• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gnes vs Dojo/Razer at FS6.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Pummel... please!
^THIS!!!! I mean, there was one part in there where Gnes grabbed Dojo and THOUGHT about what to do, and in this time, he stood there, and did not pummel. He didn't pummel once in the whole set.

Other than that, pretty solid. I noticed a lot more of Dojo's flaws, but that's widely due to the fact that despite my intimate knowledge of Diddy Kong, I know MK like a wife.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Pummeling with Diddy is something important to remember. You do realize that pummeling goes towards you refreshing your moves when they get diminished? Which is important for Diddy because he has a hard time killing especially when they get diminished.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Sigh, more Diddy players need to use Jab.

Uh, I watched the set with Razer. He got *****. Spot dodging habit is terrible, which is why I'm so mad at Dojo for getting wrecked so hard. The VERY FIRST THING I NOTICED WHEN WATCHING R1 VS DOJO was that this guy was wearing a sign that says "Will spot dodge for money." If I was Dojo or Razer I would've bribed the **** outta him. Part of the reason he did so well against Dojo (I mean, aside from being moderately talented), is that Dojo relies on Dsmash a lot, which does allow you to rack up more damage off an edgeguard, but nerfs MK's limited killing power (and Dojo doesn't seem to fully understand Diddy's recovery). I'm surprised Razer didn't pick up on this, and just hold a on the monkey, but it's cool, because Snake's options hurt spot dodge pretty hard regardless.

More Diddy players need to learn how to actually use Jab.

Gnes

Smash Master
yeah i forgot in the "heat of the moment". I did it vs Razer but yeah...

HOW DARE U POST THE VIDS HYLIAN!!!!!!! :)

edit:pierce...r u talking about my spotdodging...or razer? my defensive option i used was rolling which i obviously could have used less but spotdodging...hmmm

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
YOURS! OMG I thought you were trying to blend into the background with that much spot dodge. In the first video, I was like "Oh, he's a spot dodged" right away, because at 7 seconds, you followed up banana toss with spot dodge and I face palmed. Against Razer, I distinctly recall you hitting Razer OFF THE STAGE, AND HE'S NO WHERE NEAR YOU AND YOU SPOT DODGE. That was the second Facepalm. Throughout the whole set vs. Dojo, I was waiting for him to just call you on the spot dodge, and hit you with Nado, Ftilt, or Nair.

Fortunately for you, Dojo doesn't know about Glide toss forward and throw the banana down at your feet like Diddy players do to beat out both shield and spot dodge, or you would've been in trouble.

Here's what you need to do: Find a Marth player in your region who is competant, and fight them a lot. Dancing Blade weens people off spot dodge real quick.

Count

Smash Champion
Here is all the help I can offer up and I don't know if it will even help since I'm so much worse than you.

I know this is easier said than done against a player the caliber of dojo, but mix up your recovery better.

B reversal is bad if overused I know, but I don't think I saw one the entire match. I think if you shorten it to one a match or set that could safely land you to the ground against mk, and that one safe landing could've been the difference in the set against dojo. Try using fair sometimes too when dropping down, I'm not sure if I saw any of that.

Ugh thats about all of the useless information I can offer up. You're amazing, maybe my new favorite diddy to watch. Your banana control was impressive especially against dojo who is also a diddy player. I can only remember one time you lost control of them, at the end of the third match.

I've watched the set vs razer but not studied it yet, let me know if any of that helps. It probably doesn't =/.

Gnes

Smash Master
Okay pierce i finally saw what u were talking about...firstly...i have no idea what i was thinking on the first minutes of that clip. Maybe it was nervousness...idk...but as the matches with Dojo went on i played smarter. I didnt see that MOMENT WITH RAZER!!!! LINK OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN LOL.

Also i play Roy_R, and yes i beat him. Usually i dont have that problem but whatever.:)

Count i thought about that after i watch the set, and ill be sure to use it. Of course its not like its not common sense, but as i said i seem to forget stuff in the heat of the match. Its one of my biggest struggles as a player.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Lol I was on the same wavelength with Pierce on those spotdodges gnes ;P

You just seemed a bit nervous, since you were taking damage but not giving it back, then you started to tie it back up and bring the matches closer.

Good **** man, if you don't have a partner for HOBO 17, I'm thinking we may need to double Diddy ;)

Top Bottom