on what should be our alternate events. if there isnt enough interest i still encourage people to bring their Wii games just for freeplay just to see how the games are competitively this early in release. i may also include either teams or LT but the Wii events and melee singles have priority. Like always i will have concessions going with pizza soda chips and candy. i need to know who is bringing equipment. Wii's will most likely be the hardest to get since they will be brand new! i will be bringing my own since i have mine reserved. if you dont have urs reserved chances are u wont have one by then unless u camp out of bestbuy or somethin. Let me know people who can bring tvs cubes wiis and games. ill keep everyone posted as anythin new changes. hope to see you there!

WHEN: Saturday January 13th. registration at 11, events begin at 11:45.

WHERE: Green Oaks Mobile Home Park 2929 N. MacArthur Drive Tracy, CA 95376
in the office at the front of the park. will have signs at parking entrance.

PRIZES:
1st-50% entrance fees
2nd-25%
3rd-10%
This holds for all events most likely

ENTRANCE FEES:
singles:$10
Teams: $5person/$10 a team (not sure yet if having doubles)
Wii sports: $3

OTHER POSSIBLE EVENTS: (depending on time and how many people are interested)
Excite truck
metroid prime hunters (DS)
mariokart ds
SSBM Low tier

PRE-REG:
SuperSkeetBro
nu-Neo
DRT
Sega
Rat
Cam +2 or 3 guests
Killa for Cash (maybe the rest of the crew?)
Park
choknater (i think?!?!)
kawn
BattlePenquin (+ few others maybe)
Delphiki (+some of crew)
The Game II
MC Mike
The Goonie

POSSIBLE ATTENDANTS
Zoap
snap
Teamscape
hyuga
myko
vans
flamestar

RULES:
-Double Elimination
-Each Round is best 2 out of 3
-Stock set to 4 for singles
-Time set to 6 minutes
-friendly fire is on for teams
-no pausing
-teammates may steal lives.
-Items will be turned off
-in case of time running out, Who ever finishes the match with the most stock and least damage Wins.
-In the case that stock and damage are the same sudden death will be played
-In the Losers Bracket Nobody will play agianst anybody who eliminated them unless it can not be avoided. ex:final few rounds
-If a player stalls for longer than ten seconds that player will be given a warning not to stall. if the player continues he forfeits the match but not the Round.
-Any deliberate use of any glitch in the game will result in forfeit of the match but not the Round. so do not use the glitches with Mewtwo's sould stunner or the Ice Climbers freeze glitch or any other glitch like ness' yoyo glitch. accidental glitches will be determined by referees.
-no peach wallbombing or jigglypuff rising pound unless used as a recovery. if used to stall referee will tell u to stop the tactic resulting in loss of stock.
-any argument over player port is resolved by rock paper scissors
-all players are responsible for bringing his/her own controller
-any performance controllers are banned. only nintendo controllers. use wavebirds at own risk. players are responsible for co-ordinated frequencies.
-spectators may not coach any players. cheering is allowed so long as it does not get overly excessive or distracting to any players (including in other games). spectators will be given warning. if it continues the player being coached for will forfeit the match but not the round, unless of course its some jerk trying to automatically give the player a forfeit in wich case the spectator will be ejected from the facilities permanently.

STAGE/CHARACTER SELECT

-LT available characters: pichu bowser mewtwo kirby yoshi Game&Watch young link ness
-random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Yoshi's story, Rainbow Cruise
-Banned stages:Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Hyrule Castle, Termina GreatBay, venom
-Banned stages may be played if both players agree to play there except in finals and semifinals.
-all other stages not mention can be selected as counterpicks
-In each round the two opponents will play best 2 out of 3. After each player has picked a character a random stage will be selected for the first match. Loser of this match is allowed to pick the next stage. both players may change characters before the next match. If the previous loser loses again then they are sent to the losers bracket and The winner reports their win to me or any other referee. if he wins then they play one more match to detmermine the winner for that round. again the loser of the second match may select the stage and both players may switch there character. players may not switch character once both players have made there selections and made it to the stage select screen.
-any players can choose to have double blind picks. tell a referee who ur using then ur opponent does the same. you MUST stick with this character u'v selected once u tell the referee and cannot change what u tell the ref ur character is once the other player has told the ref his selection, even if u havent picked the characters on screen.
-you cannot change ur character once the stage select screen appears.

Wii sports RULES:
-Double elimination
-1 vs 1 matches only
-Miis may be used so long as it doesnt prolong the match more than 20 second (i dont want the matches being stalled over a characture)
-winners bracket round 1 and losers bracket round 1 will play tennis, set to best of 5
-winners bracket round 2 and losers bracket round 2 and 3 will
play bowling. best of 3 (not rounds but wins all together)
-Winners bracket round 3 and losers bracket round 4 and 5 will play bowling, 10 frames
-Finals and semi finals will play all 5 games (tennis is still best of 5 and bowling is best of 3 to win those events) best of those 5 games wins
-if there happens to be enough people for a 32 man bracet than winners bracket round 4 and losers bracket round 6 and 7 will play baseball, 3 innings

EQUIPMENT
3 Tv' of my own (not including any other of my friends)
2 or 3 gamecubes (maybe more from me)
3 Wii's (i know 2 other of my friend who may bring one)
3 copies of smash
plus plenty of gamecube games for freeplay and whatever Wii games i have.
havent counted what other people are bringing yet

CONTACT INFO
boug_13@yahoo.com
AIM: glitchmaster2
MSN: same as email

GENERAL RULES
-food or drinks of any kind, including water, is not allowed on the couch. pool room is completely off limits
-Nobody is to go into the kitchen area at all for any reason. Anybody seen in the kitchen will be immediately ejected from the grounds.
-Listen to all referees. Any disrespecting or disobedience with any referee will result in ejection from the grounds.
-No excessive swearing or unsportmanlike behavior. no throwing controllers or hitting any one or objects.
-no cheating of any kind.
-No coaching of players. cheering is allowed so long as it does not distract any players including ones at other stations.
-All freeplay games must be checked out by a person with a CA license. Anyone who does not have a CA license must have a friend check it out for them and their freind is responsible for the game if its damaged or stolen.
-To check out Games talk to someone running Concession.
-All TV's and Consoles are to remain on at all times with the games running, unless to switch in a different game (do so within 60 seconds)
-Only one game per station will be checked out at a time. If you want to play a different game exchange previous game with he person who checked the game out to you.
-Any stealing or damaging of other peoples equipment will result in the police being called as well as any attempts to steal prize money.
-Report any and all messes made from food or drink
-for freeplay rotation the person who checks out the game can decide wether its (in case of 4players) 4th place out; 3rd and 4th place; or 2nd 3rd and 4th place. Even the person who checks out the game must rotate if he has lost.
-in 2 player games winner stays and loser leaves. if someone wins 3 rounds in a row they must forfeit their place.
-Nobody writes ANYTHING on the rulesheets or the bracket page. this will result in forfeit of entire tourny and possible ejection.
-No argueing/fighting with other people or players wether its about a match or personal matters.
-No argueing with referees about decisions. any problems with a referees call you may report to me, SuperSkeetBro. My decision is final
-All bags are to be checked in with the one running concession.
-No going in and out of any side or back doors at all. only use the front door. This could possibly result in forfeit or ejection.
-Report any controller malfunctions to a referee as soon as it happens.
-No rough housing or shoving of any kind. will be given a warning. if it continues you will be ejected.
-No interfering with other peoples games by getting in front of TV's or disconnecting controllers. or distracting players. will be ejected, and may result in a forfeit for the battle/race.
-Do not put any memory card into any console accept the assign one. If for any reason you would like to, talk with me about it.
-Do not tamper with or delete any memory.
-Just behave and dont get outa hand. Use good judgement

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
well if you decide to show up, the crews that will most likely be there are.....S.H.I.T. (my crew), blue phoenixs from antioch, teamscape from sacremento, and probably the stockton crew as well as some people from modesto, fremont, and various other places.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
come on people! MAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR THE WII EVENTS with ur posts. as of right now its prolly just gonna be Wii sports or somethin unless u guys give better suggestions.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok just so everyone knows im gonna have sorta a garage sale type thing goin on. i get a lot of free crap like posters demos strat guides etc from my work EB, and will be selling them real cheap. strat guides will be 2 dollars. i will give a list of what i have in a few days. people can let me know what they may want to get.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
nice simna. chances are i will sell them for like $2. i know i have madden 06, 007 from russia with love, burnout revenge, everquest, starwars galaxies, stubbs the zombie, civilization 5 i think, call of duty, call of duty 2, X3 xmen movie game, and a WHOOOLLEe crapload more that i just cant remembe. i also have a scarface poster that has the entire movie script on it. a justice league heroes poster. final fantasy advant children display box. a capcom okami artlike thing that u paint with just water on this sponglike surface making an image but eventually evaporates leaving a cleanslate....have no clue what they are called but its cool. city of heroes comic mint condition. i also might have a few of my games that i dont want for sale as well.

Zoap

Smash Master
i call dibs on any pokemon strat guide u have unless its dumb like pokemon card or something lame like that.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah darkmike was doing some crazy moves after nct2 with that Master sword (which is freakin sharp and could really slice somebody in half)

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
wait when the hell did darkmike get ahold of my sword? lol i shouldnt have left it un attended so many times. ultra luigi ran off with it for a few minutes too. anyways if he was pullin some cool moves with it just wait until my lil exepition video gets put up on youtube. its freakin hilarious. i still need to find out who was the guy that taped it so i can tell him to get the vid up.

anyways as for "MY" tournament....i need to know who can bring any Wii stuff. does anybody even have it reserved. if i dont get at least like 3 Wii's going chances are im not gonna have a wii tournament or it will be very small. that doesnt mean that this event will be small just the wii part of it.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
what kinda soda and candy do people want. im getting lil ceasars pizza for sure. any paticular snacks people want me to buy that are somewhat cheap in bulk.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Seltzer water/Club soda and rice cakes. I dunno about most other people but I'm never hungry at smash tournies, I just like to have something light around usually.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
WII's ARE IN NEED...actually so are cubes and tvs.

f you have a wii please let me know if u can bring it or not. even if u dont wann bring it i wanna know at least aproximately how many people have even gotten them in case i push this tourny back a few weeks. im sure not many people are getting it right off the bat but there should be at least a few.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Ok since i havent gotten a lot of feedback on this tourny i might push it back to the first or second saturday of next month. what do people think of having it then instead of dec 2. ill still have it on dec 2 if enough people still want to but i havent heard much from people so.....lemme know

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
Which Saturday of January works best for everyone? i need to create a new date and need to have interest optimum before that date.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol just pick a random saturday and talk to people... they usually compensate and try to come. not everyone's gonna see the thread and tell you which date is the best.

post any date and i will try to come :3

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
december 2nd is the day of the sacramento biweeklies, so he would loose a lot of people attending due to that.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
CAM HOLY CRAP! you finally climbed out from under that rock u dissapeared in! nice to hear u can prolly make it. well im thinkin saturday jan 13th. Sorry zoap i couldnt have it on dec 2nd but like i felt like i was talkin to myself in the thread. still havent got any input on what game people would like as an alternate event. thanx for bringing the wii cam. who else can bring equipment. can you chok?

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
so im think jan 13th or jan 20th. what would most people prefer. also it depends on the availability of the venue, not that i think either saturday will be a problem.

STILL NEED WII'S AND SETUPS!!!

ALSO IM STARTING TO TAKE PRE-REGISTERING right now so just post here with ur email (give me a pm if u have to) and include who you are coming with and what you are bringing, and what wii event u'd like to have played.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Sign me up! My Email address is enigmaticcam@hotmail.com. I might be bringing two friends. We can all bring Wiis, if you want. I think Wii Sports would be a lot of fun. Four-player tennis rocks :)

Either day works for me.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok so we got cam and two others registered. anybody else? tomorrow i go to try and book sat the 20th or which ever day saturday lands on on that weekend.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok well i couldnt get the venue for the 20th because it was booked........by my mom -_-; for my sisters baby shower. so i booked it for the saturday the 13th. i have the venue from 9am-9pm. THATS 12 HOURS OF FUN YAAAAYY!

ok seriously now, i need everyone to pre-reg now.

iv selected Wii sports for the Wii event and it will be a 3 dollar entrance fee. Round 1 everybody plays tennis best of 5. Round 2 everyone plays boxing best of 3 (i dont mean rounds i mean best of 3 wins). Round 3 everyone plays bowling, 10 frames. if there even is a 4th roudn that ISNT the winners or losers bracket semifinals or finals, baseball will be played, 3 innings. semi-final and finals will play all 5 games (tennis best of 5 and boxing best of 3). person who wins 3 out of the 5 games wins.

remember everyone i will have concessions running as normal. lil ceasars pizza, soda, chips, and prolly red vines.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Matt, see my web site...

So there's no brawl of any sort, correct? There's three tournaments happening that day, and I have to figure out which one I'm going to report on live.

--GCII

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
GAME II when you asked if there was gonna be no brawl, did you mean a fight over whos tournament you go to? or did you mean to ask if there was gonna be no melee? because your website says im only hosting wii sports. if you could put that ssbm is in there as well thatd be kewl. as for the date it will still be the 13th as i have postponed the date once already wich i didnt want to but it had to be done. i really hope you can make it to mine as you are leaving the tournament scene very soon and will be your last goht. afterall you are the reason i started having tournaments and would be ashame not to have you there.

again i will be having SSBM singles, wii sports, and maybe one other event if time permits. i have the venue from 9am to 9pm, so if things run smoothly and i get enough help we can squeeze in all 3 events.

at this moment i want to ask if anybody can help me with set-up, making the brackets, making sure people are playing there matches, sign-ups, or just any in general help. anybody who can get there early is great so i can sorta assign a genereal job for whoever volunteers. if you do a specific job the whole day just let me know and i can give you a temporary job to do and once you just wanna relax i take it up or ask if anyone else can help. 2 or 3 people would be kewl.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
ok i need to talk to tc1 about hopefully changing the sacrement biweeklies. i dont want to compete over it. if too many people decide to go with the biweeklies instead goht3 might be postponed again. ill keep everyone updated.

SuperSkeetBro

Smash Journeyman
happy new year all!

still need those pre-reg's to come in. i need to make final preparations as it is less than 2 weeks away! hope everyone has requested time off work and foudn rides.

anyone who needs housing, my friend works at a marriot and can get you a room for 35 bucks with his employee discount. i could prolly also house 2 or 3 peeps myself if people still wanted to play afterwards.

Top Bottom