• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Give your praise to Amaterasu! Vote Amaterasu on the Smash Ballot!

Would you like to see Amaterasu in Smash Brothers?

• Yes

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice

I know Amaterasu was only playable in one game on the Wii but, she also made an appearance in Okamiden and there is a chance we may see her in Project X Zone 2 on the 3DS. Even though we are only talking three possible appearances on Nintendo platforms, it would still be awesome to see Amaterasu join the battle.

I could see her attacks being something like this.
A: Head-butt
Down Smash: Spin Dodge
Side Smash: Power Slash (The Ink appears on your opponent)
Up Smash: Glaive Attack
A Tilt Combo: Reflector combo
B: Rosary Projectile
B Side: Dash attack
Down B: Cherry Bomb
Up B: Vine (A flower would appear above her as she uses the Vine as recovery.)
Side Air: Kick (Like she does when she is out of ink)
Down Air: Glaive Attack
Up Air: Reflector Attack
Smash Attack: Issun could be sent out to do a powerful sword slash on a nearby opponent.

Those are just a few ideas I have for a moveset. Anyone have better suggestions?

For her stage I would choose Shinshu Field.
I think Waka or Susano would be good for an Assist Trophy.

Moveset possibility 2 (created by SMAASH! Puppy)
Amaterasu
Amatarasu is average weight and is slightly fast. Her strength depends on the Devine Instrument she has. Solar Flare is average, Thunder Edge is strong, and Tundra Beads are weak. Hitting her tail only deals scratch damage.
Solar Flare:
The Solar Flare is good for areal combat, but is terrible on the ground; the only exception is her Forward Smash. It is the only Divine Instrument that can meteor smash.
Neutral Attack-Sweeps with the Solar Flare three times. This has a bit of ending lag, and can be punished. 1%,3%,3%
Dash Attack-Does a head-butt. 10%
Forward Tilt-Sweeps with the Solar Flare. This has noticeable ending lag. 5%
Up Tilt-Uppercuts with the Solar Flare. This is mainly for setting up areal combos. 4%
Down Tilt-Sweeps low with the Solar Flare. This is a good spacing tool when the opponent is at high percents. 4%
Forward Smash-Uses Inferno on the opponent. Out of the three Forward Smashes, this attack is the only one that can KO. 18%-20%
Up Smash-Uses the Whirlwind to attack. It doesn’t KO easily, but it can rack up damage quite nicely. 15%-23%
Down Smash-Uses Fire Burst to attack. It can protect Amaterasu, but it doesn’t have the best range. 14%-18%
Neutral Aerial-Flips to attack with the Solar Flare. This attack is good for combos. 9%
Forward Aerial-Attacks forward with Solar Flare. This is good for spacing. 9%
Back Aerial-Does a 360, attacking with the Solar Flare. 9%
Up Aerial-Does a backflip, attacking with the Solar Flare. 8%
Down Aerial-Sweeps below her with the Solar Flare. This can Meteor Smash. 11%
Thunder Edge
The Thunder edge is the opposite of the Solar Flare; great on the ground, and bad in the air, either way, it has great range, and disjointed hitboxes. It also has KO power in most of its attacks. The catch? Most attacks have to be charged up to be used to their full extent, and is a bit slow even on the ground.
Neutral Attack-Slashes with the Thunder Edge two times. The second hit can KO on the edge of most stages when the opponent is at high percent, while the first hit stuns the opponent. 2%,9%-4%,13%
Dash Attack-Does a head-butt 10%
Forward Tilt-Slashes with the Thunder Edge. 11%-20%
Up Tilt-Uppercuts with the Thunder Edge. 15%-19%
Down Tilt-Slashes low with the Thunder Edge. 8%-12%
Forward Smash-Uses Thunderstorm on the opponent. 14%-18% This attack stuns the opponent, but does not KO. It does, however, set up for one.
Up Smash-Uses the Whirlwind to attack. It doesn’t KO easily, but it can rack up damage quite nicely. 15%-23%
Down Smash-Uses Fire Burst to attack. It can protect Amaterasu, but it doesn’t have the best range. 14%-18%
Neutral Aerial-Flips to attack with the Thunder Edge. This makes Amaterasu fall more slowly. 5%-9%
Forward Aerial-Attacks forward with the Thunder Edge. 4%-8%
Back Aerial-Does a 360, attacking with the Thunder Edge. 6-10%
Up Aerial-Does a backflip, attacking with the Devine Instrument. 5%-9%
Down Aerial-Charges diagonally downward (Tsumagari) 7%-11%
Tundra Beads
The Tundra Beads are for racking up damage, have the longest range in the game with its disjointed hitboxes, and work the same on the ground and in the air. However, you have rely on freezing the opponent at high percents to get a KO with them, or use the Down Smash, which has range problems.
Neutral Attack-Attacks with the Tundra Beads four times. Each attack is a multi-hit. 1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,2%
Forward Tilt-Attacks with Tundra Beads. This attack is a multi-hit. 2%,2%,3%
Up Tilt-Arks the Tundra Beads overhead. Good as an anti-air attack. 7%
Down Tilt-Sweeps low with the Tundra Beads to trip opponents. 4%
Forward Smash-Uses Blizzard on the opponent. This attack has 100% chance to freeze the opponent, but doesn’t KO. 5%-15%
Neutral Aerial-Flips to attack with the Tundra Beads. This attack is a multi-hit. 2%,3%,3%
Forward Aerial-Attacks forward with the Tundra Beads. This attack is a multi-hit. 2%,2%,4%
Back Aerial-Does a 360, attacking with the Tundra Beads. 2%,3%,5%
Up Aerial-Does a backflip, attacking with the Tundra Beads. 6%
Down Aerial-Swipes the Tundra Beads underneath her. 2%,3%,4%
All
Grab-Grabs with her mouth. Short grab
Pummel-Chomps down. 1%
Forward Throw-Uses Galestorm to blow away the opponent. 10%
Back Throw-Uses Vale of Mist, throws the opponent behind her, then uses the Thief’s Glove to have Issune attack. This can steal items. 5%
Up Throw-Does a backflip and lets go of the opponent, then uses Thunderstorm. This actually launches foes down, allowing for combos.
Down Throw-Summons a Cherry Bomb, jumps up, and throws the opponent into them. The Solar Flare can combo out of this.
Floor-Uses the Double Cherry Bomb to attack as she gets up.
Edge-Swipes the Divine Instrument over the platform as she gets up.
Neutral Special-(Solar Flare) Counter: Amaterasu puts a seal in the air that reflects projectiles. If hit by a physical attack she grabs the opponent and jumps off-screen, then slams the opponent into the ground. (Thunder Edge) Thunder Stab: Charges then releases a high damage and knockback stab. (Tundra Beads) Cold Star: Fires weak ice projectiles rapidly, firing in the air angles the attack downward. This attack can freeze opponents. (Counter) --% (Thunder Stab) 20% (Cold Star) 1%
Custom 1-(Solar Flare) Shield: Blocks attacks instead of countering. (Thunder Edge) Charge Stab: Thunder Stab makes Amaterasu Charge forward. (Tundra Beads) Scatter Star: The attack is no longer a projectile, and go in different directions increasing their vertical range, but decreasing their horizontal range. (Shield) --% (Charge Stab) 15% (Scatter Star) 2%,3%,3%
Custom 2-(Solar Flare) Fire Seal: Shoots fire at the target and does not block attacks. (Thunder Edge) Thunder Stream: Attacks with a beam of electricity. (Tundra Beads) Cold Ring: Cold star has larger vertical range. (Fire Seal) 9% (Thunder Stream) 10% (Cold Ring) 5%
Side Special-Power Slash: Amaterasu draws a diagonal line on a piece of paper, cutting it in half and damaging foes. (Paper) 1% (Power Slash) 9%
Custom 1-Power Slash 2: Power Slash is slower, but deals more damage. (Paper) 1% (Power Slash) 15%
Custom 2-Rapid Slash: Power Slash strikes multiple times, but has no knockback. 1% per hit for up to 10% damage.
Up Special-Vine: A flower appears on the ground and a vine shoots out of the flower. This pulls Amaterasu toward it
Custom 1-Sling Vine: Vine makes Amaterasu sling past the flower
Custom 2-Thorny Vine: The vine damages opponents. 3%
Down Special-Weapon Change: Changes the Divine Instrument from Divine Retribution to Tsumagari, to Tundra Beads
Custom 1-Random Switch: The switch is randomized, but you do more damage with each Divine Instrument.
Custom 2-Elemental Switch: The switch causes elemental effects to damage close opponents.
Final Smash-Elemental Blast: Amaterasu jumps, then summons a plume of fire that starts from the bottom corners, and plumes at the top. She then summons snow flake shaped ice shards, one in each corner. Last she summons lightning evenly spaced out.
Up Taunt-Howls
Side Taunt-Watches Issun bounce around her
Down Taunt-Growls
On-Screen Appearance-Uses the Mermaid fountain.
Cheer-Ama-ter-asu
Victory Fanfare-Remix of The Sun Rises.
Winning Pose-Lays down with her head up, Does her victory howl, Dashes, then looks to her right.

Supporters List
1. Chico 2099
2. sogeki
3. KenithTheGatherer
4. Erotic&Heretic
5. Diddy Kong
6. Galgatha
7. Altais
8. Equestrian Flyer
9. SMAASH! Puppy
10. Manic Rykker
11. Chaos_Leader
12. Slambros
13. ryuu seika

Last edited:

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I meant for the title to be Give your faith not give you faith lol. However, I cant edit it. Can any mods help with that?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Okami is a GREAT game, and I wouldn't mind Amaterasu at all, but I don't see Amaterasu being possible. Especially if the Ryu rumor is true.

It would be totally awesome, though!

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Okami is a GREAT game, and I wouldn't mind Amaterasu at all, but I don't see Amaterasu being possible. Especially if the Ryu rumor is true.

I agree it is super unlikely. Like you said the Ryu thing makes it even less likely but, honestly even without the Ryu rumors her chances are still very low lol but, that still doesn't change the fact that I want her in :) thanks for your support.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, considering the musics we can get, like Tsuzurao's Theme Rechiku and Nechiku battle theme, Kushi's Ride or especially Rising Sun, don't expect me to be against Amaterasu! :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am actually 100% down for this to happen. Okami was amazing, Amaterasu would have an amazing moveset fitting for Smash and think that she's a far beter pick for Smash than Ryu.

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Supporting! Okami was a really fun game, plus the sequel which was a 3ds (i believe) exclusive. Amaterasu should definetly be in the game and would better fit the smash universe than Ryu. Using her different weapons for the custom moves would work real well IMO.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If we ever did get a second Capcom representative, Amaterasu would definitely be mine pick. Virtually all the characters in Smash history have been bipedal, so someone like Amaterasu would be a very nice change.

When I first saw Okami, I REALLY wanted to play it, but I didn't have a PS2. When I heard it was going to be ported to the Wii, I was ecstatic. I thoroughly enjoyed Okami, both the plot and gameplay. Anyone whom has played the game knows Amaterasu has loads of potential for a unique playstyle never seen before in Smash.

And now that you've reminded me of her, I think I'll give Amaterasu a vote in the Smash Ballot.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've never played Okami before, but I've heard good things about it from Chuggaaconroy. If Amaterasu does get in someday, which I honestly doubt will ever happen, I'd be happy to try her out.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I agree it is super unlikely. Like you said the Ryu thing makes it even less likely but, honestly even without the Ryu rumors her chances are still very low lol but, that still doesn't change the fact that I want her in :) thanks for your support.
What are you guys talking about? Ryu's inclusion makes Amaterasu's inclusion possible. It shows us that more than one third party character from the same company can join. In which case the only thing standing in her way is Veiutifull Joe, and Dante.

Here is my moveset. :3 (There are some things I will change later, but for now enjoy this.... P.S. Amaterasu is not using the Solar Flare, or the Tsumigari. I forgot to change those.)

Amatarasu is average weight and is slightly fast. Her strength depends on the Devine Instrument she has. Solar Flare is average, Thunder Edge is strong, and Tundra Beads are weak. Hitting her tail only deals scratch damage.
Neutral Attack-Sweeps with the Devine Retribution four times (Devine Retribution), slashes with the Tsumagari four times, and can be charged (Tsumagari), Attacks with the Tundra Beads six times (Tundra Beads)
Dash Attack-Does a head-butt
Forward Tilt-Sweeps with the Divine Retribution (Devine Retribution), slashes with Tsumagari (Tsumagari), attacks with Tundra Beads (Tundra Beads)
Up Tilt-Arks the Divine Retribution over her head (Devine Retribution), Uppercuts with the Tsumagari (Tsumagari), Arks the Tundra Beads overhead (Tundra Beads)
Down Tilt-Sweeps low with the Divine Retribution (Divine Retribution), slashes low with the Tsumagari (Tsumagari), sweeps low with the Tundra Beads to trip opponents (Tundra Beads)
Forward Smash-Sweeps with the Divine Retribution (Divine Retribution), Slashes with the Tsumagari (Tsumagari), Launches the Tundra Beads (Tundra Beads)
Up Smash-Uses the Whirlwind to attack
Down Smash-Uses Fire Burst to attack
Neutral Aerial-Spins Divine Instrument around her
Forward Aerial-Attacks forward with Devine Instrument
Back Aerial-Throws Devine instrument backward
Up Aerial-Does a backflip with the Devine Instrument in her mouth
Down Aerial-Does a front flip with the Devine instrument in her mouth (Devine Retribution and Tundra Beads) Charges diagonally downward (Tsumagari)
Pummel-Chomps down
Forward Throw-Uses Galestorm to blow away the opponent
Back Throw-Uses Vale of Mist, throws the opponent behind her, then uses the Thief’s Glove to have Issune attack. This can steal items
Up Throw-Does a backflip and lets go of the opponent, then uses Thunderstorm
Down Throw-Summons a Cherry Bomb, jumps up, and throws the opponent into them.
Edge-Swipes the Divine Instrument over the platform as she gets up
Neutral Special-Counter: Amaterasu puts a seal in the air that reflects projectiles. If hit by a physical attack she grabs the opponent and jumps off-screen, then slams the opponent into the ground (Divine Retribution). Thunder Stab: Charges then releases a high damage and knockback stab (Tsumagari). Cold Star: Fires weak ice projectiles, firing in the air angles the attack downward (Tundra Beads).
Custom 1-Shield: Blocks attacks instead of countering (Divine Retribution). Charge Stab: Thunder Stab makes Amaterasu Charge forward (Tsumagari). Scatter Star: The ice projectiles go in different directions increasing their vertical range (Tundra Beads)
Custom 2-Fire Seal: Shoots fire at the target and does not block attacks (Divine Retribution). Thunder Stream: Attacks with a beam of electricity. Cold Ring: Cold star has larger verticle range
Side Special-Power Slash: Amaterasu draws a diagonal line on a piece of paper, cutting it in half and damaging foes
Custom 1-Distant Slash: Power Slash is used farther away from Amaterasu, but is more powerfull
Custom 2-Quick Slash: Power Slash is quicker, but deals less damage
Up Special-Vine: A flower appears on the ground and a vine shoots out of the flower. This pulls Amaterasu toward it
Custom 2-Thorny Vine: The vine damages opponents
Down Special-Weapon Change: Changes the Divine Instrument from Divine Retribution to Tsumagari, to Tundra Beads
Custom 1-Random Switch: The switch is randomized
Custom 2-Elemental Switch: The switch causes elemental effects to damage close opponents
Final Smash-Elemental Blast: Amaterasu jumps, then summons a plume of fire that starts from the bottom corners, and plumes at the top. She then summons snow flake shaped ice shards, one in each corner. Last she summons lightning evenly spaced out.
Up Taunt-Howls
Down Taunt-Growls
On-Screen Appearance-Jumps out of a mermaid fountain
Cheer-Ama-ter-asu
Victory Fanfare-the intro to "The Sun Rises"
Winning Pose-Lays down with her head up, Does her victory howl, Dashes, then looks to her right.
After Amaterasu’s victory animation, Issune will sometimes say something depending on which character placed second.
Diddy Kong: That monkey looked like he wanted to eat me.
Yoshi: How does that guy lay eggs? It's weird.
Lucario: I’m still trying to decide if that was a demon
Link: Was it just me or could that guy see our weapons
Fox: Ha! Looks like the wolf outsmarts the fox.
Duck Hunt: Way to teach that dog a lesson Amy! No one laughs at us and gets away with it.
Shulk: Woah! That guy seemed to know what we were going to do before we did it.
Toon Link: Did we just fight a cartoon?
Villager: What was with that kid? He was smiling the whole time.
Palutena: She was supposed be a goddess. Ha! Looks like the goddess of the sun beats the goddess of light.
Mr. Game & Watch: What was with that guy and bells?
Dr. Mario: Are you okay Amy? You don’t look so good. Did you swallow one of his pills?

What are you guys talking about? Ryu's inclusion makes Amaterasu's inclusion possible. It shows us that more than one third party character from the same company can join. In which case the only thing standing in her way is Veiutifull Joe, and Dante.
yeah but 3 capcom characters? quite a stretch. especially when 3rd party will probably be limited anyway.

i guess people can guess my view on the goddess from my avvi. prefer joe but she is still cool.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
yeah but 3 capcom characters? quite a stretch. especially when 3rd party will probably be limited anyway.

i guess people can guess my view on the goddess from my avvi. prefer joe but she is still cool.
Still.... It gives me hope. :)

Before Mewtwo happened, I was thinking of how silly the Palutena's Guidance for Amaterasu (and others) would be, but now I know all we are gonna get is:
Viridi: (Gasp) It's an intruder from another dimension!
Pit: Lets kill it!
(Ok, that's not exactly how it goes, but you get the point)
Buuuuuut... If Snake and Amaterasu both get in, I'd imagine the codex entry would be hilarious. (Provided everyone who was not in Brawl doesn't receive a generic codex entry.)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Huh. I hadn't even realized this was here...

Though I haven't played the games myself, I certainly do like the artstyle, and love the fact that the stuff is based off of Japanese folklore and all that interesting stuff.

Anyway. She would definitely make for an interesting fighter.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It seems that nobody (so far) is against Amaterasu's inclusion. I think it's about time we got this thread up and running. First thing is first, we need the thread owner active on this thread. I don't think we will get very far if it seems like the thread owner himself/herself thinks it's a lost cause. So @ Chico2099 Chico2099 I summon you.
Next, we need some conversation. The more posts that are made on this thread, the longer we will stay near the top of the thread list under the confirmed characters. This will lead to more people seeing this thread, and checking it out.
This brings me to my next point. We need more people. How do we get those people? We should tag the people in this thread, and the closed Amaterasu thread that seem the most enthusiastic about Amaterasu's inclusion. Getting the word out about this thread is also important. Many people here could support Amatarasu, but don't know the thread is here. Links on signatures are a good way to do this, as it's a good side note, that could potentially get some people's attention.
Lastly, No offence Chico1099, but the OP looks a little lackluster. It's not bad, but it could have a lot more information than it does. I don't think it's going to convince very many people that Amaterasu would be a really awesome addition to Smash. I'd suggest looking at the OP of Manic Rykker's Campaign Help Thread (There is a link in his/her signature above my post) and adding more to this OP. Then we can really get people wanting this character! :3
EDIT: seems like I'm on my own for now. So let's see...
@Holder of the Heel was the creator of the last Amaterasu thread, so she would be good to have here.
@retro gamer
@gothrax (P.S.: Your opinion does count. :3)
@Guybrush20X6
@MelMoe Made those awesome alt colors.
@FooltheFlames seemed pretty passionate
@ Altais Altais
These people seem the most passionate about Amaterasu out of the two threads, so that's why I picked them. Anyone and everyone else are welcome :3

Last edited:

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
After much procrastinating and dillydallying, I've finally cast my smash bros fighter ballot for Amaterasu.

My reasons for making the pick are pretty much in line with what everyone has said already. IE: between a plethora of celestial brush powers and (potentially) a variety of weapons to switch between, she'd bring a unique and very interesting combat style to play that would fit right into Smash Bros.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
After much procrastinating and dillydallying, I've finally cast my smash bros fighter ballot for Amaterasu.

My reasons for making the pick are pretty much in line with what everyone has said already. IE: between a plethora of celestial brush powers and (potentially) a variety of weapons to switch between, she'd bring a unique and very interesting combat style to play that would fit right into Smash Bros.
I've been doing a bit of procrastination myself. :p I promised Chico2099 I would make two movesets to show how diverse her moveset could be, but I got lazy, and only have the one. I'll put in a spoiler because it uses the weapons gimmick, so it is very long.
Amaterasu
Solar Flare:
The Solar Flare is good for areal combat, but is terrible on the ground; the only exception is her Forward Smash. It is the only Divine Instrument that can meteor smash.
Neutral Attack-Sweeps with the Solar Flare three times. This has a bit of ending lag, and can be punished. 1%,3%,3%
Forward Tilt-Sweeps with the Solar Flare. This has noticeable ending lag. 5%
Up Tilt-Uppercuts with the Solar Flare. This is mainly for setting up areal combos. 4%
Down Tilt-Sweeps low with the Solar Flare. This is a good spacing tool when the opponent is at high percents. 4%
Forward Smash-Uses Inferno on the opponent. Out of the three Forward Smashes, this attack is the only one that can KO. 18%-20%
Neutral Aerial-Flips to attack with the Solar Flare. This attack is good for combos. 9%
Forward Aerial-Attacks forward with Solar Flare. This is good for spacing. 9%
Back Aerial-Does a 360, attacking with the Solar Flare. 9%
Up Aerial-Does a backflip, attacking with the Solar Flare. 8%
Down Aerial-Sweeps below her with the Solar Flare. This can Meteor Smash. 11%
Thunder Edge
The Thunder edge is the opposite of the Solar Flare; great on the ground, and bad in the air, either way, it has great range, and disjointed hitboxes. It also has KO power in most of its attacks. The catch? Most attacks have to be charged up to be used to their full extent, and is a bit slow even on the ground.
Neutral Attack-Slashes with the Thunder Edge two times. The second hit can KO on the edge of most stages when the opponent is at high percent, while the first hit stuns the opponent. 2%,9%-4%,13%
Dash Attack-Does a head-butt 10%
Forward Tilt-Slashes with the Thunder Edge. 11%-20%
Up Tilt-Uppercuts with the Thunder Edge. 15%-19%
Down Tilt-Slashes low with the Thunder Edge. 8%-12%
Forward Smash-Uses Thunderstorm on the opponent. 14%-18% This attack stuns the opponent, but does not KO. It does, however, set up for one.
Neutral Aerial-Flips to attack with the Thunder Edge. This makes Amaterasu fall more slowly. 5%-9%
Forward Aerial-Attacks forward with the Thunder Edge. 4%-8%
Back Aerial-Does a 360, attacking with the Thunder Edge. 6-10%
Up Aerial-Does a backflip, attacking with the Devine Instrument. 5%-9%
Down Aerial-Charges diagonally downward (Tsumagari) 7%-11%
Tundra Beads
The Tundra Beads are for racking up damage, have the longest range in the game with its disjointed hitboxes, and work the same on the ground and in the air. However, you have rely on freezing the opponent at high percents to get a KO with them, or use the Down Smash, which has range problems.
Neutral Attack-Attacks with the Tundra Beads four times. Each attack is a multi-hit. 1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,2%
Forward Tilt-Attacks with Tundra Beads. This attack is a multi-hit. 2%,2%,3%
Up Tilt-Arks the Tundra Beads overhead. Good as an anti-air attack. 7%
Down Tilt-Sweeps low with the Tundra Beads to trip opponents. 4%
Forward Smash-Uses Blizzard on the opponent. This attack has 100% chance to freeze the opponent, but doesn’t KO. 5%-15%
Neutral Aerial-Flips to attack with the Tundra Beads. This attack is a multi-hit. 2%,3%,3%
Forward Aerial-Attacks forward with the Tundra Beads. This attack is a multi-hit. 2%,2%,4%
Back Aerial-Does a 360, attacking with the Tundra Beads. 2%,3%,5%
Up Aerial-Does a backflip, attacking with the Tundra Beads. 6%
Down Aerial-Swipes the Tundra Beads underneath her. 2%,3%,4%
All
Pummel-Chomps down. 1%
Forward Throw-Uses Galestorm to blow away the opponent. 10%
Back Throw-Uses Vale of Mist, throws the opponent behind her, then uses the Thief’s Glove to have Issune attack. This can steal items. 5%
Up Throw-Does a backflip and lets go of the opponent, then uses Thunderstorm. This actually launches foes down, allowing for combos.
Down Throw-Summons a Cherry Bomb, jumps up, and throws the opponent into them. The Solar Flare can combo out of this.
Edge-Swipes the Divine Instrument over the platform as she gets up.
Neutral Special-(Solar Flare) Counter: Amaterasu puts a seal in the air that reflects projectiles. If hit by a physical attack she grabs the opponent and jumps off-screen, then slams the opponent into the ground. (Thunder Edge) Thunder Stab: Charges then releases a high damage and knockback stab. (Tundra Beads) Cold Star: Fires weak ice projectiles rapidly, firing in the air angles the attack downward. This attack can freeze opponents. (Counter) --% (Thunder Stab) 20% (Cold Star) 1%
Custom 1-(Solar Flare) Shield: Blocks attacks instead of countering. (Thunder Edge) Charge Stab: Thunder Stab makes Amaterasu Charge forward. (Tundra Beads) Scatter Star: The attack is no longer a projectile, and go in different directions increasing their vertical range, but decreasing their horizontal range. (Shield) --% (Charge Stab) 15% (Scatter Star) 2%,3%,3%
Custom 2-(Solar Flare) Fire Seal: Shoots fire at the target and does not block attacks. (Thunder Edge) Thunder Stream: Attacks with a beam of electricity. (Tundra Beads) Cold Ring: Cold star has larger vertical range. (Fire Seal) 9% (Thunder Stream) 10% (Cold Ring) 5%
Side Special-Power Slash: Amaterasu draws a diagonal line on a piece of paper, cutting it in half and damaging foes. (Paper) 1% (Power Slash) 9%
Custom 1-Power Slash 2: Power Slash is slower, but deals more damage. (Paper) 1% (Power Slash) 15%
Custom 2-Rapid Slash: Power Slash strikes multiple times, but has no knockback. 1% per hit for up to 10% damage.
Custom 2-Thorny Vine: The vine damages opponents. 3%
Custom 1-Random Switch: The switch is randomized, but you do more damage with each Divine Instrument.
Custom 2-Elemental Switch: The switch causes elemental effects to damage close opponents.
Up Taunt-Howls
Down Taunt-Growls
On-Screen Appearance-Uses the Mermaid fountain.
Cheer-Ama-ter-asu
Victory Fanfare-Remix of The Sun Rises.
I would like if you could give some feedback, but if you don't that's fine. (no one usually does.) :3

slambros

Smash Ace
Capcom is certainly open to putting Amaterasu in crossovers. Marvel vs. Capcom 3, for instance.

I think there's room for one more four-legged character, and if Ivysaur really is abandoned, then why not Amaterasu. I'd gladly buy the wolf for DLC.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Capcom is certainly open to putting Amaterasu in crossovers. Marvel vs. Capcom 3, for instance.

I think there's room for one more four-legged character, and if Ivysaur really is abandoned, then why not Amaterasu. I'd gladly buy the wolf for DLC.
I don't think Ivysaur was abandoned per se, but I don't think he is the likeliest character in the world. Then again neither is Amaterasu. I think with Ryu's inclusion Amaterasu has a fighting chance though. All she needs is the support.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I meant for the title to be Give your faith not give you faith lol. However, I cant edit it. Can any mods help with that?
Hit Modify, then Advanced Options or Go Advanced or whatever it calls itself, that should let you title edit.

As for Amaterasu, she may have had only 2 games in her series, only one of which was Nintendo exclusive, but her first game was one of the most beautiful and well known games on the Wii and by far the best implementation of its unique technology. Okami was one of the defining names of the Wii era.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I finally got around to some much needed updates. I added a moveset that was made by SMAASH! Puppy. I added a supporters list and changed the title of the thread. If I forgot anyone please let me know. Also if anyone has anything they would like to be added to the OP please let me know. I'll try to spruce things up anyway I can. Also for anyone interested I made a top ten 3rd party dlc list and Amaterasu is featured. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUAsvPKjU0vWUHgNOMaW64g/videos

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Hit Modify, then Advanced Options or Go Advanced or whatever it calls itself, that should let you title edit.

As for Amaterasu, she may have had only 2 games in her series, only one of which was Nintendo exclusive, but her first game was one of the most beautiful and well known games on the Wii and by far the best implementation of its unique technology. Okami was one of the defining names of the Wii era.
Thank you Im kind of a forum noob lol

Last edited:

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
As I'm currently playing Okami HD and close to the end (first playthrough), I really think Amaterasu deserves more support for Smash. Not only cause I love the game so much, but also cause she'd definitely be an awesome addition to the roster just like Ryu imo. Innovative gameplay and mechanics, use of the celestial brush for the final smash and such...
She's just fit perfectly in Smash for so many reasons. I'm surprised she doesn't seem to get that much support.
I hope a lot of people voted for her in the ballot so she has a chance to come as DLC.

What I'm expecting is the announcement of some kind of sequel (or Okami related game) coming along with Okami HD on Wii U/NX, and Amaterasu makoing a divine intervention in Smash for 3DS/Wii U.

Let's make that real at least for Smash, vote for Amaterasu in the ballot!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
As I'm currently playing Okami HD and close to the end (first playthrough), I really think Amaterasu deserves more support for Smash. Not only cause I love the game so much, but also cause she'd definitely be an awesome addition to the roster just like Ryu imo. Innovative gameplay and mechanics, use of the celestial brush for the final smash and such...
She's just fit perfectly in Smash for so many reasons. I'm surprised she doesn't seem to get that much support.
I hope a lot of people voted for her in the ballot so she has a chance to come as DLC.

What I'm expecting is the announcement of some kind of sequel (or Okami related game) coming along with Okami HD on Wii U/NX, and Amaterasu makoing a divine intervention in Smash for 3DS/Wii U.

Let's make that real at least for Smash, vote for Amaterasu in the ballot!
Why doesn't she have a lot of support? Because Okami is a very underrated game. More people need to play it. (Well that and some people tend to get on their high horse and say that only iconic third party characters can be tolerated in smash, which is the main reason why Shantae isn't one of the most popular characters here.)

The Celestial Brush could be used for much more than just a Final Smash. She could use all the Celestial Brush Techniques throughout her moveset.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really need to get around to finishing Okami myself. I've only seen it be played.
After Jill Valentine and maybe Phoenix Wright this character should totally be in.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Resident Evil seems about as logical an inclusion as Snake so, without heavy backing from either fans or its creator, I doubt Jill is any threat. Phoenix Wright and Dante seem like far better choices.
No Dante.
Dante not only heavily uses guns just like Resident Evil, but Devil May Cry has never ever been on a Nintendo platform.
Whereas Resident Evil has had consistent games on Nintendo (except for 5, 6, and Revelations 2).

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Put me down as a supporter! I also have an idea for her Final Smash:

Okami Shiranui
Ammy glows brightly and takes on the appearance of her powerful predecessor/first incarnation. Similar to Wario-Man and Giga Mac, Ammy's stats temporarily become insanely powerful, damage to her is minimal and she doesn't flinch. Perhaps also a red, glowing sun appears (a la Sunrise) in a corner of the stage that damages opponents trying to keep away from her?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Put me down as a supporter! I also have an idea for her Final Smash:

Okami Shiranui
Ammy glows brightly and takes on the appearance of her powerful predecessor/first incarnation. Similar to Wario-Man and Giga Mac, Ammy's stats temporarily become insanely powerful, damage to her is minimal and she doesn't flinch. Perhaps also a red, glowing sun appears (a la Sunrise) in a corner of the stage that damages opponents trying to keep away from her?
That is a great idea! I would also like to see her attacks become extremely flashy as well. (Only read the spoiler if you have played Okami through to the end.)
(Such as Shiranui's Powerslash in the fight with the Clock Owl things. (I forgot what they were called.) It would also be a great recreation of the final battle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom