• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Girlfriend's birthday. Present ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I have a girlfriend.

It's her birthday in a month minus two days, and I have absolutely no idea on what to offer to her for her 18th birthday =|

So guys, any suggestion??? Anything original you ever thought or saw?

Thanks =)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Your **** in a box --- *shot*

How about just asking her? It's way better than going through crap just to look for something.

Panix

Smash Ace
Think of the regular items that most girls have. (I like to think of a good phone, camera, purse, earrings, bellyrings [my favorite]) I know most of this crap can be expensive, but its a girl and we've done dumber things then get a good present for your girlfriend

now depending on what kind of girlfriend you have, she might want a tatoo. good thing to do for her birthday.

Also, just dinner and a movie with a small gift is a good idea. it occupies most of the day, and also shows your thinking of her =).

hope i helped.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Better for to compromise unpredictableness for a happy girlfriend than keep to it and not get any lovin for awhile. lol

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Get her a Prepaid Visa. Then she can spend it on whatever she wants or needs.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I got my girlfriend a plushie imported from Japan in her favorite color (green) and made her a jar of colored/shiny paper stars and wrote her a long birthday card for her 18th birthday last year. Well, most girls like stuffed animals I suppose.

Hmmm, other suggestions: A nice coat of some sort, some sort of gift basket with bath stuff, a new watch, DVDs of her favorite movies, underwear (=P), a necklace with her birthstone in it, a nice work of art (painting or sculpture perhaps), a nice dinner maybe, or maybe some fine candies or chocolates, or a set of PJ's with a matching pillow. You could probably mix some CDs for her too. A good gift doesn't need to be expensive, it just needs to mean something to her and come from your heart.

Well, if I don't know what to buy her for an occasion, I sometimes do ask her and we go shopping together. Not spontaneous, but it's a lot of fun.

Panix

Smash Ace
Get her a Prepaid Visa. Then she can spend it on whatever she wants or needs.
don't do that, that would (no offense) be the worst present you can get her.

A. girlfriends don't really take presents for value they take it for thought, and this has no thought.

B. Visa cards are really annoying, the way visa makes money off this is that they bank on the fact that the people who use it won't use the full (X)$ value. so they make money from you money. which no one wants.

C. you really never keep a tab on how much is on the card. so you can end up going somewhere to buy something, and end up over pricing what you have and the cashier could tell you that you don't have enough money. which is embarrassing.

D. I sorta feel embarassed when i pay with gift cards =P

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer

You'll thank me later.

EDIT: I realized that this could look like I'm calling your girlfriend fat. Just for clarification purposes, I'm not.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Azua would have no knowledge of what a girlfriend would want as a present. Absolutely none.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Well, in general, I stay away from gift cards. They don't take any time or ingenuity to think of and purchase.

FastFox

BRoomer
Set up the Wii fit in the living room, then just sit back and watch your girlfriend do jumping jacks in mini-shorts.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Next time you and her go out, hint at things, try to make her talk about something she wants or likes, without her realizing that you're digging for present ideas.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Briefing

I offered her a beautiful necklace (not sure if it's the word) for christmas, so I don't think about jewels really.

No clothing or underwear, she has enough of that :p

Plain money would look like uneffortness...

I think about a supper, but we ate everywhere already...

CDs: I remember she LOVES hotel california from the eagles... maybe a beautiful poster of some sort??...

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I dunno, I'd much rather my boyfriend get me a gift card that I can spend on whatever instead of just random junk I can't really use.

But that's just me being sensible, I guess. =p

Edit: and I guess me not needing constant reassurance that Cody cares about me through material things.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Posters work too, but I never get them because it just feels like I'm giving her a piece of paper lol.

As long as it's from the heart, it's good though.

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
You should most likely take her to someplace special (First kiss, First date, First anything as long as it's romantic and special) and get her something shes been talking about wanting for a while girls always talk about stuff they want. Anyway it's usually the thought that really counts oh and be sure to mindgame her always mindgame her so it's spontanious.

(I just like mindgames...)

FastFox

BRoomer
I hate my Wii. I would send it to you if I could.

Ps, I'm FastFox.

Ps again, how long have you two been together?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
You could send your Wii to me. :D

Another thing, I wasn't just suggesting he get her a gift card and that's it.

The dinner and flowers etc is kind of a given.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should most likely take her to someplace special (First kiss, First date, First anything as long as it's romantic and special) and get her something shes been talking about wanting for a while girls always talk about stuff they want. Anyway it's usually the thought that really counts oh and be sure to mindgame her always mindgame her so it's spontanious.

(I just like mindgames...)
Hahah when we met it was everything but romantic, I won't tell any detail since I'm a mod and I must show the example...

Meh, poster, when I think about it again, I agree with lemonwater.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
mmm edible bouquet was a big hit with my gf..its like...fruit cut like flowers/chocolate dipped etc

if not hat

tiffanys always work...simple silver jewelry

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Whew, you didn't get her to model your car....

Uhh... A mustang? A gun? (A gun shows you trust her...)

These aren't great suggestions, I am just relieved we aren't seeing that thread AGAIN.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Well for one, you get a card, a bear, and then it depends on what you know about her. Dig into some of her favorite things, such as like my gf likes Jazz and a specific flowers, so for our 1 year I brought her over and we dance 2 it, I had the flowers setup around the place and stuff. Oh and I gave her a ring, because even if she may have a lot, trust me they'll treasure it the most.

That's one of the three things your wifey should have, a ring, a bear, and one of your tshirts. =]

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whew, you didn't get her to model your car....

Uhh... A mustang? A gun? (A gun shows you trust her...)

These aren't great suggestions, I am just relieved we aren't seeing that thread AGAIN.
We live in Canada, You can't buy or have guns anywhere X_X

Mustang... hmm... I should ask my bank if I can borrow 50 000$.

saggy_brown

Smash Cadet
Well it depends on how long you guys have been together. I didn't do this for my girlfriend because she's not 18 yet, but here's what I did for one of my best friends. I wrote her this letter with notbook paper talking about how we met and our past and stuff, goood times we have together, and how much she means to me. It ended up being like 8 pages long. Include some serious things, and some good inside jokes and stuff. Then mail it top her, even if she only lives 5 min away like my friend. She ended up telling me it was the nicest thing anyone's ever done for her.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the end I decided to ask her if one day and one night in Quebec city would appeal her and she said Yes!

So travelling wins the present for my girlfriend, thanks a lot to you guys =P

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well it depends on how long you guys have been together. I didn't do this for my girlfriend because she's not 18 yet, but here's what I did for one of my best friends. I wrote her this letter with notbook paper talking about how we met and our past and stuff, goood times we have together, and how much she means to me. It ended up being like 8 pages long. Include some serious things, and some good inside jokes and stuff. Then mail it top her, even if she only lives 5 min away like my friend. She ended up telling me it was the nicest thing anyone's ever done for her.

I think this idea is worth saving too.

Gratz on the choice, make sure to tell us how it went.

slave1

Smash Lord
posters bad idea. posters die very easily. cute fuzzy things are always a plus. maybe do a build a bear, or get her a really flippen huge stuffed animal. like man bear pig size.

interesting choice by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom