• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giving every Smash fighter an alternate theme (songs not already in Smash)

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
So people on YouTube do these videos of giving each Smash fighter a suiting song as their theme, I'm fond of at least this particular variation that does it with Disney character songs. So I had a neat idea of doing that with official music for the franchises, but that which is not already a part of Smash. The only problem is that a lot of the fighters/franchises I don't know much about to give them justice in neat deep cut song picks, not to mention I'd rather not have several of them fall into the same "it's the song from their TV show or movie!" trap. So why not just make it a topic discussion?

The only rules are that it has to be some level of an official song for the franchise/character (so sadly no Ken Ashcorp's Crazy Chicks for Robin, amongst other ideas I have) and it cannot already be audible in a Smash game or trailer. To clarify, a song arrangement that's in Smash is off the table, but a different arrangement of the same composition that's not in Smash is fair game. So Smash's remixes of the Ice Climber music are not eligible, but PiCTOBiTS's takes on it that never touched Smash are fine. Though I realise this may leave little room for such small franchises like ROB and Wii Fit... There may also be songs that are a bit short or not normally looped to be stage music in a Smash game without being remixed/edited, though songs with a less energetic tone are still precedented in Smash proper if less favoured by Ultimate.

Picks of mine:

#1 Mario - Do the Mario (The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!)
IDK if the show's theme song could also work, as it's technically the Mario brothers' song rather than Mario's.
#2 Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong Country Theme Song
Had to have some music from the CGI cartoon in here somewhere.
#4ε Dark Samus - Dark Samus Theme (Metroid Prime Series)
This was an obvious choice, even if I'm only familiar with the song because it was used in these weird Y2K After Effects YouTube videos back in the day.
#5 Yoshi - Mushroom BGM (Mario & Yoshi, Game Boy)
The NES version is a Masterpiece in Smash 4, so that music is technically already in Smash. Good thing I'm accustomed to the Game Boy version.
#6 Kirby - Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
If it's good enough for Donkey Konga, it's good enough for Smash.
#12 Jigglypuff - Song of Jigglypuff (Totally Pokémon)
This gives us representation of the Totally Pokémon CD music.
#13ε Daisy - OH! DAISY (Princess Daisy Theme) (Super Mario Land Arranged)
A more soothing track, though could fit in line with Brawl's All-Star music.
#14 Bowser - King Koopa's Kool Kartoons Theme Song
Wanted to pay tribute to this lost obscurity.
#15 Ice Climbers - Ice Climber (Tetris DS)
Tetris DS music!
#24 Mewtwo - Mewtwo Stage (Pokémon Pinball)
Pokémon Pinball music!
#26 Mr. Game & Watch - Title (Game Boy Gallery)
Not sure if this is the most fitting pick out of the G&W Gallery games, of even this one game.
#30 Wario - Title (WarioWare: Touched!)
A pretty big WarioWare game?
#33-35 Pokémon Trainer - Pokémon Theme
Pretty obvious pick, to the point where PT's actual Boxing Ring title is "Wants to Be the Very Best" and it's referenced in a Smash 4 trophy. Doesn't disqualify it as those references aren't audible.
#36 Diddy Kong - Title Theme (Diddy Kong Racing)
Maybe these shouldn't commonly be title themes of certain games, but it works in Smash PMEX Remix.
#38 Sonic - Wonderman (Right Said Fred)
Bit of a deep cut that could have easily been "They Call Me Sonic" or 2020 movie music or something, but none of those have Right Said Fred on the track.
#45 Villager - Working for Tom Nook (Animal Crossing, GameCube)
A delightful little diddy that sadly only ever plays for the beginning part of the game.
#46 Mega Man - Mega Man Theme Song
Super fighting robot! Mega Man!
#55 Pac-Man - Pac-Man Fever (Buckner & Garcia)
Maybe goes under unofficial territory, but the song was used in a couple of Pac-Man ads and was totally going to be part of the party game named after it, so it has its place in Pac-Man's legacy. If that's not good enough, Pac-Land/Pac-Man cartoon theme song they couldn't get for Smash 4 from Warner Bros. I guess.
#59 Duck Hunt - Bonus Round (Vs. Duck Hunt)
Kinda gives you an idea of how limited music options may be here. Though this is notably the music of the Vs. Duck Hunt section where you can actually shoot the dog.
#64 Inkling - Splatoon Commercial Song
You're a kid now! You're a squid now!
#70 Piranha Plant - Piranha Plant Slide (Mario Kart Series)
Got the inspiration from an "if every character had their own victory jingle" thing.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'd be down for every Pokemon character to use either "Gotta Catch Em All!" or "Mesaze Pokemon Master!" as their theme. Those are the original theme songs to the anime, with the former being used in the US and the latter in Japan. I could see Mewtwo being the exception here, instead using its instrumental theme from "Mewtwo Strikes Back".

I've become quite fond of "Speed Me Up!", the Wiz Khalifa song written for the Sonic movie. Use that for Sonic!

Break In To Break Out is a bop from the P5 anime and is perfect for Joker.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Eddie, Let Me Go Back To My Home is unironically one of the best tracks in DK's already godlike discography - it's one of the many casualties of Nintendo's hatred for their multimedia past.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
at the very least I'm putting in God-Shattering Star for Byleth

idk what the **** possessed the devs to be like "we're gonna add a FE:3H character to Smash" and also go "but God-Shattering Star is not one of tracks we will include"

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Luigi should use the Mario Is Missing main theme-preferably the NES one, sped up a bit.
Neat idea! I actually remember thinking about including the Hotel Mario music, in terms of the "lesser-acknowledged-by-Nintendo" licensed Mario games.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
We don't have the actual Gyromite theme, just a short sample of it in the Stack-Up remix. I wonder why that is... It's kind of a shame how Smash treats ROB more like an OC and disregards Hector, Vector, and the Smicks.

Top Bottom