• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goast House June Edition, Cleveland, OH! Full Results and Shoutouts

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Weird results galore!
Shoutouts to goast for organizing this every time and everyone who came out and helped!

Relevant Links:
Northeast Ohio / Pittsburgh Facebook Group
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

Singles Results
Goast House Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Shrek Is Love. Shrek Is Life.
2nd
Vidjo
3rd
4%
4th
Yoso
5th
TheRealThing
5th
Minnty
7th
KittyMW
7th
Pistallion
9th
Slarti
9th
Dorito Remix
9th
Gunpunch
9th
Pat
13th
Hi, I'm Daisy
13th
Ralis
13th
Fedex Ganon
13th
Kanye Rest
17th
OU NFA Burstchurch
17th
OU Freeze
17th
EdgeGuard Jason
17th
Housewife
17th
Derf
17th
AD | Gene Parmesean
17th
Construct
17th
Jon00
25th
ButtZone
25th
Shine Kills at 0
25th
Awesome123
25th
Cupcake
25th
Morris
25th
The D
25th
Storc
25th
OU Egg Nogg
33rd
GDL | Coffemug
33rd
Church
33rd
Freky
33rd
Dreyvas
33rd
Shirt
33rd
OU Gizmo
33rd
OU Ghengis Khan
33rd
Mothers Against Drunk Driving
33rd
Dsint
33rd
OU R2
33rd
Keplar
33rd
OU Captain Ahab
33rd
Ocks

Doubles Results
[Collapse="bracket"]

[/collapse]
1: Vanz + Minnty ()
2: Pat + Vidjo ()
3: Bush Cheney 2004 (4% + Housewife) ()
4: Kitty + Yoso ()
5: Gunpunch + Derf
5: Goast + Ralis
7: Construct + Dorito Remix
7: Minority Attack
9: Pistallion + Dsint ()
9: G.O.A.T. Simulator
9: Egg Nog + Captain Ahab
9: Awesome123 +Morris
13: Freky + Shirt
13: 69 420 Blaze it (Kanye + The D) ()
13: OU Ghengis Khan + OU Gizmo
13: Slarti + Dedicated Spirit
17: OU R2 + OU No Fun Allowed

Shatter (July 19th, Melee) in Waterville, OH
http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-19-2014-shatter-smash-at-glass-city-waterville-oh.352205/

ASSHAT 2 (July 26th, Melee) in Ashtabula, OH
http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-26-2014-a-s-s-h-a-t-ashtabula-oh.355709/

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
aight shoutouts:

1. VaNz - jaden I love you.
2. Vidjo - I'm really pumped to have seen you at two tournaments in the same week. that beats your record for the last 4 years or something.
3. 4% - dave you got this next time man. I believe in you! Always great seeing you, I always gotchyo back
4. Dempt - nice job at this tourney matt, always good to see you place high.
5. TheRealThing - you keep surprising me man! Come to more stuff.
5. Minnty - always great to see you chase!
7. Kittymw - dude I'm gonna miss you when you're gone :'(
7. Pistallion - I always like seeing your marth, I'm gonna beat you next time though, I feel it in mah bones.
9 . slarts - uuuuh what are you doing placing so high...
9. Dorito Remix - wtf how did you place this high. Stop playing luigi so I can beat you.
9. Gunpunch - STEEEEEEVE. I love seeing you man, we need to team again sometime, we were doin' work.
9. Pat - you're the ****ing homie and I love you.
13. Jaiye - you could have placed higher than this. I blame it on daisy.
13. Ralis - peter you could have definitely placed higher than this.
13. Fedex - dude you know I've always got your back, life happens.
13. KRest - Eliiii good **** man, I always love seeing you.
17. OU kids - Thanks for coming out guys! it was great meeting you!
17. Housewife - Anna stop letting **** get to you. You're good, but you need to work on your mentality, that's the only thing holding you back right now.
17. Derfmw - what are you doing placing so low?? You did a better job in your bad MUs than normal though, so whatever.
17. Ders - andy stop thinking you can just leave tournaments.
17. Construct - good stuff man, always good to see you at things.
17. big jon - BIIIIGGG JOOOOOOOOONNNN.
25. Buttzone - I love you jonas, thanks for coming out to this.
25. Skyson - 2ny.
25. A123 - mike you're the homie, stop getting mad about stuff.
25. cupcake - good job man, keep working on that fox!
25. Morris - stop playing luigi.
25. The D - josh come to more tournaments. I love you.
25. OU kid - thanks for coming man!
33. Cmug - josh you're the best! Definitely best active TO in our region.
33. church - good seeing you man!
33. freky - stop beating yourself up, that mentality doesn't do **** for anyone.
33. dreyvas - good seeing you again man!
33. OU kids - thanks a bunch for coming out guys!
33. Gmama - mark you're the homie, thanks again for hosting these man, don't know what our scene would do without you!
33. dsint - you're getting better man, you'll be ranking higher in no time.

--::To all the OU kids: I can't put names to faces lmao, but thanks to all of you for coming out, it was great meeting you all!::--

also shoutouts to NWOH for flaking :p

Last edited:

Freky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frekydelic
Had a really tough time in bracket (now looking at the full results I'm a bit less bummed at my spot; went 0-2 to Freeze who finished t-17th and Dorito Remix who finish t-9th), but I think I'm over it. This tournament was definitely a learning experience for me, something I think I really needed. Came into this tournament expecting to win 2-3 games, and I got a reality check. A couple of months "on hiatus" doesn't help your game. Found a lot of holes in my game, hopefully will patch those up by the time Shatter comes around(if I can make it out). Still a really fun tournament!! Goast House is always my favorite series because of how laid back and chill it all is. Only problem imo was it ran a little late, but it's no huge deal for me personally. Thanks to everyone who came out; despite my angry demeanor all day, I had a great time! Can't wait for the next one.

Shoutouts:
Dorito Remix: Sorry I kinda raged after our set, if you noticed that. I was having a really hard day, and a R1 loss kinda compounded that. I really like your Luigi; after I played you I was not surprised to see you get 9th. Come to more tournies, I'd love to play you again!
Freeze: For making me realize how good Metaknight is in PM. O_O Also, loved our set. Again, wish I could've played a little better, but stuff happens.
Shirt: Don't sweat going 0-2 in doubles. We had a tough bracket. You were a good teammate, despite a couple of SDs here and there. Just takes some practice! Wouldn't mind teaming up with you again if we get the chance.
Dempt: Thanks for the advice about my Marth. Definitely something I need to work on, I can tell looking back at my sets.
KittyMW: For being the homie and getting 7th. Nice work. Hopefully I'll make it to Shatter so I can give you a proper goodbye!
Everyone from OU: 3 hour drive for a monthly is what I call dedication to your craft. You guys were really cool, come to more NEOH tournaments!
Jaiye, Skyson, and everyone else who played PM: I need to get better at that game. :p Really enjoyed it!
Ralis: Yo, I didn't even know you were so good at chess. I'll try to respond to more of your likes on my statuses on FB. :D
Goast: The fact you're still giving me rides home from these things is amazing. You are the best, seriously. Also, fun tournament! Keep that venue forever.
CoffeeMug: Best TO OH. Best TO NA?
Everyone else: Fun tournament. Hopefully I'll see you all at Shatter!

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
hey guys made a new account so it matches my tag unlike my old one...
i went to goast houses back before i went to college, so i haven't been here in a while, so i dont know many of you.

shoutouts:
floppieD (didnt enter) - thanks for driving me and construct... my car broke down while i was taking it to get fixed a couple days after the tourny
minnty - ima getchoo next time...
housewife - good ****. just gotta work on a few things and you'll 2-0 me in no time
freky - yeah its cool man. nice playin with you
derf - nice playing and talking with you. took me a while but i realized i actually know you from around the forums... i kept thinking *why do i keep thinking of the word midwest after i say derf* lol... that IC matchup jeeze lol

i'll be in the area until august 18, so i'll probably only be at one more goast house until i find a chance to sneak back here from college again.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
derf - nice playing and talking with you. took me a while but i realized i actually know you from around the forums... i kept thinking *why do i keep thinking of the word midwest after i say derf* lol... that IC matchup jeeze lol
yeah man you're the homie, it's a rooooough matchup for both characters.
Sorry if there was a little salt in the air after our set, it wasn't personal, left a bad taste in my mouth and didn't get to apologize for it at the tourney.
Also noticed you're from rochester, our boy @ ShroudedOne ShroudedOne went to school there for awhile.

Also @ Freky Freky dude I'm gonna tell you like it is, I told anna the same thing, and I had this same problem and still try to work on it:
You gotta stop letting that ego get in the way. It doesn't do **** for you.
when I let my ego get too big, I get mad pissed when I lose and it stops me from learning anything.
You never deserve to win a match, you gotta earn it.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Derf types in white and I have to highlight it to read it cause of my smashboards layout. the struggle is real T-T

100% agree with ego comments. once I started viewing every tournament win as something I had to earn instead of viewing stuff as free, I noticed improvement.

But I played bad LOL made so many mistakes and technical errors so I probably looked like a scrub.

Shoutouts to ghengis khan, who probably would have beat me if I didn't notice that he didn't know some jigs tech and his partner who was very good for being new
also NFA: I didn't have much fun in our set, you win this round. I was playing on tilt :/ I'll give you the real falcon next time.
Jaiye: I might quit falcon dittoes forever now. G+W here I come.
Bracket seeding: I am sorry :(
Bracket: you are a cruel mistress

OU|NFA

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts:

Goast- Thanks for organizing a great event. I told you this in person but again It was my first time coming out to one of these and I think it was really well done.
Coffeemug-I look forward to your real falcon. I will always accept any rematches/friendlies. I plan on going to Shatter and A.S.S.H.A.T. at least, so bring it. Also great job as TO.
VaNz- Thanks for taking the time to teach me some ICs. I feel like I learned a lot getting wrecked(Shreked?) by you, and I will definitely work on implementing what we talked about and improving in general.
Derf- It was cool meeting another IC main, I feel like there aren't many of us around these parts (or anywhere). Your advice on the Peach match-up really helped in my match with ShroudedOne. How do you feel about an IC doubles team in the future (LOL)? Also I only resent being referred to as "OU kids" a little bit.
ShroudedOne- Our match was really close, I plan on getting better before our next encounter so watch out.
Awesome123- You couldn't have stayed Falcon? Seriously though, good games man.
Kanye- Great job putting Nawg in his place lol. I look forward to seeing how the OU crew grows with you around, but you better start repping us more once you start classes.

I think that covers it. It was cool meeting everyone and I look forward to going to more of these in the future. Maybe someday I'll get good and place higher than 17th.

Top Bottom