• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glen Burnie, Maryland: C-stick Mania a Brawl/Project M tourney

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Brawl singles ($5 entry):
1. Logic :olimar: :metaknight: ($39)
2. Seagull Joe :wolf: :metaknight: :bowser2: ($19)
3. Luckay :pit: ($7)
4. Lie :diddy:
5. Tantalus :metaknight:
5. Tc1 :gw: :metaknight: :diddy:
7. EE :snake:
7. JJvirus :rob:
9. Kyle :random:
9. Jrugs :snake:
9. Soul :snake:
9. Lite :random:
13. False :peach:

Brawl Mid Tier Singles (Top 2 Payout. $5 entry.):
1. Seagull Joe :bowser2: :wolf:($25) Split in GF's
2. Luckay :pit: :peach:($25) Split in GF's
3. Tc1 :sheilda: :gw:
4. Tantalus :gw: :rob:
5. Funbun :rob:
5. False :peach:
7. Zade :fox:
7. Reslived :ness2:
9. Soul :wolf:
9. Kyle :rob:

Project M Doubles (Round robin):
1. Jcaesar :mario2:/:marth: and CMart :bowser2: ($35) 4-0
2. Hat :sheik:/:falcon: and DOSV :fox: ($10) 3-1
3. Turbo :dedede: and JSP :ike: ($5) 2-2
4. JJvirus :rob: and Remo :falcon: 1-3
5. 9K :dedede:/:pikachu2: and CTL :jigglypuff:/:falcon: 0-4

Project M Singles ($10 entry):
1. Hat :sheik: :falcon:($60)
2. CTL :luigi2: :dk2: :falcon: ($30)
3. DOSV :fox: :wolf: :falco: ($10)
4. Remo :falcon: :wario:
5. CMart :bowser2: :gw:
5. JCaesar :mario2: :marth:
7. JSP :ike:
7. 9K :dedede:
9. JJvirus :rob:
9. Turbo :dedede:

:018:

CTL17

Smash Lord
Good games, everyone. Played a little lame in the middle, but somehow kept going.

Hand Slap is dumb

Joe are you going to put Project M in the title as well?

reslived

Smash Apprentice
For future reference Zade mains Fox and Funbun mains ROB. Dunno who lite played in the tourney but he played a lot of Marth in friendlies

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Good **** to Luckay beating Lie. .- . Joe stop losing to lolimar
:olimar: is broken yo. I died at 69% from a purple Usmash. I grabbed :olimar: on the tree with a dash and just did nothing because we both slammed into the tree so it grab broke. Then I died from the Usmash.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Shoutouts for having each line have "for" as the second word. 4 is death.

EE for finding this awesome place. Great merchandise and old games to browse.
Tant for running brackets
Seagull for driving me in short notice.

HAT for being a tier above everyone else. I'll punish your spotdodges next time.
DosV for not knowing what to do about earthquakes.
Remo for many close matches in every set.
JCaesar for tossing my sandbag.
9k+1 for teaming. Yeah, perhaps we should just do what we're good at. Friendlies.
Turbo for not having directional Waddle Dees. We'll try again in 2.5

JSP for talking about life
JJVirus for a small reunion

Luckay for notifying CP Brawlers.

SupremoRemo

Smash Cadet
Thanks for welcoming me in. It was a lot of fun!

Hat - We never got to do a set of friendlies, but it was still fun getting whooped by your Sheik I guess.
CTL - Mmmm Captain Falcon dittos ftw. Great games man. Gotta play again sometime.
DOSV - Your shine game is too good for me man. Good games!
CMart - Your Bowser still amazes me.
JCaesar - You already know. Dat dollar.
JSP - Sweet Ike man. Let's do Ike dittos next time. If you're in that is.
9K - Thanks for eating Chick Fila with us, I guess haha.
JJvirus - Thanks for sleepin on my couch tonight. I needed the company
Turbo - Nice beard man.

Shoutouts to Tantalus and EE for hostin this. Great first experience! Definitely doing this again.

-SupremoRemo-

1 John 3:18

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Should've beat lie and tc. Especially lie, he wasn't playing that well today. Oh well, try again next time...

Joe and Phil, that last smashfest really helped me improve. We should play more often.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm just proud I beat people legit with my :bowser2: in both MT and regular singles. For all you shield loving peepz, :bowser2: will give you nightmares.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Lie - GGs
EE, Tantalus - Thanks for hosting and running the tournament, guys. I had a good day :)
Tc1 - GGs. Should've CP'd Lylat instead of Frigate, but it's all good. 'Twas fun.
Kyle - GGs.
Soul - GGs.
CTL - Nice seein' ya again! I loved watching all of your characters play. MM next time, maybe? :p
Remo - Hope you enjoyed your first tournament! Hopefully your next one will have more than ten people in bracket. XD And stop killing me in teams. <.<Falcon Punch is a no no
CMart - Dat Bowser!
JCaesar - ROBros re-unite! :3 Great seein' ya again, man. I'll work on my ROB. :p I thank you and 9K for showing me some trixies.
JSP - MM $10 ROB vs. Ike next time we meet? I'm almost certain the only reason I lost that set was because I went Lucario second game. I'll get you next time. GGs.
9K - *complains about controller screwing up for the 9001st time* But nah. You would've won the set either way with D3. GGs. Nice guy!
JJvirus - Learn L-Canceling.
Turbo - Yeah, nice beard. :p D3 was solid too.

Thanks again for yesterday, everyone.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
L-cancelling is a cinch JJ. If you want to learn it proficiently, play smash 64 link with a gc controller and L cancel dairs with link without shielding until you have it perfect. It will be come reaction after that.

It will actually mess you up in brawl, as you'll try to do it in that. Although, I feel like that won't bother you at all.

Next even will be Melee/P:M as we mentioned, as Phil Joe and I are the only hosts, we can coordinate brawl and melee events accordingly. I think a good plan will be joe hosting brawl, phil hosting melee, and me hosting the combo events at CP.

Twas a lot of fun, can't wait for the next one. I think Brawl PR season is ending now as well, so stay tuned.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
EE - Thanks for hosting, and finding this venue! Turnout could've been better if VA hadn't *****ed out and if there hadn't been a major East Coast Melee tourney the same day. Looking forward to the next one.
Tant - Thanks for running things. When's the next CP tourney?
1. Hat - Good **** winning and ****. Glad to see you're into this game.
2. CTL - Where'd all the sand go? Seriously good **** on 2nd. Mario vs Luigi is jank as hell.
3. DOSV - You practiced and it showed. Good stuff. Melee top tiers will forever be my Achilles' heel. But just wait until 2.5 comes out and I get my ROB back.
4. Remo - Great stuff for your first tourney. Color me impressed. Watch some videos and put in the practice and you can only improve from here. Then you can try and win your doller back ;)
5. CMart - Our team gets better with every tournament. Chu+Boss, Vist+Nintendude, watch out!
5. JCaesar - Your Marth isn't as good as you think it is. Stop trying it against Melee players. Pick Link back up, he's stupid good.
7. JSP - That Ike is definitely getting dangerous. Just keep working at it.
7. 9K - You know, if you tried for an entire set, you could score some major upsets. Take some tips from CTL on that subject. And stay DDD.
9. JJvirus - Nice seeing you again man. Talk more! And keep practicing ROB. If you guys ever wanna come up one weekend, you can try out 2.5 ROB. He's a beast.
9. Turbo - Just shake off that rust man. And I gotta hop on that beard bandwagon.

Project M tourney/mm videos will go up on my channel sometime today hopefully.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'm just proud I beat people legit with my :bowser2: in both MT and regular singles. For all you shield loving peepz, :bowser2: will give you nightmares.

Good ****, Joe! Teach 'em to fear the Klaw!

I should follow your example and only use Bowser sparingly in regular singles. These days, most of NC's players are too savvy to fall for my shenanigans, and shenanigans are pretty much all Bowser has against top tier characters. :p

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Good ****, Joe! Teach 'em to fear the Klaw!

I should follow your example and only use Bowser sparingly in regular singles. These days, most of NC's players are too savvy to fall for my shenanigans, and shenanigans are pretty much all Bowser has against top tier characters. :p
Watch their reactions. :bowser2: can beat any character that isn't :popo:/:olimar:/:yoshi2: if you play off their reactions. :dedede: is very winnable as long as the infinite isn't legal.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
joe are you allowed to complain about characters when mk gets you your wins?
Yes I am. :metaknight: isn't nearly as hard to approach/kill compared to :olimar:. He doesn't make me stay in a lasting hitbox because I clashed with another object (Pikmin). His shield is worst. He can't option select with a super armor move and then punish me afterwards.

And I used :wolf: in every set and won at least a round except vs you.

If I polled 100 smashers I'm sure 9/10 would say they do NOT like fighting :olimar: because he's so dumb -.-...I may not be bad vs :olimar:s that aren't you, but I'll keep working on the matchup as a whole.

reslived

Smash Apprentice
@Joe if you have trouble with the mk-oilmar matchup, M2K wrote this mega-guide on that matchup on the "clash tournaments" website. Really interesting read. Feels weird to see what he thinks about.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
Damn that was harsh. :happysheep:

Joe how exactly is MK easier to approach than Olimar? Olimar's priority is a lot worse and his options are a tad more linear. :happysheep:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Damn that was harsh. :happysheep:

Joe how exactly is MK easier to approach than Olimar? Olimar's priority is a lot worse and his options are a tad more linear. :happysheep:
You don't need to approach :metaknight:. You need to approach :olimar:.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
1. Logic ($39) - Ggs, will probably never use pikachu on your olimar in tourney again lol. I must have forgotten how to play the matchup because I made rookie mistakes. Good job beating Joe tho.
2. Seagull Joe ($19) - I wanted to beat you, but oh well. Had half a mind to play out the mid tiers grands set, but would rather just have a little more fun then go home. And olimar is not better than mk lol, Logic just has you downloaded.
3. Luckay ($7) - That luckay 7 bucks
4. Lie - Ggs our set, could tell you were messing up a lot though.
5. Tantalus - You could have beaten tc1
5. Tc1 - First game I played at this was vs you in tourney and I still won without any warmups lol. I love how when you were up 2-1 in LF of midtiers you thought you won a 2/3 you shook my hand and I trollishly accepted, but when I told you it was 3/5 and won the next 2 games you didn't bump fists lmao
7. EE - Nice tournament, thought the turnout would be much bigger tho. VA and PA flakers.
9. Kyle - Nice seeing you again, we didn't get to duel tho!
9. Jrugs - Nice seeing you too, sorry our only friendly got interrupted lol
9. Soul - Nice duel we had

Ben, Haider, Devin - Thanks for coming out, guys. Hope you all had fun, good to see new talent in the tournament scene. Sorry about my idiot self driving home making us go through a toll lol.

Ctl - Nice seeing you again too, wish I could have played project melee :(

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I never said :olimar:>:metaknight:. I said :olimar: is more annoying to fight in general. Who would disagree with that statement who doesn't use :falco:/:popo:?

Top Bottom