• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Ready, Non-Preorderers!

M.K

Level 55
Something in me was telling me that I wasn't going to get Brawl this Saturday at midnight, so I called up my Gamestop and asked them if they would have enough copies to satisfy pre-orders. This is what they said:

"We will have enough copies for pre-orders, but we won't have any copies for general sale"

So if you didn't pre-order the game, be sure to be ready to run all over town for it. :dizzy:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Something in me was telling me that I wasn't going to get Brawl this Saturday at midnight, so I called up my Gamestop and asked them if they would have enough copies to satisfy pre-orders. This is what they said:

"We will have enough copies for pre-orders, but we won't have any copies for general sale"

So if you didn't pre-order the game, be sure to be ready to run all over town for it. :dizzy:
Makes me glad I preordered mine first thing when prordering was available...

Also, if I hadn't I wouldn't be able to participate in the Tourney. My gamestop is only allowing people who preordered to participate.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Lucky i preordered it then.

Dark Fur said:
Makes me glad I preordered mine first thing when prordering was available...

Also, if I hadn't I wouldn't be able to participate in the Tourney. My gamestop is only allowing people who preordered to participate.
Same with mine, the tournament should be fun.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, I am so happy I pre-ordered, and if I wasn't getting a copy, I would be so mad. I preordered WAY back in July, so they BETTER give me a copy.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
usually gamestop say they dont have enough, but they really dont sell to the public till the 10th. thats why you always hear someone say the 10th.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I just thought about something. We'll have tons of people on this forum complaining about not being able to get oone.

Darkurai

Smash Master
The guy at my GameStop said something similar.

"If you pre-ordered, you're guaranteed a copy. If you didn't pre-order, I can't promise anything."

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Bah. Be lucky you people at least HAVE a gamestop near you. All we have in harrison is a crappy little wal-mart. I'll be lucky if I can find SSBB there by monday.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
*looks at his receipt*
$50 on Brawl
Oh hell yes :)

xcgumby

Smash Rookie
I've never had a problem getting a game on release day no matter how hyped it is. I guess the stores near me get a lot of copies.

Wlokos

Smash Rookie
I preordered this one back before it got delayed for the first time.

I don't know why anybody who wants it on launch day wouldn't for up the $5 to get it reserved, seems like there's no point to running around everywhere trying to find it.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
lmao ill still get the game even though i didnt pre order it cuz i live in toronto and we dont got any gamestops, plus there arnt as many smash fans where i live. Imma just go early to walmart or eb games. Walmart opens first so ill buy it there. The game Difinatly wont sell out in my area though.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I've never had a problem getting a game on release day no matter how hyped it is. I guess the stores near me get a lot of copies.
Same here. Never had a problem finding any game on release day. I even walked into Gamestop on Halo 3's release day and there were plenty of copies.

It won't be sold out here on the first day. And even if it is, Wal-Mart will have all of theirs in stock. They don't take preorders so it's first come first serve and as far as I know they're not doing a midnight release. So, I'm not worried. Gamestop isn't the only store selling Brawl.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Pft. it's the Halo 3 hype all over again.

"OMG if you didn't preorder it, you're screwed"

I walked on my wal-mart and picked one of the 50+ copies.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
I only pre-ordered it on Monday so I could play in the Gamestop tournament. You all remember there are stores other than Gamestop, right?

Specifically thinking places that generally don't do Pre-orders: Best Buy, Walmart, Target, K-mart, Random Mom and Pop stores, etc.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I only pre-ordered it on Monday so I could play in the Gamestop tournament. You all remember there are stores other than Gamestop, right?

Specifically thinking places that generally don't do Pre-orders: Best Buy, Walmart, Target, K-mart, Random Mom and Pop stores, etc.
Exactly what I said earlier. I don't see the big deal with gamestop running out. There's still 50 million other stores that sell games that aren't gamestop.

S623

Smash Apprentice
Uh-Oh. I hope they don't give priority to people who paid off their preorders in full...

Slight off-topic: Can I access my preorder from any Gamestop or just the one I preordered at?

whiterob

Smash Journeyman

Lol, this is the reason why I preordered Yesterday. I walked in to sign up for the tourney, then the dude told me what you just said. So after all those months of not preordering, I was finally forced to or I wouldn't get a copy. He even said that they only had like 10 preorders left too.:psycho:

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
.......................Better get my freaking copy....grrrrrrrrr.

Everybody who gets their copies GOOD JOB.

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
my wal mart said they'll have a bunch and my gamestop is right next to it, so between the two they have alot, thats what I heard, and the snow storm were I live might keep less people on the streets going to buy it, but my mom said she'll go.

andytw710

Smash Cadet
I'm not worried, it probably seems like everybody is getting this because of this board but I bet there will be a good chunk of us who didn't preorder who will get it this evening.

Top Bottom