• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GG Showdown!!- We're BAAAAAAAACK!!!! Who wants some? - March 30th, 2013 - Easton, PA

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
After a bit of hiatus, (Thank you work and the hospital) we're back, but with a new name. This is still open to anyone, and I'm hoping we have representation for Smash from NY this time. (We had PA and NJ.)

New York, New Jersey, Philly- come and face our group. We've been waiting, and the Lehigh Valley/Stroudsburg area is on point. (Well...I'm only somewhat on point, lol.)

The last tournament wasn't bad for our first regional, with some people popping up that we weren't expecting, and a new challenger has also appeared since then, with some of our other challengers leveling up. Our last tournament saw two representatives from East Stroundsburg, Lazy & Kite, as well myself taking top 3 for Melee respectively. Bifu|Insaynne was dominating Marvel with the FNE guys bringing up 2nd and 3rd. Then we had CLG convincingly take KOF. Can anyone stop that guy? Those 3 games will make their return this time around, but Marvel is anyone's game with Insaynne not returning for this event.

Who will take Melee this time around? Will Lazy win again? Will we have Rutgers come back to take the throne? Will the mysterious J-Lo make a return?

Without any further yapping, here's the description straight from the Facebook page:

Facebook Event Page Link: http://www.facebook.com/events/272927962839736/

It's not too difficult to figure out that we're a growing community with an interest in gaming both new and old. We have members from not only Easton, but Allentown, Nazareth, and Stroudsburg. We also extended our community in to the nearby areas of NJ. (Let's face it...I've lived there, and they don't even want them, lol) We've had competition from NY, and we're hoping to get Philly and South Jersey involved, too.

What we offer:
It's a GAME STORE!! So obviously we offer a full gaming experience. Here are other things you can expect:
- A great arcade
- Great staff who has an equally great passion for gaming
- convenient location for Public transportation from NYC, Philly, Allentown, Bethlehem, and Phillipsburg (you're right across the river...)
- A great location to get a variety of food. (Chinese, Italian, Subway, Wawa, DD, and even Jamaican!! Plus more!!) All withing walking distance, mind you.
- Games from current and back
- Did I mention an Arcade?

Things to remember:
*First and foremost- Have fun. Tournaments encourage healthy competition and push people to better themselves. However, they're fun, so be sure to have fun!!

*Keep in contact with me at all times- I'm TO of the event, so I gotta know where you are. I'm going to tighten the reigns a little more this time around, so PLEASE let me know what the deal is if you've gotta go somewhere, or are going to be late.

*Keep an eye on your stuff- I REALLY shouldn't have to say this, but I will. Keep an eye on your personal property. The Game Gallery is not responsible for your things.

*This is a BYOC(S) event!!! If you don't know what that means: "Bring Your Own Controller(Stick)" The Game Gallery can't always be guaranteed to have a spare controller on hand, and quite honestly, I don't have a car, so I don't feel like walking with a ton of stuff glued to my back. I MIGHT have a spare or two, but no promises.

*We need setups as always. You can NEVER have too many setups. We can do more, with more setups. 360s, Gamecubes/Wiis, TVs, and MAYBE a PS3.

* Hype talk is encouraged. We want this to be fun, so hype up some matches, it's okay.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Games and Basic Rules-

Main games for SURE include:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Smash Bros. Melee~
King of Fighters XIII

So bring your A-game for these, people.
--------------------------------------------------
Possible side tournaments include (But not guaranteed): Persona 4: Arena, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition 2012, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Smash Bros 64, Project: M, and a "Mystery" game.
------------------------------------------------

Some basic rules:

*Unless otherwise noted, all games are Double Elimination

*With the Exception of Marvel, all games will be best of 3 with Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals being Best of 5. (Marvel is best of 5 the whole way through)

*With the Exception of Smash, all games will have the timer set to max time. (99 seconds) [Smash is 8 minutes, 4 stocks]

*No coaching allowed during the matches. In between is fine, and you have a minute to take a breather in between matches...should you choose to take it.

*With the exception of Smash, all games will leave you character/team/order locked for the set if you win, with the loser free to change. (Smash is: Loser picks stage, Winner picks character, Loser picks character)

*If you are unsure of something, just ask. I won't bite your head off, and there are players, and assistant TOs who will gladly help you out, too.

*No pausing in the middle of a match. Doing so will result in loss of that round. (It'd be the match for Marvel, and a stock for Smash)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your patience, and happy gaming!!

JoseOle92

Smash Apprentice
HYPE.
I'm from Boston and I'm coming down. Everyone else who is closer by has no excuse not to be there.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
HYPE.
I'm from Boston and I'm coming down. Everyone else who is closer by has no excuse not to be there.
Word? Nice!! Be looking forward to playing you. What brings you out to PA, though?

P.S. The link to the Facebook Event Page has been added to the OP. In there is a poll for what the 4th game would be. If you have a preference, or your own suggestion, feel free to add them.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I hope to make it with a couple of our crew members. Maybe 4 or 5? Mad hype though. Also, could there be P:M?
Definitely going to have to check out these different features, lol. Um, if we have the setups for it, yes. Things are going to be extra difficult with the current amount of setups. I hope people will be bringing them. I also would need another SD card. (The one that I could use is currently being occupied by music I listen to in tournament. Not giving that up, sorry. =P )

A bunch of my friends are going to an ultimate frisbee tournament that weekend around the area and they have just enough room to take me with them.
Oh wow, nice!! Talk about things working out!

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
i can bring a full melee setup with tv. plus a sd card with newest pm on it. if anyone can bring more melee setups so we can run matches quickly that would be great

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
We definitely need as many as possible. I want Melee to run smoothly, and Marvel is going to take some time. So will KOF. If we can get 3 Marvel set-ups going, and get it started on time, then everything should run smooth as butter. The big TV will be the start, then one of the flatscreens didn't lag, so if the Marvel guys bring one more, then we should be safe for that game. We're going to start KOF SUPER early, because it takes time. Melee will probably get running about 4. I ran it quick and efficient with 2 or 3 setups last time, and I'm trying to ensure that we get more than that.

I believe Tasty and his crew are bringing their large TV and cube, AJ has a set-up, and if Intimidator and his crew can bring a TV that'll be 3. I'm hoping we can score another TV by then. I'll make it work. I always do.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Kite has it right. As far as the times are concerned, I want Marvel to start right away, along with KOF. The rest will fall in to place, and I want Melee to start at 4. If you show up before 2, that's fine, as well. I'm going to try and be there no later than 12. Last time I got there at like 11. I just have some business to handle in the morning.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Smash is the main event, after all. I don't want it to layover too much with Marvel, plus it takes Smashers forever to warm up, lol. I also really need to not be running so many games so early in the bracket at first, either. I learned that from the last one.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
deff will be up for doubles friendlies and maybe a crew battle. tho i may only have one person with me but itll be a fun challenge

LLDL

Smash Hero
Me and stric are on our way should be there by 330. Will we have time to enter

Top Bottom