• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glide Cancell

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Do any other MK users out there use or know about hitting the jump button to cancel out a glide? :confused:

Every video Iv seen of a good MK user, they always either use the sword attack or just hit the ground to cancell out the glide. If you hit the jump button, mk will just roll out of the sky and land fine.

I find this better b/c it doesnt bring unnessasary lag like the other 2 methods Iv seen. You can land and immediatly use a down smash or whatever you need to.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, iv just never seen another MK useing this and figured you all should know.

Roager

Smash Ace
I know about it. But the sword is better. It's faster coming out, and has no lag upon landing, assuming the timings done right. I mean NO lag. Not just none in addition to landing lag. NO lag.

EDIT: also, if things go well, this can lead to a waveglide. He'll keep his forward momentum, and slide laglessly across the ground. Pretty slick.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I agree the sword is best... Why? Because...

1. No lag if angled right.
2. Your jump cancel might not always work if you don't have any jumps left and suffers mild lag of the wings folding in animation
3. the B canceled landing lags because of the MK bumping his face into the ground and back up animation
4. The colliding into the ground without any cancelling is just terrible...
5. The sword if it contacts the opponents at a low percentage can follow up with a d- smash or u - smash since the small sliding effect can boost contact range...
6. The sword can kill
7. if angled and spaced right it is hard to punish

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Do any other MK users out there use or know about hitting the jump button to cancel out a glide? :confused:

Every video Iv seen of a good MK user, they always either use the sword attack or just hit the ground to cancell out the glide. If you hit the jump button, mk will just roll out of the sky and land fine.

I find this better b/c it doesnt bring unnessasary lag like the other 2 methods Iv seen. You can land and immediatly use a down smash or whatever you need to.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, iv just never seen another MK useing this and figured you all should know.
Most people press B to cancel out of a glide. I see lots of MKs do this.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Personally i already made a topic of this in the Pit Furom as glide canceling tactic. But good players will shield grab your glide attack. Trust me i do that a lot. With glide canceling you can stop with Zero lag in front of your opponent and Down smash or Fsmash. Me having one of the fastest Fsmashes in the game I use Fsmash but most people try to grab, experiment with it if you keep getting grabbed and glide cancel on the ground with a smash attack to catch people off guard.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171202

Btw can anyone tell me if MK can glide shift?

kirbenjie69

Smash Rookie
So wait do you guys ever use the Up-b attack to glide? or do you only use it to attack?

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
I'm not talking about stoppin gthe glide right in your opponents face "HI! HIt me!" no lol I use A in that situation too, I mean when you're halfway across the stage and especially when you're useing shuttle loop to edge guard. I just have seen people useing it everytime they land and never understood it.

The one thing I'm completly against is inclining upward to get back on stage....how is that better than B cancell?

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Both depends on the situation. When you've been knocked back from your first glide then the only choise you have is upb.
I agree it really depends on the situation... but on the other note... You don't have to hit someone with the glide attack but in the end glide attack at ground level has no lag (only after effect is sliding on the ground for a certain distance)... and yes glide canceling does have slight lag (the wings folding into the cape animation)

Top Bottom