• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giga Bowser vs Super sonic

iron blade

Smash Ace
Bowser's FS. His is way cooler and unique. Sonic's is just him flying around running into people. *cough* boring *cough*

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's FS is cool the first time.... then it just becomes so dang boring. Bowser's FS is awesome, he becomes a GIANT EVIL DINOSAUR basically, and then he just stomps everyone. Bowser's FS is prolly broken beyond words, as it has ridiculous range, damage, and he is completely unknockable during this move. GO BOWSER!!!

Luigi player

Smash Master
If they two would be fighting SS would be the better one, because he can't get damage or get hit. Giga can only not flich, but he'd still get damage from SS.

Coselm

Smash Ace
You are invincible with sonic's, but you can't take damage with bowser's. So sonic wins, because bowser will jsut be a gigantic target for sonic to fly into and rack up damage.

And you can't really say much as the game has not been released.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Depends on how you match them up. If you pit them against each other head-to-head, then it's inconclusive. Sonic can rack up the damage, but it won't do anything, and Bowser can't do anything, period. (Based on what we know at the moment, that is.)

If you were to change the terms of engagement to. . .say. . .who can score higher in Multiman melee, then Giga Bowser has the advantage with his massive range. Super Sonic would need a lot of skill to get as many KO's as him.

If you made it Break the Targets, then Sonic would win, because he can get to the targets faster.

Depending on how you look at it, the issue is pretty deep.

Oh, and IMO, they're about equal coolness-wise. And I'm a future Sonic-main, so. . .

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
Okay, let's think about this one here.

All Bowser does is get bigger. His moves are exactly the same. They basically took the same character model and added a few spikes to it and increased the size. "Oh look! It's BOWSER! And he's BIGGER than normal! That's amazing!!" (sarcasm)

At least Sonic gets some new abilities. He can fly around and stuff. That's more than you can say for Bowser's.

Also, Super Sonic would beat Giga Bowser any day since Bowser would just be a giant target for him.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sonic pwns Bowsers! I mean c'mon, Sonic's taken on Perfect Chaos, Biolizard, and Mephiles without breaking that much of a sweat.

Giga Bowser shouldn't be all that much trouble.

lymph12

Smash Rookie
lol u can get fox to go faster than the F-ZERO racers with a super mushroom and a bunny hood on Big Blue!

lymph12

Smash Rookie
HEY JUST BECAUSE I FORGOT MY USERNAME/PASSWORD DOESNT MAKE ME A N00B!!!

...just a bonehead.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
...what are you talking about?

Anyway, I like Sonic's FS better than Bowser's, but I think that's because I already played as Giga Bowser in Melee and didn't think it was really that special. Plus he can still take damage, something I think Sonic won't have, which actually gives Sonic a slight advantage as he can increase Bowser's damage.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Depends on how you pit them. Super Sonic VS Giga Bowser will mean Super Sonic will win. He can't take damage, and he can damage Giga Bowser. In usefullness it really depends on the person playing. They both take skill to handle, but to tell the truth I think Giga Bowser may lose compared to Super Sonic. Super Sonic is way faster, can't take damage, and is harder to flee from.

....I'll take Super Sonic as strongest FS, but Giga Bowser for being cool more than 2 times.

Machete

Smash Ace
Depends on how you pit them. Super Sonic VS Giga Bowser will mean Super Sonic will win. He can't take damage, and he can damage Giga Bowser. In usefullness it really depends on the person playing. They both take skill to handle, but to tell the truth I think Giga Bowser may lose compared to Super Sonic. Super Sonic is way faster, can't take damage, and is harder to flee from.

....I'll take Super Sonic as strongest FS, but Giga Bowser for being cool more than 2 times.
Giga Bowser can't take damage too.

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
I'm no Bowser player, but who else thinks it is dumb that his FS can still take damage? I mean, Super Sonic can't (and I'm going to be a Sonic player mind you).

I just think that Bowser should be invincible in that form to really be the scary monster that he is.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Giga Bowser cant be knocked away ever though, just pure hitstun right? Then it would just be a draw...

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Giga can be damaged its just that he recieves very little to no knockback....And I think I read somewhere that if you hit Sonic while hes charging at you you dont take any damage....And besides can two smashballs even appear at the same time?

Xenomorph_1992

Smash Cadet
Super sonic has been hurt before by some last bosses but Giga bowser does not flich in this game. If both happened at the same time, it would depend on whose lasted longer.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I read somewhere that if you hit Super Sonic while he is charging you you recieve no damage. Just wanted to point that out.
You don't. If you attack while Super Sonic hits you it does the sword clashing animation and nothing happens. Suck that Sonic! Bowser's is better. He has super-armor through the whole FS and has Bowser's moveset on steroids. Not to mention it's impossible to avoid him on smaller stages...

Top Bottom