• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GG Weeklies #4 So we got it.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Okay, so Melee teams didn't happen, but we had Melee singles and 64. Lots of fun for each game.

Original thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330858

Melee Results (11 Entrants):

Brackets: http://challonge.com/ggsmash3m

1st: Andrew (Marth)
2nd: Bernard (Falco/Marth/Sheik)
3rd: Tempestt (Peach/Marth)
4th: AAB (Marth)
5th: Gojira (Sheik)
5th: Big Poppa Smurf Jr. (Fox)

64 Results (10 Entrants):

Brackets: http://challonge.com/ggsmash3

1st: Kerokeroppi
2nd: Ceasar
3rd: Hyuuga
4th: J Natty
5th: Infamous Diablo
5th: Yobo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The competition for 64 was fierce. I hope we can see everyone out here again. Big news on the horizon for Melee and 64. Keep your eyes peeled!!!

This time, I think I'll remember the shoutouts, lol.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The next one will be in 2 weeks, barring anything random happening.

As far as the news, I plan on sending an invite out to Philly, South Jersey, and NY to come for a tournament. Get bigger numbers than the usual. Combine that with some Marvel, and AE, we've got a regional in essence. It should be happening at the end of January.

Shoutouts to everyone that came. I'm proud of Big Poppa Smurf Jr./Yolo playing so well in his first tournament. He was playing like a man on a mission. I'll get you caught up with that Fox if you let me.

Bernard- Work on that Falco, man. You can lazer, but we need MORE!!! I'm starting to face Spacies with more confidence out of my lack of practice. Also...the heck with running the clock out!? Don't make me learn Falco to ditto you, or counter that nonsense.

Andrew- You....I was ready for your Marth...that character is the bane of my existence along with Samus. Sadly...you gave Bernard ideas. -_- I'm going to learn a Space Animal for Marth.

AAB- You played fine, but I think you just really want to play Yoshi, lol. I guess I need to learn Spacies so you can have experience against them.

Gojira...you've got more patience than me...I can't play that lame in Smash.

Victor- Get that practice, in man!! That's alright. Marvel next week!!!

Infamous Diablo- Good stuff, man. 64 was beyond rough though.

Hyuuga- We both got 3rd. =/ You did say you were going to come back for Losers Finals, though. Good stuff!! Great meeting you too.

Kerokeroppi- You played like me in the first tournament. Didn't drop a game. Great stuff!!

Shout outs to ALL the 64 crew for coming out as far as you did to play. I know you have school and everything, but we'll definitely try to get you out here for more 64.

To Lafayette and Rutgers- What happened? It's cool, just try again to make it out, lol.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Teams has straight up failed twice in a row. Not sure how much the store will approve of trying teams again, lol. I was actually thinking Draft Crews, instead. That way we can just make it work with whoever shows up.

Again, barring nothing random happens....sadly, something random ALWAYS happens with me, lol. It'll be 12/29/12, and at 3PM. People love to show up last minute for these things, though. You say 4...they show up right before 4....*rolls eyes*

I was happy that the 64 crew showed up early, and they got all the warm-up they could want. Tournament should start at 3PM. I'm gonna say show up at 2PM or earlier. I'm opening sign-ups at 12:30PM as always.

I think we have another TV, which makes 3 plus the big one. Not many copies of Melee, though. The store can't really hold on to them (They sell so fast), and my friends with copies are random. So please bring copies...and TVs if you can.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Double Post:

Here's the thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=331464

I said it in there, but if you want teams: 1.) We need the numbers for it...and obviously the copies of the games. 2.) You'd have to show up earlier than singles. (Obviously.)

Someone asked about Brawl the last time on the event page. I'll run it if you bring the numbers....(and a setup or two...I don't have a Wii)

Project: M? I've got the data...I obviously need a Wii and Brawl.

Any other game? We can talk about that. I'm open minded.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I would post the full results in the results threads in addition to linking to the challonge. I wouldn't rely on the external sites because who knows if they will always exist or be accessible.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Thanks man, and your marth was scaring me. and good **** beating me in teams, was fun =)

LLDL

Smash Hero
No prob, you gonna be at apex by any chance. It's been like...years XD

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
That may or may not be happening. I know that a couple of people from my area were thinking about going. Just to get the practice in. I, however, am unsure if I'll have the funds to make it out there. =/ The following week we're getting people out to Easton to play. Should be good.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
From anyone but me, xD. I'm so hideously beyond rusty. I also crumple under the pressure of Marth and Samus. I think I've only beaten Marth once in tournament. =(

I'm hopeless without Peach, xD. However, I'm trying to learn a new character or two. Still....<3 Peach.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
From anyone but me, xD. I'm so hideously beyond rusty. I also crumple under the pressure of Marth and Samus. I think I've only beaten Marth once in tournament. =(

I'm hopeless without Peach, xD. However, I'm trying to learn a new character or two. Still....<3 Peach.
Yeah, I had a tournament with Milk, Dr3w, and Smok and i won, but only because of Peach. I played like a total ******.

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
Aight. I went on the 29th and not many people were there. I hope to go back. Are there any videos of you on the inter-webs?

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
I hope to go to some futue one. I won't be at Apex but I plan on watching the stream. Do you have any advice for a fellow Captain Falcon player?

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Best advice i can give is just go for it. with falcon you wanna have good spacing and just wanna get a grab in my opinion. from there combos can start with a good read

:phone:

InTimidator

Smash Apprentice
When I play Falcon, I play with my heart, not the brain. I think if you try to play just smart, you are very limited. When you go out far for the kills, you may die, but I just get even more pumped when I SD.

Top Bottom