• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GET YOUR SMASH FIX! TOURNAMENT in Roswell, GA 1/11/08 (NOTICE DATE/LOCATION CHANGE)

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I've been looking around these forums and the general consensus is that a tourney needs to go down, like pronto. So, to satiate everyone's hunger for some smashing, I'm organizing a tourney at a local gaming place this FRIDAY. I want to see an impressive turnout, and I really want to see what Georgia has to offer. I don't have all the exact details down, but I felt it was important to post this tournament ASAP. So without further delay:

GET YOUR SMASH FIX! Tournament

EDIT: Computer ArenA
10895 Alpharetta Highway
Roswell, GA USA 30076
404-932-3159
Check computerarena.com for driving directions.

DATE

1/11/08

EVENTS

I still need to talk to the owner about the hours of operation (especially to make decent time for friendlies), but for now expect registration to begin at 11:00 AM.

Doubles will start at 12:00 PM.

Singles will begin 30 minutes after Doubles end. The tournament should be over no later than 8:00. Brackets will be randomized.

ENTRY FEES

Singles: $10 per person
Doubles: $20 per team/$10 per person

PRIZE

A portion of the entry fees go to the venue. The rest of the prize money will be distributed as follows:

Singles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

RULES

For both Singles and Doubles:

Double Elimination
Matches will be best 2 of 3.
Finals and Semifinals will be best 3 of 5.
Random stages: Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Story
Banned stages: Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Onett, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Great Bay, Poke Floats (However, any stage is open, as long as both players agree to it)
No items.
Time Limit: 8 minutes
4 stock
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.

Each player can strike one non random stage.

After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick his character and the next round will begin.

Stall tactics such as Rising Pound and Peach Wall bomber are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes.

No controller mods/macros, etc.

Anything not mentioned here is considered MLG rules, with the exception of the following:

WOBBLING IS BANNED. If you are wobbling for more then 2 seconds, you will forfeit the round.

IMPORTANT: The Arena has about 5 TVs, but it has no GameCubes and only 1 Wii. So please supply more Cubes if you can, as well as copies of Smash, memory cards, VCRs/cameras if you want to get any videos recorded (which would be pretty cool), and of course your own controllers.

Let me know if you are coming and if you can provide any additional setups.

Lastly, here is my contact information if you need to reach me for whatever reason:

Jon
AIM: jonno812
cell: 404-316-1056

Attendance List based on forum posts:
1. Jon (meatpopsicle)
2. Curt (singles)
3. Shiri (maybe)
4. N64 (maybe)
5. S()FT (cube & smash)
6. mog112 (cube & TV)
7. P3L!C@N Icube & smash)
8. carter88 (cube & smash)
9. The Alpha Gundam
10. Dogy Samich (maybe)
11. Gerbil (maybe)
12. MarsFool!
13. GA Peach (maybe)
14. TBag

The Computer Arena will be open late on Friday if you couldn't make it during the day or you want to stay after the tourney.

AddictionRampant

Smash Rookie
Whoa, I live about 3 minutes away! My parents would never leave me there thought, and they would not wait more than a couple hours, so I don't want to waste cash on a tournament I cannot finish. Good to see some activity near my house, though. (There are better game arenas around here. They are a bit further away, but I know one has 3 Gamecubes)

S0FT

Smash Ace
I might be coming.
There is no door fee and the gaming center is not taking a cut out of the pot?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
**** yeah!

I KNOW we should be there. Well.... actually.... I'm very uncertain :( I gotta find out of I have work or not...

but I know once Alpha reads this he will be most likely trying his hardest to attend lol.

S0FT

Smash Ace
This looks like it might be a pretty big tournament

And why is Poke Floats and Jungle Japes banned

But not Rainbow Cruise?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Mmmmmmm...I don't suppose there's any chance of this moving to Friday. x_x

meatpopsicle

Smash Apprentice
DATE EDIT:

Sunday January 13 OR the prior Friday or Saturday. If I knew how to make a poll, I would, but for now let me know what works best for you and before the end of today I will decide on the date based on which day works for the most amount of people.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So when is this?

Friday or sunday.

It'd be kinda nice to know, so i can decide whether i feel like driving 4(2) hours and when i would make this drive. >.>

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Actually, Friday gives me the best shot of getting out of work lol. So I too vote Friday. I don't think anyone has voted against it so far >.>

N64

Smash Champion
so i might be coming. if shiri can get off work and give me a ride. we'll see! pumped!

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
since it's friday i ain't gonna be able to make it cuz class. but everyones welcome to come to my place after the tournament for more smashing. just let me know

mog112

Smash Ace
can maybe make singles

also not sure if anyone noticed this, but place has no gamecubes and 5 tvs

bring gamecubes people!

tv or two wouldnt hurt either

daniel-zaman

Smash Journeyman
i got class on friday tooo. dang i was going to make my smash return to this tourney. me and datman have been practicing non stop.

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
I used to play CS ALL the time at New Media Arena. Place is the shiz. Bawlz is one of the best drinks ever. Can't wait.

Top Bottom