• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Ready, Non-Preorderers!

SirChubbs

Smash Rookie
well looks like im going to walmart... its a 24/7 one, does that mean theyll start selling brawl at midnight?

if not, then im just going to target which opens @ 8 the next day.

If only i could drive....then i wud have preordered..

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
I don't know... it's a scary thought that I won't be able to get it because I didn't pre order.

Then I keep thinking of other big game releases like the burning crusade and seeing hundreds of copies in stock. My city should have plenty of copies to go around.

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't preorder it because my parents are ****. However, I checked with my local Gamestop and they'll have walk-in copies for the midnight release. So, I think I'll be okay.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im on my way to taking my reserve from EB.

I pre-ordered on Wed because they said that they where doing a Mid-Night release. . .come to find out that on Fri they called to say they canned their mid-night release. My bud knows a GameStop thats alot closer to us than the 2 bus ride EB so I might as well check them out to see if they has general sells for the Midnight release (or atleast to not have to trival 2 buses to get the game on a cold Sunday morning. . . ).

This is a NINTENDO game. . .I have never had trouble finding a Nintendo game. They make sure to make crap loads of copies.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I just remembered now. When I was looking for a wii at xmas (and found one) there were tons of copies of all the popular games everywhere. Mario galaxy, RE:UC, metroid prime 3, and so on. I rarely saw any games that weren't in stock.

Yeah, I highly doubt that I won't be getting brawl on sunday.

Grevling

Smash Cadet
They always have extra. Every single time I go to Gamestop to buy a new game, they always give me a sketchy look and ask, "Did you preorder it?" When I say, "No" they always respond with, "Ugh, well I'll check...." And then they walk over to their 10 foot high pile of the game that I wanted, grab one of the empty boxes and the disk for it out of a cabinet, and then act like I was extraordinarily lucky for getting there just in time for one of the last 100 copies they had of the game.

If you get there early enough, then you'll get one. If not, then try to get your game from a store that's less terrible next time.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Uh-Oh. I hope they don't give priority to people who paid off their preorders in full...

Slight off-topic: Can I access my preorder from any Gamestop or just the one I preordered at?
Uh, mine is giving priorty to those people at the midnight release. Lucky i paid full.:) But yours could be different.

ThunderHero

Smash Apprentice
I didnt pre order and I'll be fine. The GS in my town is accrossed town so around 35min drive. So I'll just go to Shopko which is only 10min away and they dont do preorders so I'll go about an hour early. But I'll still head to GS with my friends for the party(yeah i found out we were going after i decide not to preorder>_>)

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I live in a large enough area that there are at least 15 stores I can think of off the top of my head that are selling it at midnight and not doing preorders.

On top of that, the place I am going (camping even) is such an off the wall place I doubt many people will think of it. The only reason I am camping is because I want to be safe.

Only reason I didn't preorder is because I only recently found out that GS is not shipping the game until Monday... I thought they would ship it early and it would arrive Monday... (my order was placed back in August though, before the delays).

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Hah, a little bit of me was hoping for this.

IT'S THEIR OWN **** FAULT FOR NOT PRE-ORDERING IT!
Yeah. It's our own fault that we can't wait in line with a bunch of loud, rabid Smash Bros. fans for two to three hours at Gamestop when we could just take a drive to any of the other retailers that will be selling it. :rolleyes:

Seriously, do people really think Gamestop is the only store selling Brawl??

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Wait if you only put $5 down on it does that meen ppl who put more down on it will have prioritys over you....?

CivicSmash

Smash Apprentice
I just went down to my local gamestop and preordered it just now. They said that I was extremely lucky and that I reserved their LAST COPY!!!!!! Sweet glorious music to my ears!!!!!!!!!!

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
well for those that live in California good luck getting brawl. I live in CA and in my area theres like 600 reserve copies. Glad i reserved my copy last year.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
Sure alot of the new people will leave, but the veterans who've been here for 2 years and up, and people who want to be in tournaments most likely will stay. Me? i plan on staying.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Well, I called all the EB places in my area (two didn't answer). They are all saying that it's doubtful they will have any brawl in stock for people who didn't pre order. One store I called said they have 250 pre orders for brawl.

The sucky part of it is, EB was my only option. I'm going to have to wait until monday when I have actual money in my hands instead -_-'

Two more days until brawl! That is... if there will be any copies in places like walmart or bestbuy on monday. Knowing my luck they'll say they won't be getting another shipment until sunday and i'm going to have to wait until then.

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty lucky, I have two 24/7 Walmart Supercenters within 10 minutes from where I live, so I'll be all set tonight. I would have preordered at Gamestop, there are two of them literally right next to one of the Walmarts, but I'm trying to save up a bunch of money to go to China and I have a $50 Walmart, so the decision just seemed right, especially since I live in such a small town and the surrounding towns are small as well. Curse this snowstorm!!! I don't care how long it takes to get there, I'm getting it tonight, muhahaha!

andytw710

Smash Cadet
Just called Walmart, they said come at 12 they have their copies. I'm in a small college town where I bet most will go to the gamestop anyway. Glad I won't have to deal with Gamestop...so glad.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know whats going on with Best Buy? I'm planning on going about 1 hour before it opens tomorrow. They wouldn't order only enough for preorders would they?

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
Manitobans don't get Brawl until sunday at noon. le sigh. gotta feel for the europeans, though.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
I pre ordered mine a few weeks ago and heading to gamestop at 9:30 for the tournament. I can't belive it's only 7 hours away now ^^

Corn

Smash Rookie
I don't think a preorder for the game is neccesary. Atleast where I live. The delay could've allowed more copies to be printed. So I'm not going to worry.

Top Bottom