• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting a Wii and Brawl just for Project M. Quick question

Treilah2

Smash Rookie
When I get Project M installed, does it come with all of the characters and music [for example, the choices in Calabrel's topic] or will I have to unlock them first?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Does Project M really just unlock everything? Cuz I'm pretty sure music doesn't. I have all the music unlocked on mine, but my buddy does not, and it limits how many music slots he has available for his custom music.

TreK

Is "that guy"
It shares the same file, only locked characters are still displayed on the roster.

I installed PM yesterday, and played a couple CPUs, and I've had a couple character unlocks. They've been unlocked on my brawl save lol

Edit : I'm on 2.5b, so it may have been changed. Silly me xD

Treilah2

Smash Rookie
Oh so the music itself has to be unlocked the normal way then? That's kind of lame.

I do have another question though. The way Calabrel has the music codes set up is that how it's set up for the stages themselves if I don't edit them?

Treilah2

Smash Rookie
Oh, I always understood that. I was referring to the case of in Project M itself. I doubt I'll be going back to vanilla Brawl. I was wondering if the music, stages, and characters are open from the beginning in Project M and will continue to be.

Kati

Smash Lord
I thought recent demos unlocked every song slot, but I have no recollection as to where/when I learned that fact.

Anyways, you can always download cheatachu. You temporarily replace Pikachu's fighter.pac file, and then can get every cd in the game in one sitting.

Treilah2

Smash Rookie
I do have another question. I got the SD card with Project M on it, got the Gecko OS running and it went to the Project M menu [where you can start it and it has other options] but when I went to that screen, my Wiimote no longer worked on it. Is the pre-loader a Gamecube controller only menu or did I do something wrong?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The newest Wiimotes can't seem to work with Gecko OS, other than that, just using a Gamecube controller works magic.

Treilah2

Smash Rookie
While this topic is still up mind if I ask a quick game play question?

I got Gamecube controllers so running Gecko OS isn't an issue, what is, however, I can't for the life of me do wavedashes or dash dances with any reliability [particularly annoying because I could do both quite well in Melee] is there a new timing I have to learn? Is buffering by any chance making it more difficult, or am I just bad in general?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The timing should be the same. I know a lot of players do get confused by the new aesthetics. Keep playing, and you should get you timing back eventually. I actually got confused when I played Roy in Melee again after playing him in Project M for a little while despite them having the very same physics.

Top Bottom