• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Rid of The Trip. The Trip Was a Stupid Idea!!!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
dude, fatigue would be worlds better then random tripping. the only thing though is with the negative reaction to Pokemon Trainer(who did use fatigue), there may be more backlash.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
dude, fatigue would be worlds better then random tripping. the only thing though is with the negative reaction to Pokemon Trainer(who did use fatigue), there may be more backlash.
EH I woudn't like fatigue, I like to constantly be moving around and fatigue would probably just make things worse imo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Fatigue may not be a smart move, but players could always have a tired idle pose for when their current damage goes over 100%.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Maybe fatigue could be a new status ailment caused by some items or attacks, which temporarily slows the user down and weakens attacks.

:phone:

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Fatigue may not be a smart move, but players could always have a tired idle pose for when their current damage goes over 100%.
I really like this idea. I already include it in my movesets. :)

I do NOT want a fatigue mechanic like the trainer's pokemon. The stale move negation mechanic already makes ur attacks weaker, if ur spamming moves. We don't need a fatigue mechanic.

:phone:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fatigue should be left with PT only.

If random tripping, for whatever reason, stays in, I think there should be some way to use it to your advantage. Maybe timing an attack on a trip would result in a cancel + slide, or something.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Are people actually suggesting tripping replaced by fatigue would be passable? Way to take one impeding mechanic and replace it with another.

What's so wrong with dashing anyways? It's not like walking is useless. Sometimes it makes more sense to walk and use a tilt.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gee I just said that I have a hunch that their "probably" going to replace random tripping with fatigue and I get shot with the assumption that I'm actually "suggesting" they should do that..... >_>

I'm not a fan of random tripping neither of fatigue, I'd rather they just kept these sort of stuff to how it was in smash 64 and melee. Though I don't mind a tired animation when a character reaches 200% or 300% damage. It would be pretty neat to see... =p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Whenever I play vBrawl, it's a boring and painful experience, but weirdly enough I rarely trip. I do think it should be taken out. And not get a replacement mechanic of any type.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The trip was a bit annoying. It really pissed off those who hate random elements. however, it can be justified as something that increases gameplay variety.

A truly stupid addition was the ladders. They served no purpose, and were awkward when actually used. only helpful whatsover in the solo mode.

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
it's really funny watching a lot of you being very vocal about this.
Chill out guys.
If we aren't vocal, then there's even less of a chance that those idiot fools will know/understand that we're butt-hurt over their moronic idea(s).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tripping's annoying when it happens randomly, but to be honest I don't find it too much of an issue due to the rate it happens, and when it does I'm usually far enough away from my opponent so I'm never really punished for it. I want it gone, but I do think it's a bit overrated as it's not game breaking or anything.

Definitely like the idea of tripping as a status effect though. Would love for Mewtwo's confusion attack at close range to cause it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Random tripping should be removed. Tripping in general should stay if they were caused by items (bananas) or characters' moves (Diddy's Down B).

Top Bottom