• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Sheik

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see a lot of good threads (minus Gimpy's -_-)...though I have a feeling some are out of date or could use some sprucing. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit. If you have any opinions or questions, I'd be happy to hear them :)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I agree wholeheartedly that the Sheik guide (and therefore Zelda guide) really need some updating.

In all honesty, though, I really have no intention or inclination to keep it updated anymore after certain... developments... in the boards. If anyone wants to take it over, feel free. You can PM me or something if you want me to send you a text version of the guide.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, Virg.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Oh, that's more than fine. I'm just here to spark discussion, not to be the fore runner in all conversation.

If you have conflicts or whatnot, that's fine. This is all voluntary stuff.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sinking's guide is one of the better guides i've seen on the boards and I see no reason to update it, there really isn't much of anything else that could be put into it. It covers Sheik completely.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
If you guys feel the guides are completely updated, then there really isn't a reason too. However, possibly reformatting or combining other stickied threads may be an option. All up to you guys, though.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Thank you marsulas, but it at least needs to be refurbished. It can be somewhat difficult to follow.

There have been some new developments in Sheik's game play over the last few months, none of which are included in the original post.

As far as I know, no major combos or ATs have been found though, so it won't be anything drastic.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Oh and also I would have to disagree with one the Gimpy thread Virg.......you wouldn't believe how many threads about Sheiks gender that we had to put up with around here.

I remember last summer one month we had like 5 different threads about it.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
It's Virg! Time to Write With Your Pow-... wait never mind.

Oh and also I would have to disagree with one the Gimpy thread Virg.......you wouldn't believe how many threads about Sheiks gender that we had to put up with around here.

I remember last summer one month we had like 5 different threads about it.
I definitely don't remember that. I personally don't see the need for that stickied topic.

I do think the guide needs to be updated though. I'm sure we can pull from other guides to make one complete guide. I no one steps up to take it, as a last resort I will.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It's Virg! Time to Write With Your Pow-... wait never mind.

I definitely don't remember that. I personally don't see the need for that stickied topic.

I do think the guide needs to be updated though. I'm sure we can pull from other guides to make one complete guide. I no one steps up to take it, as a last resort I will.
It was pretty bad, I'm glad he made it and although I'm not a big fan of guides I'll chip in what I know about sheik here in there when needed.

Top Bottom