• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpy still doesn't like Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
From SMYN

"Ness! Every single game!I have never played as Ness, I hate him. He's worthless, and should not be in the game." -Gimpy

*SP laughing*

"Ness is a stupid character! Deal with it. I don't care if he's good or bad, he is a dumb character." -Gimpy

*later*

"Oh, ROB is dumb too, but he's not nearly as dumb as Ness." -Gimpy

"I played Mother 1 for like 20 minutes and was like, dude, this is a horrible RPG." -SamuraiPanda

Discuss.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Ness doesn't suck, and ROB being dumb is his own opinion. They're both good characters, just got to learn how to use them.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
OMG Gimpyfish hates Ness?!? That's it, I'm switching to Bowser...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Err actually Ness isn't very good.......
I loled
Where did you hear this? Gamespot?
>______________________>

He doesn't hate the ability of Ness BTW, he just hates the character. THat's annoying.
I never knew Ness, but I just loved the way he played which is why I picked him up; NOT based on the character.

Geist

Smash Master
I'm indifferent about Ness.
It's Lucas I dislike.

DAMMIT EARTHBOUND360 I COULDN"T RESIST LOOKING AT THE REST OF YOUR SIG

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Who cares about what one person thinks, eveeryone who plays as ness obviously likes him so who cares if someone who doesn't play as him doesn't like him.

I don't play as Captain Falcon and i have always hated him. I'm sure that al the C.Falcon players don't care. So why should we.

Besides Ness IMO was the WTF character of Smash 64, so its understandible if he has the same amount of hate against him as G&W and R.O.B.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
he Is A Pro*** Therefor His Opinion Must Matter.

...i really hope that was sarcastic.
has anybody actually watched gimpyfishes videos? do you realize he is average/below average in smash? sure hes great at...blogging and posting complaints(?) but in smash, he is overshadowed by MANY. unknown smashers.

(his opinions arent fact, they suck. dont be a fanboy)

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Gimpy also hates Brawl, so who cares. Good for him, but there's no reason to discuss it. For some reason, Gimpy is a celeb, and that's fine, but this isn't E! television where you can fool people into caring what Gimpy thinks.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Ness wasn't in Mother 1. He's in 2. Ninten is in 1.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yes, it is true PK Boy; GimpyFish was nerfed.

His ability to fsmash spam has gone down quite a bit and is not used as often.
People also wanted his FS to be Bowser pwn, but it was changed last minute to "quit Brawl"
His jab combo, bash Bowser haters, has been completely changed. It's no longer very good for defense.

Gindler

Smash Champion
So true that ness was a wtf character in 64, when i was 8 or 9 I just remember being like who is this guy? I know all the rest but this little nobody, of course back then google didn't exist so finding crap was so hard. He's fun to play though even if I hated playing him in melee cause the tail on PKT was so small and I was only good with yoshi since I refuse to use spacies and swordsmen. But once you get on the tournament scene people force you to get a secondary so hey, oh and I respect Gimpyfish's opinion but seriously he said Final Destination isn't the fairest level and it so obviously is since there are NO obstructions so each character can play at their fullest potential.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lol, I never knew who Ness was either
I thought he was from Snowboard kids when I was young :laugh:

I did however, really like his playstyle. Mained him ever since. It was PKT that induced love :love:

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
So true that ness was a wtf character in 64, when i was 8 or 9 I just remember being like who is this guy? I know all the rest but this little nobody, of course back then google didn't exist so finding crap was so hard. He's fun to play though even if I hated playing him in melee cause the tail on PKT was so small and I was only good with yoshi since I refuse to use spacies and swordsmen. But once you get on the tournament scene people force you to get a secondary so hey, oh and I respect Gimpyfish's opinion but seriously he said Final Destination isn't the fairest level and it so obviously is since there are NO obstructions so each character can play at their fullest potential.
Final Dest isn't the fairest level, there really isn't a fair level since certain characters do better on certain stages, and stage affects match ups...if you are a character or player that loves gigantic space and range and you are fighting someone who doesn't do well at range and hates wide stages then obviously final dest works better for one of the fighters...

I always liked Ness since earthbound is my favorite rpg...and he's a little boy who pwns everybody >.<

Arby

Smash Rookie
Any character can be a great challenge. If the person knows how to use said character. Just depends on your play-style or if you like a character. I used to think Ness was not such a good person to fight with. Now he is one of my best characters.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't play as Captain Falcon and i have always hated him. I'm sure that al the C.Falcon players don't care. So why should we.
R u gay? How could you not like Captain Falcon... :confused:

Also, why does his opinion matter? There's a lot of hate for Ness on the west coast for some reason.

And fail on samuraipanda's part that he said Mother 1 was Ness' game, which it wasn't. How can the game be bad when in the first 20 minutes you fight hippies?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
R u gay? How could you not like Captain Falcon... :confused:
I hated his playstyle and never knew who he was and i hated when he said show ur moves.

Also like you guys were talking about, i hated ness in S64 bcuz i was about 8 and had no clue whp he was, and he just sounded annoying to me. Aswell i was little and couldn't make his 3rd jump work.
Then i was like 12 or 13 when melee came out and i don't know why but i loved his aerial playstlye in melee and got used to it and played as him ever since.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I hated CF in ssb64 cause his limbs were like spaghetti, flailing about everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom