• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Samus

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see a lot of good threads that are relatively kept up to date. Though I'm sure some home cleaning could still be used... But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit. If you have any opinions or questions, I'd be happy to hear them :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If I'm reading that correctly, I believe I made a suggestion like this before here in the Samus room, and people didn't want it.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well, if no one wants to change it or think it needs changing, I'm not going to make people. it's all your guys' prerogative.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
dryn's playing with fire here....
Waaait. What? give us an example :S like do you mean just a fancy unity thread??

or like all the stickies looking more beautiful?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Some boards have decided that they'll have a Table of Contents thread and it's the only one (or nearly only one) stickied. If it's easy to navigate, that's no problem at all. The thing is, are the links in it updated/deserve to be there?

And being able to navigate them easily is valuable.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Some boards have decided that they'll have a Table of Contents thread and it's the only one (or nearly only one) stickied. If it's easy to navigate, that's no problem at all. The thing is, are the links in it updated/deserve to be there?

And being able to navigate them easily is valuable.
So, it's a compendium you're talking about? If so, I also made one of those, but someone wanted me to remove it.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
It can be. It can just be stickied posts. but I'd like for it to be some what current and easily navigable.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The only reason I asked for the compendium thread to be deleted is because no one was really paying attention to it. It was always at the bottom of the sticky list because no one could reply to it.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The only reason I asked for the compendium thread to be deleted is because no one was really paying attention to it. It was always at the bottom of the sticky list because no one could reply to it.
I was talking about somebody else, actually. >.>;

DeadDisco

Smash Cadet
We can easily solve Dryn's compendium thread; all we would have to do is unsticky the rest. Or... we can do it the hard way and create even more several sub-forums dividing into categories such as :

Database - Smash Researchers should only be able to create threads.To keep random new info spilling in (lawl....) Discovery/Submissions Thread with a couple of mods/searchers whom would volunteer to oversee it.

Brawler Opinions: Brawlers whom would like to discuss about the Character of the forum.

I can't say I can stand by my post firmly without any experience with forum that is viewed daily by hundreds and thousands, but this is what I believe could make the forums alot more organized and save those whom forget the Search Bar.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I dunno, I'm sitting on the fence, I can see it being cool, but honestly what would we talk about in the thread that had links to the useful samus threads? or would that thread be locked and remain the only stickied thread?

err actually I don't really think this is a good idea, Have you ever seen how many posts we samus mains post here? If I had to guess tops 20 a day. and rarely are they in the useful threads, thus if the useful threads got un-stickied, they'd be on page 2. I highly doubt this idea will encourage more people to try learning samus.

HOWEVER

If more than half the char boards did this and only had 1 stickied thread that was locked and had all of the important threads linked to OP, then yes I'd say do it, but right now people enjoy the mess.

Good Idea Virgilijus, but i think there needs to be more char boards saying yes, then we'll follow suit.
IMO

Virgilijus

BRoomer
If not enough of you guys agree, that's your guys choice. I'm just here to help if you want to. That said, some one should tally the "yes"'s and "no"'s.

Top Bottom