• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

giant rob on aero drive!

shizkickit

Smash Rookie
so i was watching my bro fight on port town aero drive, and if you pause it on the second stop, and turn the camera angle, you will see...

a giant staute like rob, with gleaming red eyes above the race.

i havent noticed this til tonight, but let me ask...

has anyone else seen this, and

WHY IS IT THERE! i find it pretty creepy:confused::confused::confused:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
u have a pic of this?
I do.

I didn't find it at the second stop, but I found it nonetheless.

Don't know why it's there, but I think it's a cool cameo appearance.

Also, if anyone wants to see an official picture, you can go here to the Smash Bros Dojo, I just realized there's a picture of it there. Actually, there's 2 of them.

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
The Aero Dive level is based on a course from the Gamecube's F-Zero GX. The giant ROB was on there, too. I can't recall if any explanation for this was ever given (especially since GX was made by SEGA). I always assumed he was there for maintenance/construction/loading of ships and facilities or something.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Aero Dive level is based on a course from the Gamecube's F-Zero GX. The giant ROB was on there, too. I can't recall if any explanation for this was ever given (especially since GX was made by SEGA). I always assumed he was there for maintenance/construction/loading of ships and facilities or something.
I suppose that would make sense.

...I really do need to get F-Zero GX, I played a demo of it years ago and liked it, and I still haven't picked it up. Seriously, that was when the Gamecube was still relatively new.
By the time I actually remember to pick it up, there'll probably be another F-Zero out.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You can also see the giant ROB in Captain Falcon's Dojo update in the picture where he's running after Sonic.

And he's probably there because of Nintendo's weird infatuation with that little chunk of plastic...
Considering the fact that ROB allowed them to sell the NES, I'm not exactly surprised that they'd love him...

Just accept it, ROB owns. ;)

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
...I really do need to get F-Zero GX, I played a demo of it years ago and liked it, and I still haven't picked it up. Seriously, that was when the Gamecube was still relatively new.
By the time I actually remember to pick it up, there'll probably be another F-Zero out.
I had that demo too. Think it came with Mario Kart or something.

Great game, anyway. Cheesiest thing you'll ever play, and **** hard, but lots of fun. I traded mine on GTZ a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I had that demo too. Think it came with Mario Kart or something.

Great game, anyway. Cheesiest thing you'll ever play, and **** hard, but lots of fun. I traded mine on GTZ a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately.
Thanks for giving me an opinion on the game.
I just hope I can find it, Gamecube games (the older ones) are practically impossible to find--I had to order Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance off of eBay.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Considering the fact that ROB allowed them to sell the NES, I'm not exactly surprised that they'd love him...

Just accept it, ROB owns. ;)
I will never accept such bold untruths! NEVER!

Alright, he was fine in Mario Kart DS and I KINDA wanna own a real one...but I still hate the fact that he got into Brawl and so many of my favorite characters didn't. Petty? Yes.

And like other people have said, F-Zero GX is one of the most brutally difficult racing games I have EVER played. The pure speed of it actually makes you dizzy at points. Did I mention it's also quite difficult? I do believe I did...
my friends actually refuse to play it with me because of how hard it is to simply complete a race XD

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah, he was definitely in F-Zero GX too. I remembered him as soon as I saw him in Brawl, not to mention I saw him while playing F-Zero GX just the other day.

I wonder if it was the start of his revival? Or maybe SEGA just felt like showing that they knew their Nintendo stuff.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I will never accept such bold untruths! NEVER!

Alright, he was fine in Mario Kart DS and I KINDA wanna own a real one...but I still hate the fact that he got into Brawl and so many of my favorite characters didn't. Petty? Yes.

And like other people have said, F-Zero GX is one of the most brutally difficult racing games I have EVER played. The pure speed of it actually makes you dizzy at points. Did I mention it's also quite difficult? I do believe I did...
my friends actually refuse to play it with me because of how hard it is to simply complete a race XD
True, but as someone pointed out (I don't remember where I saw this, but...), R.O.B. is really involved in the SSE and all, he obviously had to be placed in as at least a Subspace enemy early in development. Chances are, he wouldn't be placed in the SSE without the playable spot as well, meaning he was pretty much a shoo-in. Now, to be honest, I would rather have had a second Metroid rep rather than R.O.B., as much as I love the little guy. My point is, he didn't take a slot of someone else, it would've been the opposite.

Zetsuei

Smash Cadet
Lol sick.

How do you guys get such good screenshots? Do you have a computer version of Brawl or something? If so pm me- let me know pl0x.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
ROB was in F-Zero GX on that stage, freakin ROB is so lame yet is everywere...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I have found three ROBs on port town, one near the beginning, one on another angle of the ship (the ones you guys are pointing to) and one near the steps.

Top Bottom