• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Bowser

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see that you guys have a decent guide that was created back in March and have no idea how things have changed since then. Nonetheless, you guys have about 10 stickies at the moment and think it may be a little superfluous to at least have them all separate. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit :)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
So you just want us to put all the stickies in one giant guide...?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Not quite. Essentially, re-evaluate all the stickies: are the guides good? are the redundant? Can some be combined? Are some updated regularly? Are some even worth being up there?

If you guys want to make any changes and revamp the stickies, now's the chance to get it all done and make it more user firendly :)

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
this is the bowser boards

what happens here, stays here, and dies about two weeks later

changing around the stickies won't help so much as someone generating more interest in the character in general/using him in tournament

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser boards don't need organization. It's not like anyone reads the threads here anyway. lol

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Somehting I found about Bowser that could be useful to his game.

Ugh, I do need to update my guide, but other than that, ditto everyone else.
I found something that most people should know about by now. It involves SHAD and the C-stick. You pull a SHAD off at the same time that you jump, then AC a Reverse F-Smash. If you're wondering what this has to do with Bowser's game, the momentum from the SHAD makes Bowser slide backward a short distance (Like a quarter to one box.) Back-Stepping a F-Smash could be helpful too.

B!squick

Smash Master
Lol, I don't know if it's the same thing, but today I noticed that if you're facing right and jump just before rolling right (so it's a quick AD) and keep holding right, Bowser just sorta... ends up further to the right when he lands than you would expect.

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
I love it here, we went from this:

Global Character Guides - Bowser
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see that you guys have a decent guide that was created back in March and have no idea how things have changed since then. Nonetheless, you guys have about 10 stickies at the moment and think it may be a little superfluous to at least have them all separate. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit
to this:
Lol, I don't know if it's the same thing, but today I noticed that if you're facing right and jump just before rolling right (so it's a quick AD) and keep holding right, Bowser just sorta... ends up further to the right when he lands than you would expect.
good luck Virgilijus!

TakaSentou

Smash Rookie
i dont no if it helps but i used 2 play bowser and i no that what beren had said may be of uze. or not

Riddle

Smash Lord
I'm quite interested in improving and contributing to the Bowser boards. I have already offered to write the summaries for the Bowser mathup thread for MrEh (no reply yet). I would also be willing to do anything else that could be of use to the boards, like cleaning up the stickies.

I will do anything in my power to make these boards a better place, so if anyone has any suggestions then PM me or write something in this thread.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Second rule of the bowser boards...

No, but seriously- I would love to see the bowser boards all pristine and neat. Sadly, I don't think there is much motivation since there are about 15 of us in total, and we don't need whole threads or re-vamps to find out what we need to since we can just ask whoever personally.

On the other hand, we could always get rid of all our stickies, info and matchup threads and then INSIST that bowser is top tier.

New AT. Itsa secret ;O

Riddle

Smash Lord
Yeah, Bowser boards is like the board with the least activity of any character specific board. We really need to revamp it too we have 9 stickies and a lot of them are somewhat out of date. The matchup thread is hardly being updated at all, we are on matchup 30 and not even the first matchup has been summarized. What we need more than a revamp is more bowser mainers.

On the other hand, we could always get rid of all our stickies, info and matchup threads and then INSIST that bowser is top tier.

New AT. Itsa secret ;O
Haha, this is how we should get new mainers. Go tell people that bowser has crazy AT's, combos, and a 65-35 matchup against all the top tiers.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I can combine any of the current stickies into anything, and I suppose we can go from there.

I have no idea what to do about the matchup thread. I'm TERRIBLE at those- All I can ever muster is anecdotal evidence, and on top of that, I'm not a particularly technical player...

Riddle

Smash Lord
I think the problem with the matchup thread is not as much the contributions as the running of it. I would be happy to run it thugh if MrEh gave me permission.

Top Bottom